I visited the Magdalena Grand for an overnight trip spending just 2 days there. It was 4 of us in total, 2 couples booked in 2 rooms. The breakfast was nice and outdoor staff friendly.
Here's where my grudge begins.
(1) Wet Floors
The hotel is located on the Atlantic facing side, so there are signs on the door which warn about leaving the sliding door to the balcony open, while the AC is on in the room, since this may cause condensation. Fair enough. We adhered to the signs, but even with the AC off, the floor was unbearably slippery, condensation forming at every opportunity.
(2) In Room Waterfall
While in the room, the ceiling began to pour water, not leak, pour. Luckily, on opening the door there was a cleaning lady who called the front desk from our room to have someone come up and fix it. Our bags, etc got wet. On checking with the front desk 30 minutes later, the attendant there said she didn’t know anything about it, there was no note on the room, but they’d get it fixed.
(3) Wrong Credit Card Charges
Now that I’m back looking at my credit card bill, I noticed a large charge from the hotel. I called the front desk who informed me the charge was from dinner at 6:30 on the evening we checked out. The only problem was that we checked out of the hotel at 5:50 and left and did not have dinner. After calling the hotel a couple more times (they kept promising to get back to me) they did eventually call back 2 days later (and only after I’d called them again that morning) and apologize saying a staff member had wrongfully charged my room.
I like the location of the hotel and it’s nice etc. But there customer service is the worst. After hearing these multiple complaints all I got was a ‘oh we are so sorry’. I think that’s ridiculous, given my short stay and the number of things that went wrong. I paid full price for a room that clearly still needed some plumbing work and my woes continued after leaving the hotel. Never had this problem at Coco Reef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands