“Great experience”

Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lowlands
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My stay at this hotel was so amazing I must say the staff was very affable and the food Very tasty their chefs do a really great job, the accommodation is very Warm the only down side is that I wished they had an open jacuzzi for everyone to use. I appreciate that this hotel is also child friendly and has lots of fun activities I would definately return to this amazing place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chrissachin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,474)

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The staff were soo friendly and the food always splendid. Big shout out to the sou chef Neil!

Room Tip: If you like the sound of the ocean a ground floor suit is great but if you want to leave the shutter...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lex F
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here on our honeymoon a few weeks ago still waiting for our security deposit back of £220GBP and we are due a full refund as paid cash for everything , been about 3 weeks now there is no issues as they know we dont owe anything just dragging their heels refunding it as was meant to be automatic but obviously was not done , a lovely hotel , very lovely staff who cannot do enough for you . BUT not exactly suitable for a young family there is nowhere to go in the evenings other than the Buffet if you have a young family , they do offer babysitting but this is not something I would ever consider , with a young baby , so on our honeymoon we spent every evening in our room watching TV with our baby daughter. This was booked with virgin as a family location for our honeymoon , and we had other issues about the holiday which on the face of it was mis sold but this was nothing to do with the hotel was down to virgin holidays. There is apparently a kids club but as it was so quiet while there we didnt see evidence of this as our baby was too young anyway. After the issue was raised we were then allowed to spend early evenings in the bar if the baby was good , but these are adult only areas (both lounge area and bar) so we obviously felt uncomfortable with this . I would although stay there again as the people were lovely and the food good ! We just had to cram in loads of wonderful day trips to knacker us out during the days so we didnt feel like doing anything in the evenings which made our holiday the most expensive we have ever been on blown our house deposit , but resulted in a good time . Nothing special laid on for the honeymoon bit and no upgrades offered, but 10/10 for friendly staff and food. Love the Island and would definatley go back having never been to this part of the world before.

Room Tip: all delux ocean front or double double, we were sold this as an upgrade but this is standard ! Only...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MCHudson12
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and i stayed at the Hotel in early June 2012 on HB. Room on 3rd floor was excellent with large balcony and lovely views. Food was excellent. The estate around the hotel is secure and great for a walk. The beach walks are great as you rarely see another guest!
Free bus to Caribean side takes 15 minutes and is well worth the trip. Staff at the Hotel were generally very helpful and Saniccia on Concierge was brilliant.
Chill and you will love it here!

Room Tip: 3rd floorclose to reception was excellent. We had the Prime Minister 2 doors away!
3  Thank Martyn O
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I can start by saying I am very picky and somewhat of a germophobe. I was truly pleased to announce no negative comments regarding cleanliness at the Magdalena Grand Resort. I always inspect the bed and bathroom especially, and could find nothing that "grossed me out." Each room had its own balcony and sea view, which was a great addition to the room, but mainly for those who stay on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

When I got to my room, I noticed two double beds, but I requested a king bed. I waited almost 3 hours for a room change, a situation which I tried really hard not to let dampen my spirits and ruin the start to my vacation. When finally relocated to my new room on the third floor (the first room was on the second floor). The bed was clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms had both a shower and a tub.

At the breakfast buffet, contrary to comments by other reviewers, I did not experience any bad service. In fact, I found the staff there very attentive and helpful.

The pool is nice and it being so close to the ocean is calming and relaxing. Unfortunately, sea bathing is not recommended there, so for those who want the sun, sea and sand experience will have to take a drive to get to the nearest beach.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and I will definitely return.

1  Thank KellyChang
Reviewed June 23, 2012

i spend my honemoon in tobago, but unfortunately it wasn't Magdalena Grand; but i could tell you that this place is awesome, My husband and I was fortunate to be toured around this fabulous four star hotel.......awwwwwesome, we dined at Pembois buffet restaurant.....OMG it was great.......We difinitely would be going back there for some cozy time...... awwwwwwwesome!!!

Room Tip: "the suites are fabulous"
1  Thank chocolate30_12
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The Magdalena is anything but grand...claims to be fully renovated but is far from...tubs in the rooms dirty and floors are covered with some sort off sticky product housekeeping uses to clean making it uncomfortable to walk barefooted in room.
The restaurants are good. The food was good. Only positive thing I have to say about them.
We were overcharged for our stay and when alerted the front desk staff they were anything but helpful! As soon as they were questioned their attitudes became SOUR! I had to go asking for the General Manager 4 times!!! in one day before I could speak with him! After all that the problem was not fully rectified and they made a feeble offer to appease me.
As an experienced traveller I have NEVER had such terrible customer service from any hotel staff anywhere else in the world! Next time my money will surely be spent elsewhere!
TWO STAR MAGDALENA....POOR POOR POOR!!!

3  Thank Thalia R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowlands
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!