All reviews half moon blue bacolet beach club private beach fort king george havanna club large balcony four poster havana cafe hotel grounds rum punch penthouse fridge island tobago bay
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

My fiancé and I booked this hotel for stay in January 2019. First we were surprised as we were in the taxi at how far the place was from...well...anything. But ok, I was fine with just enjoying the hotel’s amenities. We get there and the place is so run down and dusty in the lobby, that my fiance’s First question to the receptionist was”what is your refund policy?” The place looks nothing like the photos on various sites. The pics are actually of their sister hotel across the street, as is the private beach. It was too early to check in, but they said we could leave the luggage and I could use the bathroom in the back of the lobby to change into more breathable clothing. I almost gagged when I walked in, and there was blood in the toilet. To make matters worse, it wouldn’t flush! At this point, I was thoroughly disgusted and pissed off. Thank god we had gotten the taxi driver’s card, so we promptly called him to come get us and he took us to a very clean and comfy guest house they had vacancies. (I highly recommend Yoland’s guest house in Store Bay btw.) When I complained to Expedia, they contacted the hotel who denied all my claims and refused to refund any of our payment. Lesson learnt! Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere closer to Crown point. As a matter of fact, do yourself a favor and stay ANYWHERE ELSE !!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank risa0929
Reviewed May 29, 2018

My family and I booked three rooms in Half Moon for a two night stay. On the 2nd night, we came home to no water. We could not shower or flush the toilet. A maintenance man came by and informed us that the water pump was broken. We had a horrible night. Upon check out, we requested a refund for the night. The receptionist who clearly was the owner informed us that she was "only a receptionist". We reached out to the hotel and they informed us that they have no record of complains from us, despite the fact that the maintenance man took a report from us.

Room tip: Room on the ground floor of the villas are better
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
11  Thank TerryCB232
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Lovely quaint room at the top of the original hotel.
Swimming pool directly underneath us.
Balcony overlooking the sea.
Great romantic,secluded place to recharge one's batteries after a day sight-seeing.
Food very good.

Room tip: If you want luxury go for a room in the new building. If you want secluded go i the original
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Quaint decor and rooms made for a delightful honeymoon stay. The staff was friendly as well as the service. Had a breakfast in bed for the first morning and it was full service with fruits followed by a full course meal. The buffet style breakfast the following morning had an excellent array of choices for vegetarianz as well as meat livers. The pool had a nice private atmosphere. The view of the room overlooking the beach was comfortable.and also very romantic.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 981ameeraa
Reviewed May 1, 2017

The location is nice and the staff are very friendly, but it could use a little updating for the price we paid (We stayed just after New Year's so I'm not sure if that's an expensive part of the season). The rooms are fine, the bed is comfy and the wifi is acceptable. I personally like the unpolished look as long as its clean, which it is. I especially liked the large private deck we had overlooking the ocean. The pool is okay but it is looking a little tired. The walk to town is about 15-20 minutes but be careful as the road is not very pedestrian friendly. The beach bar is nice and the beach, although small, is nice as well. Probably the nicest restaurant that we found is the one across the street but fair warning, it's not cheap. I would selectively recommend this to those that don't prefer the Hilton or Sandals type resorts.

Date of stay: January 2017