“Love it”

Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowlands
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent Service.

As a local i must say, the time my wife and i spent at the resort we forgot we were in or own country. The rooms where clean, staff friendly and very helpful and has passion for there jobs, I remember seeing the food and beverage manager lending a hand on the floor and she didn't have to do that. Well done.
We will be coming back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Akil A
Howard S, General Manager at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I especially appreciate your complimenting our staff who work hard to take care of our guests every day. Thank you and hurry back to Tobago!
Best wishes,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Don't think about visiting any other hotel people, this is it!!!

Welcome drink on arrival, a ride in a golf cart to your room, the bell boy shows you around the room and no need to tip because your tip is included in your room rate. The room was clean and inviting and the shower was amazing! Loved the shampoo, conditioner, bath soap and other amenities.The bed was to die for! Every room has an ocean view. The ocean is close enough to see, but not to hear which i loved because waves keep me up at night. Food selection was fantastic and the service was great as well. They went beyond what was expected of them. One night we even got a call from the manager on shift to ask if we were ok and happy with everything and if we needed anything just let him know. Talk about service! We loved the room so much we hardly left it.

If you want to relax, take some sun and just chill with your sweetheart, this is your place. You'll never want to leave....I sure didn't :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. if you could get one closer to the pool better for you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reese g
Howard S, General Manager at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Your letter brought a smile to my face! In fact we are wondering when we can welcome you back? So glad you enjoyed our hotel and all that we offer. Your room is ready when you are.............
Best wishes from the Magdalena family................

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm writing this after yet another disappointing and over priced meal accompanied by horrible service! After cutting my mouth on a chicken bone that was carelessly cut and called a wing and having two bites of salad that was swimming in dirty water and drenched in Kraft Italian dressing I complained to a member of the wait staff that I had to wait for over 20 min to talk to. All staff seemed to have disappeared.... All she said was "I'll tell the chef". And I was still charged an arm and a leg for the inedible food! They also charge an automatic 15% service charge! And then expect gratuity on top of that. At breakfast I had to find my own utensils, cups, coffee, sugar, etc! What service?! The lady at the kids club made fun of my 3 year old for not talking to her and made a nasty face when I told her she's a bit shy and it takes a little time to open up. I asked my daughter why she didn't talk and she said the lady didn't play with her. She just watched tv the whole time!! The first night it took 5 calls to the front desk and just as many hours to get a cot sent to our room for my daughter so she could sleep, which resulted in her going to bed over 2 hours after her bed time!! The next day when I went to the front desk for info she wouldn't even look at me let alone talk to me. She just handed me a piece of paper with very general information on it. I had to figure out where things were on my own. We asked a week before our stay for a baby sitter as we were attending a wedding and it was confirmed twice on the day of yet nobody showed up resulting in a very late arrival to the wedding. I was the wedding singer!! I was working and the front desks poor communication made me very late and I appeared unprofessional!! However, when the sitter did finally arrive, she was very sweet and apologetic. And she was very good with my child. Her name is Martha and I do plan on hiring her again. Another positive is Stephanie, the junior bar manager. She is genuinely very sweet and helpful. A lot of the staff are very kind but the handful of staff are rude and unapologetic and completely useless and it reflects greatly on the entire hotel. I read many reviews that were much like mine and even more that were saying how amazing this place is. Either those people have nothing to compare it to or they were fake reviews planted in order to boost their reputation. We r only on day 3 of our vacation and we r ready to call it quits!! This place is waaaay to expensive for this poor level of service and terrible food! Thank goodness for the playground and the pool because that is the only saving grace at this point! I don't know who decided to give this hotel 4 stars! Two stars at best! Get rid if the weak links. Have your guests leave happy not upset! I will NEVER be coming back here. I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone ever!! You have the facade of a 4 star hotel but I have experience in the industry and this is no 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Yukonflower
Howard S, General Manager at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Both myself and our Hotel Manager had the opportunity to meet with you after reading your review, it is always better if we can talk to a guest who is not happy while they are still on property. I hope we were able in some way to make the balance of your stay more enjoyable and we would welcome the opportunity to host you again. Again our apologies.............

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary here and it was AWESOME! With extremely attentive and helpful staff and a magnificent breakfast buffet Magdalena delivered on our expectations and provided a lot more. We stayed on their anniversary package which provided great value and the jacuzzi that came with the one bedroom suite was great! All in all, an excellent stay. We're already looking for an opportunity to go back!

Room Tip: If you can afford the upgrade, the jacuzzi that comes with the one bedroom suite is well worth the m...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CariBellaTM

Thank you for your kind words and excellent photos, Happy Anniversary and we are hoping to see you back long before the next anniversary!
Best wishes from the team at Magdalena

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The location was ideal for me. I needed a quiet space to work, so it was fine. The service varied depending on whom you dealt with – i.e very inconsistent. The food was nothing special. My stay was going well until a major snag, which was poorly handled by the hotel management. The matter has not yet been resolved, but I will be keeping potential guests/travelers informed as soon as more information is available.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Senacky

We are in contact with our guest and will continue to work with her, we are conscious of our role as a responsible organisation and take it seriously.
Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Best stay I've had in Tobago WOULD DEFINATELY RETURN... the hospitality and service was great, I was very impressed with evrything great scenary both day and night the room was very cosy didn't have a problem at all and the breakfast was AMAZING (the popular beaches pigeon point and storebay is probably a 15 minute drive) keep up the good work Magdalena! You'll be seeing me soon ;-)

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your positive review, our team is always delighted to hear when we have done well. we really hope we will see you soon.
Best wishes from the Magdalena family

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here for one week in our opinion not long enough , from the moment we arrived to the moment t we left we had first class service , fantastic accommodation fantastic and friendly staff hubby played golf beautiful course and Immaculate grounds one of the highlights was being shown by Franklyn the giant turtle laying her eggs on the south side of the beach where we were staying can't wait to return . A very big thanks to everyone at the Magdelena

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank cardlff
Howard S, General Manager at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments; so pleased you were able to see the turtle laying eggs on our beach and enjoyed our golf course. We look forward to hosting you again. Thank you from all of us at Magdalena Grand..................

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowlands
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!