Amazing cannot begin to describe my vacation here! From the moment entered the Tobago Plantations Estate and drove up the magnificent drive way I no longer felt like I was in Trinidad and Tobago. The bellmen greeted us with a friendly smile and assisted us with our bags. The reception was very friendly and helpful as well. We were greeted with cold towels which were scented (ahhhh so amazingly relaxing) and cold fruit punches. The view alone from the lobby was breath-taking! The lobby overlooks the pool and the ocean… once you arrive you know you are in paradise!
Our rooms were surprisingly spacious and clean! And oh my gosh! That bed… I didn’t want to move! So comfortable. As a female traveller I really appreciated the moveable magnifying mirror in the bathroom. A hairdryer, iron and ironing board was found in the clothes cupboard. All very nice touches. All the rooms overlook the ocean with private balconies. It was wonderful just to sit out there in the nights and listen to the crashing waves. In the morning, we were awaken with the rising sun. Beautiful sight!
Housekeeping staff were always friendly and we never had any issues.
Breakfast at the Pembois Restaurant was to die for! Choices, choices, choices! And everything was delicious. I thought that could hardly be possible, but the same was proven for dinner. The first night we enjoyed the buffet dinner, and again, the choices are many. During our stay we also dined at the Kali’na Restaurant, which was also a yummy experience. The servers were so professional and friendly. We asked a few questions well about the menu and they all knew their stuff and were able to answer immediately, which helped us to choose a wonderful meal.
The surroundings were clean and offered so much! We rode bikes, which were complimentary. The fitness centre was available, but we were on vacation LOL! We’ll see about exercise when we are back to our regular schedules. The pools… oh my gosh! The main pool is breathtaking and the smaller infinity pools are perfect to escape. Salaka Grill is a must for lunch. It’s the perfect little poolside restaurant.
We read some of the recent comments and we could not disagree more. Like the one written by Kailey16. I’m not sure where she stayed but it could not have been at the Magdalena! This place is truly second to none, and will be my new home away from home for future visits to Tobago!
Well done Magdalena Grand! See you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands