“Not taking care of the reef”

Extra Divers Tobago, Speyside
Minneapolis, Minnesota
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Not taking care of the reef”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

The instructor was competent and knowledgable about diving but I watched her kick soft coral 3 times and we were never told to respect the reef by not touching anything. Reefs are so fragile and precious and so easily damaged. I gave an average rating giving her the benefit of the doubt that she just had a bad day and is usually more respectful.

Visited January 2014

Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
“Some good stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've been in the water diving in 13 different countries. The Speyside coral and sponge collection might be some of the best. The gang at the Extra Divers shop did a fine job to keep a fellow's business. They weren't pushy in lining up dives, and had a flexible boat attitude that was safe and efficient. Even the Ford truck helped out as best it could. I'll tell my friends up in Guatemala and see if we can't all come back for more.

Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Good people, Good dive shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been on several dive trips to the Speyside end of Tobago and this my preferred dive shop and guides. I have always found the couple who run the place, Adrian and Tanja, to be invariably friendly and helpful even when I wasn't staying at the hotel where they are located. I believe they are Swiss and their English and German are both excellent.

Of the shops I've tried, they have the newest equipment and one of the better boats. At this point, this is my dive shop of choice in speyside.

One note. They do use European style equipment rather than the American but they will cheerfully help you work through the minor differences.

Visited May 2013