“An unique ecosystem!”
Review of Burren Wild Tours

Burren Wild Tours
Ranked #7 of 19 Tours in The Burren
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Go there and meet an unique ecosystem of stone and squeezed plants.
Also, it is possible to check the first impressions of Ireland early people.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was utterly speechless with the experience. I didn't have high expectations in regards to a "walk in the Burren", I though it would be a nice thing to do and it would probably be an average experience if it wasn't for greatly charismatic people running the Walking Centre. Their professionalism and fresh attitude swept everyone off their feet. John took us up the most stunning parts of the Burren mountains but it was his fascinating personality that made the experience so special. This young ( and very HANDSOME!!!:-) man shared all his knowledge ( he studied archeology ) and great sense of humour with us adjusting pace and the content to everyone in the group. He also made tea in a special pot up the mountain and offered delicious salmon he caught himself....I really appreaciated every single minute of the walk. On the way back we were greeted by John's wife who waited for us with hot coffee and tarts at the front door...Their Granny's Farmhouse is the most amazing farmhouse I had a chance to visit in Ireland. It reminded me of home and my own grandma...Anyway, I'm so looking forward to coming back there...Unforgettable experience. I wish them the best with your new venture and please let me know when the cookbook comes out. It was the most delicious fruit of the forest tart I have EVER tasted. 100% worth doing in the Burren.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I went on the 3 hour walking tour of the Burren with John Connolly who runs Burren Wild Tours. We can't say enough good things about the quality of the walk and John's knowledge of the Burren including geology, botany, Irish history, and folklore. The tour starts from his family's farm and gradually gains elevation that offers stunning views and shows that the Burren is far more than just a pile of rocks. Because John grew up in this area, he knew every nook and cranny. Our group was small and John made tea for everyone at the top. John readily adapted his information to the interests of the group and answered questions in depth. The cost is very reasonable for the quality of the experience and we highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Heard this was a great tour but it surpassed our expectations. John our driver was very knowledgeable of the region and did an outstanding job of giving us all the history of the towns an archeology. Our first stop was at the working Connolly farm. We hiked the hills in the Burren and learned about farming in the region. When the hike was over we had tea and homemade pie. Awesome. Then we drove through the Burren and viewed many ancient sites. We then made it to the Cliffs of Mohr. Sadly we saw nothing. The day was clouded in and rainy. The museum and gift shop made the stop worth it. Then we had a late lunch in Doolin and had yummy Irish stew. The tour returned at 6pm but the day was fantastic.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Darragh took our group on this 2-hour tour into the Burren. On a wet and blustery day, he offered us coats and boots prior to setting out. The weather did not detract from the experience of wandering over the hills and through this really unique and interesting landscape. Darragh was knowledgeable on the flowers coming into bloom, how the sheep and cattle are pastured and the effects on the land, and the history and geology of the area. His love of the land was evident and he was passionate about it and its history. The walk is not at all hard, but it is not on prepared paths and is rocky in many places and it leads across active pasture land. In all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and gave real insight into this part of Ireland.