Everything you would need for a relaxing holiday. Great location, friendly staff, good food spacious comfortable rooms and hot weather. Even the continuous wind was OK. Views from the rooms and hotel just like you see in the brochures. The fault with the hotel was the slow food and bad drinks service. It was a very quiet time in the hotel with only about a dozen tables at some sittimg, but it still took anything up to 30 minuites to get a meal and a drink. On one occasion we had started our main course before the first drink arrived!!
SHAME about the golf course. 18 great holes of great golf, some wonderful views over the water, need your thinking cap on for this course. Spoilt by the attitude of the pro shop staff, if you could find them. The course needed a lot of work done on it. The green staff were to be found asleep on their tractors or lounging in the trailers under the palm trees and on one occasion sitting watching a portable TV. We had booked 7 rounds of golf each and only managed to play all 18 holes once. The rest of the rounds some greens were unplayable as the watering system had been left on and the greens and approaches were flooded. We were unable to play a total of 25 greens over our 7 rounds of golf. We mentioned it to the staff on the first day it happened and they promised to notify the green staff manager. Obviously it had no effect!! The only day we putted out on all 18 greens the poorly mantained buggy blew a tyre (no tread on any tyre), and we had to wait 20 mins until two locals, who were playing behind us, to come along. They tryed to get someone from the clubhouse but no one answered the phone. They kindly gave us one of their buggies to conyinue playing. We did tell the hotel staff who said they would note it and tell the course manager.
Despite the problems with the golf I would recommend the hotel, but warn them of the slow service, and even tell golfers to try it out, but warn them of the shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands