A high quality, not quite luxurious hotel, comfortable, clean, with friendly staff, stunning coastline and great food. Good value and well worth a visit. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, spacious with lovely ocean view. Enjoyed the jacuzzi after a day by the pool. No need to bring too many toiletries as these are replaced daily (shower gel, shampoo, hair conditioner, soap & body lotion) so helps with the luggage allowance. We stayed all inclusive & thought it was worth it as drinks & food are comparable to UK prices.We ate in the Pembois buffet & could not fault it; good variety & high quality. Staff are all good, sociable & helpful but a fraction slower than you might expect - I'd say chill, this is Caribbean tempo.
We are scuba divers so took our kit along having read this was a PADI 5 star resort. I might not bother with the diving if I went back and stayed here again. The Caribbean & South of the island was largely un diveable due to high winds this time of year - can't be helped (though we managed to dive the Maverick & Dutchmans reef, both enjoyable dives.) Speyside diving is about a 90 minute drive away so makes for a long day for a couple of dives (average Caribbean type diving). Diving is organised through World of Watersports who weren't really great. At Speyside they were insistent everyone dived in a group due to strong currents & they wanted to limit dives to 40 mins only! The DM shot off like a rocket (no good for photographers) & the reality was on the sites we dived the currents weren't particularly strong compared to elsewhere in the world, The dive centre could not cater for a range of abilities, they marshalled the dive as if all were raw beginners & very few divers were properly equipped for drift diving with only the DM & us with DSMBs. No oxygen, first aid kit, GPS or radios on the boats either. There is a chamber on the island. We thought it was worth getting wet to have a look but not worth a daily 3 hour round trip in a car to do more.So we chose to chill around the hotel & really enjoyed that instead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and Cancelon so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands