“My first trip to tobago”

Footprints Eco Resort
Tobago
“My first trip to tobago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

this is an amazing place gr8 staff service and food couldn tbe better if u r lookin for place thats really beautiful and serene this is the place to stay i went for 3 days in 2010 and im goin back to visit in august 2013. I would recommend this place to anyone who would love to bring their family to enjoy the fun an sun and to sit back and relax to a beautiful scenery of the beach.

Room Tip: i would select the king of the woods to visitors if its a big family because of the spaciousness and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nelly r

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chaguanas, Caroni, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our stay at the resort could not come at a better time ( Friday 12- Sunday 14th October ,2012 ) I was looking for a resort that dealt with the environment and with nature, that offers the peace and tranquil for me and for my significant other . I look and I saw the Footprints Eco Resort and I told my self this is the best birthday gift I could give him. My boyfriend was blown away from the time we entered the compound , the peace and the stillness of the atmosphere, our villa was spectacular, has rustic it was it added a touch of home, we could not want anything better. Well the food ahhhhh so beautifully done by the chef , from the Friday night up to the day we left which was the Sunday our food was well seasoned and well prepared by Mrs Mia who was the chef. Mr. Ali assisted us in all ways possible .Time stood still there and we enjoy our stay I would recommend this resort to anyone that is looking for peace and tranquil , for the nature lover you will be in your glee and guess what the prices are so reasonable I was blown away by all that was offered for that price. I would be back and when I do I hope it would be along with my bf and with the sound of little pitter patter of feet :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Diana Dee Dee B
Tobago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our two day stay at Footprints, was exactly what we needed ... peace and quiet, no hustle and bustle.

We stayed in King of the Woods villa, as most people have said in their reviews don't expect 5 star accommodation. We were satisfied, but the whole place needs a little tender loving care. The bathrooms need a complete refurb, showers didn't work properly and the shower curtains are disgusting and way to long, so sit in the bottom of the bath. The kitchens were well fitted, but the sides of the fridge were full of black mildew ... attention to detail is required. Bins in the kitchen need lids on, and tee-towels need to be supplied.

The staff are very friendly and as we were the only guests staying, we had dinner both nights delivered to our villa.

Our two small boys enjoyed the pool with jaccuzi, but again a little cleaning and updating of the pool is needed.

We were a little wary of the lack of security, and the front door wasn't that secure - again a little attention is needed here.

All in all we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Felicia_Emma
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Don't expect the ritz carlton.

It is an eco resort and tucked away in a nature reserve.

If you want peace and quiet, away from everything, this is for you.

I stayed in a nice self contained cabin overlooking the ocean 10 years ago for my honeymoon and recently returned for my anniversary

private pool and jacuzzi

food is great

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank WestIndian4ever
caribbean
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at footprints for 3 nights, it was so peaceful and very nature oriented. I stayed at the tobago monarch villa which had its own private pool and jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. The sunsets were amazing!!! If you're not a nature lover you may not enjoy it as much, but i'd definitely recommend this place to everyone....a great escape indeed!!!

Room Tip: The Tobago Monarch has it's own private pool and jacuzzi
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelbee811
Francestown, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

We have been coming to footprints for 10 years,Its a very special place. Not for everyone but very safe and Beautiful we stay at the Monarch with a private pool the people in the village are the nicest people you will ever meet, I am now a Godmother to one little boy from the village, very cultural experience. Beautiful snorkaling the best I have seen. Tell the owner's you would like to walk to the village and meet the local people they will tell you the way. Always something to do or just relax in a outside swing Bed so peaceful, swinging outdoors We have gone with Adults and Then we took the children know we can not go with out them they love it. Highly recommend this vacation. The Kazanovicz

Room Tip: The Monarch its a private Villa
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank kaz047
San Fernando, Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I planned a surprise vacation for my boyfriend and I to visit Footprints. I booked the Sweetheart package at Villa Monarch over the weekend.
The website was so promising I could barely wait to hike and kayak and just have some alone time in this green setting.
The villa was unbelievably romantic and private with its own pool and jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. Our wooden deck was fitted with a swinging chair which we spent our mornings in just watching the sunrise. We were surrounded by trees and within that short stay spotted heron, tree frogs, squirrels, cocoricos (Tobago's native bird), and butterflies.
We were treated to beautiful dinners by their excellent Chef Cheryl-Ann one at the cocoa house restaurant and one at our room by candle light.
The walk down to the bay was a beautiful short stroll through the various trees, plants and flowers. The bay was gorgeous and from the lookout you can see the many schools of fish it shelters. Excellent for light snorkeling and kayaking.
The hotel also booked us a romantic sunset sailing off Pigeon Point with return transfers.
The staff were friendly and excellent in their dealings. The trip is absolutely worth every cent and I would recommend nature lovers and couples. I am already planning to visit again!

Room Tip: The Villa Monarch I find convenient with pool and jacuzzi right outside, no distraction, no neighbou...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine
Naturalist Beach Resort
Naturalist Beach Resort
#2 of 11 in Castara

Been to Footprints Eco Resort? Share your experiences!