“Blue Haven rudeness”

Blue Haven Hotel
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Blue Haven rudeness”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My friend and I went to Tobago on a day trip and decided to have drinks at the Blue Haven hotel and a swim at the public beach beside it. We should have guessed something was wrong when there were no guests in sight and the place looked almost abandoned, however we were there already and just decided to support the barley stocked bar as the two staff members ..also the only two people in the bar ...seemed welcoming enough. As I proceeded to ask about drink menus and their suggestions it became more apparent that neither of these gentlemen were bartenders and really had no clue about mixology and worse they hardly had any stock to work with, so I settled after 20 mins for the basic caribbean rum punch which I personally had to instruct them how to make. The optimist in me decided to find humor in this and have fun at the beach anyways, so on one of my trips back to the bar which btw is upstairs from the beach and near the pool; one of the owners Marilyn Plist came in, seeing potential in the hotel I smiled warmly and decided to engage her in conversation to suggest ways in which they could attract guests as I had a group of friends arriving the coming weekend who would be looking to book rooms, but before I could even tell her this she rudely dismissed the me and proceeded to tell me about my "inappropriate" attire which by the way was a modest bikini...completely flabbergasted I decided to look around for dress code signs, of which there were none. It's not as if I walked into a grand dining room in my swimsuit, this bar was very close to the water areas. I decided to leave shortly after this exchange and on my way out I spotted the offending woman and very civilly told her that I was very offended by the way she spoke to me a customer and instead of apologizing she continued by inviting my friend and I to leave. I have never before experienced such rudeness from anyone else anywhere in the many places I have traveled. No wonder the place was so dead.

3 Thank Marsha-Gaye G

Been to Blue Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!