“Quiet, lovely beach”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Quiet, lovely beach”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Bacolet is one of the beaches that we favour when we visit Tobago. Although it is quite hard to find as you need a car and then need to lug your stuff down the steps. Once you get down onto the beach, you will find a small, quiet beach that you can often have almost to yourself. What makes this beach so ideal to those of us who are hard to please is that the gradient into the water is very shallow, so no suprises and it is usually very clear in summer. The waves vary between very calm to small swells that are perfect for beginner boogie boarders. Very occasionally you get a day when the seaweed washes in so abandon it and go elsewhere. There is a relaxed beach bar serving nice rotis, burgers, chips and fish meals; great for the kids. My other favourite aspect is the fact that there is grass and trees, so you don't have to sit on the sand, you can recline peacefully and still see your family frolicking in the waves within close distance. I have spent many happy days on this beach and highly recommend it. There is also a tap to wash off sand and a changing hut, but who needs to change?

Visited July 2013
1 Thank gacham

Wokingham
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Terrible Service and Badly Cooked Food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am amazed how anyone could think this establishment merits anything but a terrible review. This place should be called the Big Problem Beach Bar. We visited it (to my eternal regret) when there were no other customers but, despite there being at least 4 staff, no-one showed any great enthusiasm to serve us. When we did give the waitress our order she asked if we were from the Blue Haven Hotel. I wondered what the knowing look that she gave me was about. I think, on reflection, it was that she thought she didn't have to try too hard, as I subsequently found out the bar was part of the hotel. When the order came part of my husband's was missing and they had to cook up some chips quickly. I had ordered chicken and chips and I knew when I bit into the chicken something was wrong. It was rubbery and tasted very odd and, stupidly, I tried to eat it. Next day I was violently sick and in bed all day. The menu is limited but okay for a place like this but the prices are way over what they should be, probably because of the fact it has a monopoly on the beach. To add insult to injury, on top of the prices they add 10% service charge (what a joke) and 15% VAT.

The location at Bacolet Bay is very pretty but if you go there I suggest you confine yourself to ordering drinks. Even these are way overpriced. A cup of tea would cost you 18 Trinidad and Tobagan dollars while a soda was 12TTD. Add the service charge and VAT and you get charged way over twice the price of soda charged at most of the other places at which we at My advice is do not touch this place with a bargepole!!

Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“A Must Do - No problem beach bar!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just sit, in the shade, order really good food and beverages, and listen to the surf. The occasional bird wanders through to pose for photos......Heaven - absolutely Heaven - or at least a glimpse

Visited February 2013
Planet Earth
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“great all around choice”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

yes, great service does exist in Tobago. Albert is top shelf material and one of the reasons we returned for a second time. Thursday nights Steel Pan drummer was excellent. Different menu every night.

Visited November 2012
UK
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“great secluded spot”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

excellent spot. hardly used and so most days you will be the only ones there. the beach bar whilst not the cheapest is great. sundays the locals have a very "animated" game of football on the beach for an hour or so - well worth watching!

Visited May 2012