“Loved the food but service slow. a postive ending....learn from it!!!!”
Review of Kali'na

Kali'na
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Lowlands
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Discover the unique Caribbean Fusion cuisine in an upscale and romantic environment in one of the top restaurants in Tobago. Traditional Caribbean or Creole recipes prepared in a modern European way as well as dishes from all over the world, refined with typical Caribbean ingredients. Opening hours: 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM. Closed on Sundays and Wednesdays. Reservations required, kindly contact our Guest Service Desk to reserve your table. Appetizer Crispy Coconut Tempura Shrimp 85 light curry, banana coconut dipping sauce Teriyaki Glazed Tuna Sashimi 90 wakame seaweed, citrus- ginger and mango sauce Tamarind Duck Confit in Potato Jacket 80 pak-choy, sweet and hot peppers, pigeon peas- mustard dressing Soup or Salad Lobster Pepper Pot Soup 60 with island ground provisions Kali'na's Gourmand Salad 70 curried lambie- conch patty with tomato, pumpkin, field salad greens tossed in sugarcane vinaigrette Main Course Seafood and Egg Fettuccine Pasta 240 shrimp, bay scallops and mussels tossed in a basil pesto cream sauce and cherry tomatoes Soy- Honey Seared Bonito Tuna Loin 185 citrus marinade and coconut sauce, Basmati rice Chicken Supreme Stuffed with Papaya 150 garlic- herb potato mash and garden vegetables Cracked Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin 230 Whisky- red wine sauce, roaster fingerling potatoes and garden vegetables Charbroiled rack of Lamb with Tahini 240 herb couscous and eggplant "Caponata" Geera Rubbed Pork Tenderloin 190 with "coo-coo"- turned cornmeal with coconut milk, pumpkin and okra All prices are subject to 10% Service Charge and 15% VAT
London, United Kingdom
“Loved the food but service slow. a postive ending....learn from it!!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were not staying at this hotel and after reading good reviews we wanted to take our friend somewhere special. When we arrived I was impressed with the decor and the welcome. But please take note managers and address this.

1.The right wine menu is given
2.The plates come out all at once on a table
3. The staff react quickly to problems and at a pace
4. All guests have cutlery and they dont need to take from the other tables
5. That the supervisor on duty is working the whole floor and not stuck behind the desk.

I would like to add that if you are paying over £140 for a meal for 3 people the above standards are basic.

The supervisor did remove the drinks from the bill in the end and made us leave happy. Once again if your a customer reading this dont let it put you off ....I loved the food and will return but hoping for a more slick service.

James

1 Thank billettjnr

Trinidad
“Not as good as the last time”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were here about one year ago. This visit we ate at Kali'na 2 nights. I found the menu to be limited. The quality of the main dishes were above average. The meals were beautifully presented. On the first night my daughter ordered pork and I ordered steak. The vegetables on both dishes were the same. I found that to be unbecoming of a fine dining restaurant. When dessert came all 4 of us had the same chocolate and "red" sauce on our plate even though we ordered 4 different desserts. My crepe was underwhelming and my daughter's dessert was indistinguishable in flavour. She ordered a fruit flavoured mousse but it tasted like cream cheese.
The service was fair, the atmosphere a little dull and the food prices reasonable. Sadly though it is difficult to get much better in Tobago and I believe that that is why the reviews are good. It is all comparative.

Arima
“Exquisite.........”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This restaurant, nestling in Magdalena Grand, produces some of the best cuisine (world class). Darkened pink salmon.....superb. Every next bite just as good as the first. Robyn did an excellent job ensuring that patrons were satisfied.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Gourmet Tobago cuisine”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Definitely worth experiencing the very good food and service at Ka'lina. From the complementary turkey salad amuse, to appetisers, entres of snapper with lobster sauce, Cajun steak and lamb to desert, the meals were tasty and attractively plated.

trinidad
“Hmmmmm...Delicious!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

during my stay at the Magdalena Resort My family and I enjoyed dinner at the Kali'na restaurant. The service was excellent, the atmosphere was upscale and soft. We were taken care of by Renarta our waitress. The chef sent us Scallop Tempura ( I think) but we do not eat shell foods and he was kind enough to send a vegetable variation for those who eat mushrooms. My husband does not and we thought he would not enjoy the gift until the chef sent a cauliflower version. The Appettizers was tasty! the main course full of flavour! We ate in luxury an dwere quite content at the end of our meal! I would definitely return!