“Best dive shop”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best dive shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Sean and crew were awesome there boat was nice and roomy and very experienced dive masters. Drying room was large and roomy and gear was safe. The only thing I did not like was the trip was over before we knew it. Oh great night diving too!

Visited April 2014

Black Rock, Tobago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great diving outfit & great dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've been diving in Tobago since 2007, with over 20 Speyside  dives, but this was the first time I've dived with Tobago Dive Experience / Sean Robinson (Instructor), Tooly (Instructor) and Fedor (Dive Master).
Speyside is world reknown for its beautiful dive sites accommodating beginners as well as truly seasoned/professional divers. I particularly enjoy the drift dives, healthy reefs & sealife.
Tobago Dive Experience have a very well equipped vessel which facilitates donning of gear, reentry and change over of tanks. Sean's briefing was both clear and safety focused, the captain was local and very knowledgeable.
As for the dive itself? ... well, imagine a dream dive - beautiful top side, not too choppy surface, excellent vis and wonderful drift! I've been to both of these sites previously and after two 45min (average) dive came up smiling like a clown... just amazing. Obviously, the dive center has no bearing on the conditions of the water, visibility, reef and sea life, however a well organised team, clear communication and decent gear make the difference between chaotic/stressful and relaxed/beautiful dive experiences. I'll definitely dive with Tobago Dive Experience again and seriously considering it for the DM course.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank 862Krish
Leduc, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Diving with Tobago Dive Experience & Manta Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife & I just returned from a week (Feb. 10 - 14th inclusive) of diving with the Tobago Dive Experience crew at the Manta Lodge in Speyside, Tobago. I've dived in many parts of the world with a great many dive operators. Sean & Kathleen, wonderful people who operate likely the most professional customer oriented diving service I have ever come across. The Dive Crew including Tooly (I can't say enough about this guy. He is an incredibly attentive / masterful Dive Master & tour guide. He knows the area both land and water like no one you can imagine. He truly enjoys meeting people and is a very accomplished host/ambassador to the dive company and Tobago in general. Simply a lovable guy.), Nickolas (Transport Driver & Boat attendant who is always happy, loves to interact with people and I think he truly enjoys his life and what he does. Just don't ask him to get in the water. LOL! Chances are, on your trip to or from Speyside, (In his blue rattley van, somewhat uncomfortable but you're in Tobago. Go with the experience and enjoy it, a highly interesting trip in itself. Bring your GO PRO and window mount to video the trip. You won't regret it.) you'll meet his mother, father, 2 sisters, & brother. A beautiful family. Make sure you say Hi to his Dad. Dad will question if you don't. LOL! ... Nickolas is a lucky guy.), Fedor (Dive Master & Boat Attendant who is eager to please and have fun with people. He's a big massively strong & huggable puppy. A true pleasure to be around. Nice hair Dude!), Lapito (Boat Captain who kinda doesn't smile much and the rest of the boys continuously hassle him for it. Completely all in fun. It's hilarious, but he is engaged to a beautiful young lady. She is a lucky woman. Lapito is a caring remarkable guy. Just don't tell him I said that ... Just kidding.), Motley (Dive Master/Instructor we spent very little time with, to our regret, as he was busy with students. I wish we were able to spend more time with. We were able to spend some time with him when we all went out one night to Illusions. I'm glad we got to do that. A great guy.) .... I was able to do 15 dives in that 5 days with this incredible Dive Team. My wife did 5 dives. She is not really a new diver but she doesn't have a lot of dives so she needed a little attention and this crew was able to make her completely comfortable in the water. My wife and I are among the fortunate people on Earth who have spent time with this group. The diving was amazing (although I never got to see my Manta Ray or Hammerhead) with at least 100'+ visibility on every dive except the Wreck (Wrong Turn) which was around 50-60' with quite a bit of silt but still a great dive. We stayed at the Magdalena Beach Resort in Scarborough where Tobago Dive Experience has a satellite Dive Shop. If not for this Dive Shop we would not have met all these wonderful people. Although we didn't stay at the Manta Lodge, we spent quite a bit of time with some of the staff Carissa and Julia in particular. Wonderful ladies and more than helpful. Not to mention Kathleen herself who made us completely at home at their resort. She is nothing less than an utter Sweetheart and caring host. She and Sean are engaged and we truly wish them all the best in their future. Sean has no end of interesting stories. Very entertaining. They have a great deal to grateful for. The Manta Lodge is quaint, clean, and rather rustic with incredibly great food. I really can't say enough about Tobago Dive Experience, their Dive Team, and their customer service. We were truly sorry to see this vacation come to an end and it was truly an emotional good-by to all of them. I hope we will be able to go back before too long. If you decide to go there you won't regret it at all. You will also be among the fortunate few to spend time diving in a great spot with incredible people. If after you go, you don't feel that way? ... You are the problem, no one else. You are likely one of these people that no matter where you are you are a complainer and nothing can make you happy anyway. Stay at home and quite putting stupid reviews in Trip Advisor!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Brady V
Oslo, Norway
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Step it up, guys!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Hearing great things about the diving trips from here. They also offer snorkelling (USD35/person) so we tried that. Unfortunately it was a day with no good visibility (allegedly due to weather from Venezuela) but they still took us out. I would have suggested to cancel the trip.
Usually the waters here are crystal clear blue, we could barely see our own feet.
We went out in a dive boat. It was not suitable for snorkelling with young people. No ladder to get up.
We were told we'd be taken to two spots. Eventually we were after asking about it, but it felt kind of uncomfortable and not a welcoming question to pose.
Stepping up your efforts would give everybody a bonus, guys; nobody is to blame for bad waters but a non-chalant attitude goes nowhere. Just having a guy pointing out what to see, or look for, would improve the service big time. We're not asking you to be in the waters with us, or waiting to have your lunch to after our trip, but we don't mind being looked after. Adding a ladder to get up should be easy to fix. Keeping what we were promised when buying the trip, without having us to ask for it, should be a no-brainer.
If you only prefer divers, do not offer or sell snorkelling trips.

Visited September 2013