Lovely hotel, well-trained and courteous staff, delicious breakfast with a wide variety to choose from...clean and modern rooms...
The hotel is lovely and I would rate it between a 3 and 4 star. On arrival we were presented with welcome drinks (fruit punch) which was a nice touch for a local hotel. Only setback at check-in was that on making the booking, no mention was made of an 'incidental fee' that needed to be paid in advance, and this was requested on check-in. We felt that this should have been communicated prior to our arrival.
As indicated the rooms are modern and have all the necessary conveniences. One downside with the room we were in (ground floor) was that once the air condition was off, the floor became wet. On enquiring about this we were told that it was actually salt on the floor (from the air or from the sea 'blast' i.e. the rooms are close to the sea) that condenses and creates the moisture. The only way to prevent that was to keep the air condition on. I'm not really an a/c person so that wasn't so good for me but my partner is. We survived. :-). The bed was also not firm enough.
The staff were quite friendly and helpful especially the activities staff.
Breakfast: A wide variety of local foods to choose from. A smile from the chef preparing the omelette (not the best I've had) would have been a nice touch...
All in all a lovely place.
It's fairly new, the official opening actually took place when were there (May 2012) so hope the standard of service and the facilities is maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands