Blue Waters Inn is a little piece of tropical heaven in the quieter northern side of the island. Our room was a ground floor with terrace about 50 feet from the beach. It is a great walking and sunning beach. The staff was courteous and helpful esp. The decor is fresh and blue. No phones in the room. No alarm clocks. Near to rainforests and great beaches like Parlatuvier and Englishman's Bay and Castara. The rainforest and Little Tobago (brain coral and seabirds) are at your doorstep.
It is about a two hour drive from the airport best done in daylight to see all the stunning views and hairpin turns with a new beach at every turn. The hotel will arrange a shuttle for you and simply add it to your bill.
This part of the island gives the traveller a taste of the real Caribbean - before the advent of big four star hotels and non stop action. Come here for nature and to nurture your soul.
Do go for a hike up the Argyle River and take a refreshing dip in Argyle Waterfalls.
Do go into town and eat at the local restaurants esp. Jemma's with its shutters open to sea breezes and its 200 year old almond tree and do savour the fresh shrimp and lobster and breadfruit pie and ginger beer.
Spend a day with Simon touring towns and secluded beaches. He is a gentleman and naturalist and so informative and ready to fashion the tour to suit you (Simon McLetchie Tours-www.tobago-adventure.com)
Highly recommed this hotel and this area of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With just 38 guest rooms and bungalows, Blue Waters Inn sits in 42 acres of tropical gardens directly on the beach at Batteaux Bay, Speyside, Tobago. Getting to us takes approximately 85 minutes from the airport. Speyside is super relaxed with quick access to the Main Ridge rainforest and the key underwater sites of the island. Twitchers and divers / snorkellers are very well catered for and the hotel is perfect for those wishing to simply switch off and enjoy the hotels tranquil location. The beach shelves gently and is considered safe for bathing. Lay by the pool or in the open air jacuzzi and admire the view across Batteaux Bay towards Bird Island and Little Tobago in the near distance. Learn to dive at our 5 star PADI dive centre complete with 2 Newton dive boats or explore the rainforest with one of the local guides. All our rooms are air-conditioned and face the sea. Most offer fabulous sea views and are only a few steps from the sand. The One and Two Bungalows are bigger and offer either one or two bedrooms. These are located a few steps from the beach have a patio. Deluxe Oceanview Studios are also very spacious and have an open plan kitchen / living room. Inter-connecting rooms are available for families needing more space. The fabulous Driftdeck offers dining alfresco with views straight out across the bay whilst the more elegant "Aqua" offers fine cuisine two or more nights per week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Blue Waters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Hotel Northeast Coast
- Blue Waters Inn Tobago/Speyside