Just returned from a lovely week at Magdalena Grand Resort. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning and its ideal location adds to the beauty of our holiday. But first things first...We arrived on Wednesday 11th December after 48 hour journey so you can imagine how tired and zoned out we were. Check in was at lightning speed but we for some reason we had an impression we already should know everything as our questions about hotel's services and rules came as a surprise to the Ladies behind the desk (or maybe they were just as tired as we were?). A lovely gentleman took our luggage to our room and kindly explained everything (wifi access, TV channels, air con...). Room was nice and clean and pleasantly cool (outside around 29 degrees) with standard refreshments like coffee and tea, bathroom supplied with toiletries and fluffy towels (the only thing missing in our opinion was a light bathrobe which would be nice after having a shower). Room was spacious and nicely decorated with wifi and large TV. Outside patio area was big enough to enjoy warm evenings and you could leave hotel through little gate instead of walking through the whole building (great!). Outside Magdalena has a nice big swimming pool and private beach with lots of sun loungers so there was no need to fight for them. There was also swimming pool available for adults only. Our holiday package included meals but there was some confusion on a first night as we were presented with a bill and been put into slightly embarrassing position as we didn't take any cash with us to the restaurant. Luckily after a conversation the issue was solved. We thoroughly enjoyed food at Pembois Buffet and all Staff was extremely nice to us. There was huge variety of food for breakfast (from cereal to hot, local stuff). Magdalena Grand offers also bike rental (free) although bikes need some maintenance. There is small shop with basic groceries (snacks, drinks, cigarettes and toiletries), shop with souvenirs and another one with clothes (great bikinis!). For the ones who cannot live without exercise there is 24h gym.
- Housekeeping- we stayed for 7 days and our room was "missed" twice. We had to go to the main desk to ask for toilet roll :D Refreshments in room (coffee and tea) were not top up regularly as well as toiletries (it wasn't a massive issue but you would expect this from 4* hotel and quite frankly we didn't take any thinking they will be available for us)
- Messy grounds- it was a great shame that beautiful beaches were full of rubbish (papers, plastic bottles and caps...). As it is very windy island we understand it’s difficult to keep on top of flying stuff (and in all defence there was a team of people cleaning every morning!) but maybe bit more attention is needed.
- Wrong information- we were informed when we checked in that our "meal plan" includes one soft drink. When we checked out we were charged for those. Also (at the very beginning and only for a minute or two) we had an impression that we weren't the most valuable clients due to having "meal plan". We've won this holiday and had no say in what was included or not.
We had wonderful break at Magdalena Grand and could not wish for better holiday. Staff was very friendly to us and all small issues were fixed ASAP.
We hope to visit Magdalena once again and would definitely recommend this resort!
Thank You Magdalena Grand!
Daria and Kris from 152
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands