We visited earlier this month and the weather, despite it being the rainy season, was fantastic. The hotel was only a portion accomodated as a result but the staff were all still attentive and professional. We'd opted for the all inclusive option, which was a good decision, as not only was the food outstanding but their were no other restaurants close by, it would have necessitated a taxi ride or a very long walk!! Unusually the lunch was a la carte and the dinner's were buffet style rather than the other way around. The buffets were first class with plently of choice and variety of meat and fish dishes, together with a pasta station and a vegetarian option. Most dishes had a caribbean slant to them, which in my opinion enhanced the experience. All hot dishes were regularly topped up and as a result the temperature and quality was always excellent. The all inclusive option included 2 dinners at the al a carte restaurant on site, the menu here was very comprehensive, and the food and service here was excellent. The accomodation was also excellent with very comfy beds and a balcony with a table and 2 chairs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with great views of the sunrise. The grounds are very extensive, including a golf course, though as non-golfers we didn't utilise this facility. The pool area was very clean, the water was a perfect temperature and the pool bar was fully utilised!! Special mentions to the following staff, David and Helen and, most impressively for his puzzlers with matchsticks, Shellon, in the a la carte restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands