We were sent here at the end of a 10 day birding trip of T&T. The accommodations were nice, very clean, looks like recently updated. Property is gated which makes it feel safe. They are on the verge of something great but missed the mark huge due to SERVICE and lack of it. From front desk to wait staff to grounds to security, no one was nice. Period. The only exception was a young girl that served us dinner one night whom we rewarded with a nice tip - I didn't tip a single person other than that because the service was so cold. We had to dig for info, ask for everything, never got a smile, got more than one annoyed glance for asking simple questions. I agree with a previous reviewer that they do NOTHING to help you enjoy the place. There is a small village walking distance away but hard to tell if it is safe to go or not. We were here for two nights. Spent one afternoon on the beach and the other day we did the Little Tobago hike and snorkeling trip (short and sweet, snorkeling is pretty blah). The food at breakfast and lunch was mediocre but the dinner was actually really really good, couple things to choose from - the dinner chef is obviously the highlight of the place. The mixed drinks were good if you can get one. As I found throughout T&T, the service is poor. No one smiles, and not even the bartender will make eye contact with you. They do appear to be putting money in the place as the grounds were being worked on and some of the rooms looked newer than ours but until they fix service it will all be for naught as I would not recommend traveling all this way for a beach when their are beach resorts closer to the airport that would be at least as good and on the caribbean side. We were also a bit unlucky in that a full moon was approaching so the bay was filled with jellyfish. You almost don't notice them and they are absolutely not the stinging kind, but they are still there so when you try to snorkel off the beach it was a bit creepy and I couldn't do it. No jellyfish on snorkel trip so that was a plus. They go away after the full moon from what I hear. Sorry Blue Waters, I would not come back. You have no competition so you may not feel service is important, but I would bet you get very few return guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With just 38 guest rooms and bungalows, Blue Waters Inn sits in 42 acres of tropical gardens directly on the beach at Batteaux Bay, Speyside, Tobago. Getting to us takes approximately 85 minutes from the airport. Speyside is super relaxed with quick access to the Main Ridge rainforest and the key underwater sites of the island. Twitchers and divers / snorkellers are very well catered for and the hotel is perfect for those wishing to simply switch off and enjoy the hotels tranquil location. The beach shelves gently and is considered safe for bathing. Lay by the pool or in the open air jacuzzi and admire the view across Batteaux Bay towards Bird Island and Little Tobago in the near distance. Learn to dive at our 5 star PADI dive centre complete with 2 Newton dive boats or explore the rainforest with one of the local guides. All our rooms are air-conditioned and face the sea. Most offer fabulous sea views and are only a few steps from the sand. The One and Two Bungalows are bigger and offer either one or two bedrooms. These are located a few steps from the beach have a patio. Deluxe Oceanview Studios are also very spacious and have an open plan kitchen / living room. Inter-connecting rooms are available for families needing more space. The fabulous Driftdeck offers dining alfresco with views straight out across the bay whilst the more elegant "Aqua" offers fine cuisine two or more nights per week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Waters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Hotel Northeast Coast
- Blue Waters Inn Tobago/Speyside