Stayed for the weekend of November 22-24 to attend a friend’s wedding and I must say the place is absolutely fabulous.
The rooms are quite nice (stayed in a std room) and if I had to complain I would say the shower was a bit small but everything was layed out extremely well – they even had a back door which leads right out to the beach or to the adult pool to the side which you can access during the night – even though a bit cold. It has internet access via LAN or WiFi, a safe, a mini-fridge, complimentary tea/coffee and even a mini-sewing kit which I thought was very nice.
Had a run in the morning on the North side (South side is small and not very flat) which has about a mile of beach extending beyond the property boundary but stopped at around 800m (where I couldn’t see the sand.)Along the way there’s a river also. On the edge of the South side there’s also an area of beach guarded by some rocks where the kids can bathe without the large waves.
Breakfast is amazing – they have a great variety, from “American Style” to local “Trini” favourites and the fruits are of a high quality. The pool while only 1m deep had one of the best seaviews from the water. The service was also very good, and as a Trinidadian accustomed to substandard service that is saying a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands