“Brilliant tour -- will recommend it without doubt!”
Review of Burren Wild Tours

Burren Wild Tours
Ranked #8 of 17 Tours in The Burren
Reviewed October 23, 2009

First of all, regarding those people complaining about how wet and cold the tour was, deal with it. If you know of a way to control the weather and make it pleasant and sunny for everyone, then let us know. If not, shut up. The tour guide on the Burren Walks offers everyone who wants them macs and wellies, so there is no reason to complain about them tour company. John, the tour guide, is very knowledgeable, and I found the walk quite enlightening and fun. You definitely get to see a lovely part of the Irish countryside, and if the weather complies, then that's great. If not. that's too bad, but it by no means reflects badly on the Burren Walks tour company. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to know more about what they're looking at.

There are newer reviews for Burren Wild Tours

Reviewed September 30, 2009

I've been in Ireland for about a month now and the Burren Tour has by far been my greatest experience. The views are breathtaking and the tour is intimate, something that is hard to come by. John is extremely knowledgeable, welcoming and makes the tourists feel at home. I would recommend this tour to anyone that wants a true look at the irish countryside.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

I was very lucky with the weather, sunny skies and big fluffy clouds, but on any day this tour would have been enjoyable. Not wanting to ride a bus all day, we decided on the Burren Walk and Cliffs of Moher tour. We made a several stops and the Burren mountains was a major highlight. Our guide, John, was very down-to-earth, friendly and made a pleasant tour guide. He was very knowledgeable about the land and it's folklore, all the while keeping a smile on everyone's face with his humor and showing off his stunning views of Galway Bay and the surrounding land.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

I arrived on a bus tour of the Cliffs of Moher that had the Burren Wild walking tour included. We pulled up in front of a working farm set in a shallow valley surrounded by sweeping landscapes. I quickly found out that leaving my wellington boots at the hotel that morning was a mistake, but thankfully The Burren Wild Tours had a range of wellies of all different sizes for just such an instance.

The guide was very informative with a hint of humour and good fun. The material given during the tour went beyond just the historical significance of the place with side notes on the flora and fauna and their role in life on the burren. As we continued on the walk, I couldn't help but let the magic of Ireland seep into my being as everywhere I looked filled my senses with mystisism and an aura of adventure.

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who would like to see the Irish country side up close. The tour itself is about an hour and ends in the coffee shop back down on the farm where you can enjoy a cup of coffee and something sweet to munch on while getting to know the rest of your walking companions.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

This was one of my favorite parts of our trip to Ireland! We had a 2.5 hour hike/walk; it was just the two of us and the guide, John. The weather happened to be perfect that day, the walk was fantastic, the view was amazing and John's knowledge and stories were informative and entertaining. When we take our next trip to Ireland, we will defnitely do this again! TIP: Make sure you wear good walking/hiking shoes- hiking boots or tennis shoes.