We stayed at the Magdalena from Christmas Day to New Year’s Day. Whilst I appreciate that this is one of the busiest time of the year for hotels, they should be capable of resourcing for this time. Our stay didn’t start off well. We had to wait over an hour before we could check into our room – after 5 pm. When we got into the room, the air conditioning controls didn’t work and the AC was freezing and could not be adjusted. We reported this immediately but it took several hours for anyone to come and fix it. Although the room and bathroom were spacious with both a shower cubicle and bath – the water was not hot enough for a bath and then when I tried to have a shower, the handle came off in my hand. At least the hotel found us another room fairly quickly and gave us a complimentary meal in the ‘fine dining’ restaurant to compensate. Although when we did eat there, the a la carte menu was off and there was only a set menu available. And the other bars and restaurants often ran out of food and drinks on the menu – when they should have been able to stock for the busy period. Although the reception and concierge staff were friendly and helpful, the restaurant staff were very slow. And the cleaning of the rooms was poor. We returned to our room several times after 5 pm to find the room not cleaned. And when they did clean it, the service was very slapdash. They forgot to replace towels, didn’t clean the coffee pot etc. And the water in the bathroom was rarely hot – just about luke warm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands