Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista
Hotel Moro Freoni(Corrubbio di Negarine)
All reviewsshuttle servicepool arealuxury hotellake gardabeautiful gardenverona operaloved this hotelhigh qualityexcellent staffwhole experiencegourmet restauranthotel shuttlethe hotel offerspublic spacesout of this worldsmall luxurypure heaven
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I found this online for an unplanned trip at very short notice and we were delighted. A beautiful villa in glorious gardens, with a lovely swimming pool. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful, the food was excellent, and the room delightful. The art is quite spectacular too!

This is a great location just outside Verona and a 20-minute drive from Lake Garda.

We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We were given a room in an annexe - a period building nestling in the garden, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is one of the places that one you have found them, your reget not having found earlier. A brilliant place with great facilties and a realy excellent staff. The holtel is talently decorated with intriguing pieces of moderd art that blend perfectly with the history of the nice builing.

Its situation just outside of Verona may seem a handicap but the hotel and the complimentary shuttle service make this handicap into an adavantage.

This is must vist place for everybody who wants to enjoy the cultural delights of Verona and enjoy a very good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here 2 years ago and we were very impressed with this property and I gave it 5 stars on my last review. I was so looking forward to coming back. We returned this time with another family and stayed for 3 nights. I had raved about this hotel to our friends. I was somewhat disappointed this time - unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, this villa is still very beautiful with impeccable landscaping and a stunning entrance with flowers and fountain. The pool is still my favourite feature and it is truly relaxing to lie around the pool outdoors amongst the beautiful flowers etc. The room we had this time was larger than what we had last time and my family and I appreciated the extra space. Unfortunately, there were a few issues with our room. The shower "door" was very small and inadequate so the bathroom floor flooded every time we showered. This was a problem for every room. They really need to redesign the showers in all the rooms. It seems silly to be in such a fancy hotel only to have all the showers spray all over the floor. Our king bed broke half way through our stay and had to be fixed. They did offer to move us to another room but I didn't want to move to a smaller room, so we waited the 24 hrs for it to be fixed. After that, it was fine.

My biggest complaint is that we had to pay for wifi. For a luxury hotel where we were paying almost 600 euros a night, I think they should have provided wifi for free. They did give us a free wifi card which was good for 500 MB and 2 devices, but you couldn't use the 2 devices concomitantly! Since we each had 2 devices in our family (and I think most people do these days - laptop, smartphones, iPads etc) and 500 MB doesn't go very far, we had to purchase more wifi time - which I think is ridiculous when you are paying that much for a room!

Breakfast was included with our room and we enjoyed that very much. It was less extensive than the last time we were here but still, there were a lot of choices and very tasty. Dining in the garden was lovely.

We were a bit disappointed with the service this time. Overall, it was still very good but just not quite as attentive as the last time. There had been a large turnover of staff since our visit 2 years ago - only 2 of the original staff was still there. The little touches of remembering our names and what we liked for breakfast etc was gone. Everyone was still very pleasant and helpful but it just wasn't quite as impressive as last time.

This is still a very lovely 5 star hotel located in beautiful Valpolicella region. I was still very impressed with the landscaping and the charm of the hotel and service was still very good. However, for the price you pay, I think management need to make wifi available for free and work on improving service with attention to small personal touches and details. Improve the shower door so the bathrooms don't flood - you do that, and you will get 5 stars from me again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank IzzyEdmonton
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very original, funky, colourful decoration items in the room and common spaces. The bathroom was large and clean but with ugly tiles, fittings and colours. The dinner at the restaurant was an excellent surprise. Delicious pastries in the breakfast buffet and served with the cocktails. At night, you may hear a few trains passing by. Location was convenient and a short drive to beautiful Verona.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Serin
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this amazing hotel. It exceeded our expectations in every way. This is a wonderful place, with great food, a superby relaxed and informal atmosphere, beautiful surroundings, staff that are the best I have come across for a long time and, fantastic contemporary art which is displayed around the hotel. Which may sound strange if you haven't been to a hotel like this before (which we hadn't), but which works really well.
And located as it is midway between Verona and Lake Garda I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple