This is supposedly the best hotel on the island and is rated 4 star plus but I'm afraid I have to disagree. Some things about this stay were very pleasant but others let it down and whilst they didn't spoil the holiday they were enough to put us off the island in future. This hotel could quite easily regain its grade if improvements were made to the general attitude of staff from management down. A few of them shone (particularly Valerie, Hans,Saniccia and Robyn) but the majority don't seem to realise that the guests are paying their wages and they should at least appear to be interested in providing a service. I tried to get a meeting with the manager, Vince (--), but after a week of waiting it didn't materialise and I presumed he was no better than the rest .Beware - they tell you very little - you are supposed to find things out for yourself. One of the females on the concierge guest shouldn't be in that job she is so poor. Beware - on Wednesdays the only options for dining are room service or a "grand buffet" which was inferior to the normal buffet and not worth the money. On this evening both the other restaurants are closed. I have to say that breakfasts were very good but the Salaka restaurant in the evening is no better than a cafe and expensive and the gourmet restaurant Kalina is very pleasant but not worth paying extra for.Fortunately we were on B&B so could escape on several evenings to eat out and even after a £20 return taxi fare it was still cheaper and better. Take a tip - go B&B. Each day there was a leaflet describing activities the following day but usually no one knew even late the previous evening what was on nor at what time - often they didn't take place anyway due to lack of support. Caribbean hotels are quite expensive at this time of year, which we expect, but we would like to come away feeling it was money well spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands