Whilst it looked good on paper we couldn't find many reviews because the hotel has recently been reopened. I am writing this review as we come to the end of a fabulous week.
We were all-inclusive and may have received thing that other package may not incude.
The hotel is lovely. Rooms very comfortable with free intenet access. Comfy beds, quiet with just the roar of the Atlantic in the background. We all slept well.
The main pool is lovely with a swim-up bar. There are two other pools but they were in the process of being opened during our visit. There is also a dive centre on site with a separate diver training pool.
The hotel is in the middle of a large landscaped park with a huge golf course, and lakes that you can see various wildlife in, including caymans.
Whilst the sea right outside the hotel is not recommended for bathing, there is a small beach area and a free shuttle bus into a nice safe bathing area a Pigeon point, but you have to pay a couple of dollars to spend the day there, plus another dollar or so for sunbed hire.
Other activities at the hotel include a gym, free cycle hire and walks. We found plenty to entertain us.
The hotel staff are very friendly and welcoming. We found this to be the case with all staff.
There are a few bars, including a pirate themed pub which was playing music a little bit too loud for us but was otherwise great, and a piano lounge.
There were three restaurant that we made use of, a poolside snack bar for lunch, a buffet restaurant for all meals and an a-la-carte restaurant. We always enjoyed the food.
All in all, this was a fabulous experience from all of my family, and we hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands