“Second time feels like the first” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bacolet Beach Club

Bacolet Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Bacolet Bay B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Second time feels like the first”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is our second stay at this beautiful boutique hotel and I must say it did not disappoint. My wife and I stayed for 5 days and it's definitely a little Caribbean gem. The staff were very friendly and really went the extra mile to make sure that our stay was as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. Coming from the hustle and bustle of London that's just what you need. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daryl B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed for a week and really enjoyed our stay there. We were upstairs and thought the room and view from the room was excellent with a nice balcony and although there were building works next door that didn't affect us at all. We thought the staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was cleaned very well. There was a good buffet selection for breakfast but we did tend to eat early and it was all very fresh. You do need to hire a car and this is not a place to visit for nightlife although Sunday School is worth visiting on Sunday night. Would definitely visit Tobago and stay at Bacolet Beach Club again.

Room Tip: Go for upstairs near the pool
2 Thank margandgraeme
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I would definitely recommend the Bacolet beach club, it reflects the laid back nature of the island & having only 20 rooms provides tranquillity and space which everyone would want on a Caribbean holiday.

The location is reasonably good. The private beach is perfect for seclusion and it overlooks a lovely bay. The hotel is at least 20mins from Scarborough and there are no bars, restaurant or supermarkets very nearby to the hotel. Scarborough is sleepy & everything closes down by 10pm so needs to taken into account.

The only gripes I had with the hotel were with the small things. The bar menu showed variety but in reality there was only 1-2 sandwiches (for example) available each day. The breakfast didn't vary massively day-to-day & food wasn't replenished after about 8.30 even though it opened to 9.30-10, therefore you have to get down earlish. This could be understandable given the size of the hotel(s). Customer service seemed to be a foreign concept to some of the staff & requests/questions felt somewhat of a distraction to some staff. Some of the fixtures in bathroom were detached from walls & potentially hazardous.

The hotel is very much value for money priding itself on tranquillity and seclusion. It isn't a 5* hotel & as long as you don't have that expectation before arriving you'll love it. I would definitely use Bacolet again if I returned to T&T.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andrew B
Beverly Hills, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently stayed at the Bacolet Beach Club hotel with my family during spring break. The hotel looks just like the photos posted online. It is a very small hotel with about 20 rooms with an amazing private beach down a flight of treacherous stairs (great work out going up and down those stairs). I would have given the hotel a 5 but upon arrival I was ever so annoyed because I booked two rooms at the Bacolet Beach Hotel but due to 'a system error in booking' aka overbooking, my family and I were split up - one room was at the Bacolet Beach Club and the other was at the Half Moon Blue hotel over the road. I was disappointed and frustrated to the point that I considered moving to another hotel. The manager repeatedly apologized and offered us a free meal at the Cafe Havana restaurant and also gave us cheaper rates at the Half Moon Hotel.

My husband and I decided to take the room at the Half Moon Blue Hotel. The room reminded me of a tree house- with simple but elegant decor and a lovely four poster bed. The view was amazing we could see all the way to Tobago Plantations. I would suggest some renovations in the bathroom and better lighting. The other room which we gave to my mother and sister at the Bacolet Beach Hotel was also elegant and had an amazing view of the ocean.

I would suggest that the hotel updates their booking system. Thou the Half Moon Blue was a generally nice hotel I would not recommend staying there. It is very frustration paying for one thing and getting something else. I do hope the next time I visit Tobago that I can actually get to stay at the hotel I booked.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Junior suite number. Great views!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kerlene B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have just returned from our trip to Tobago; what a lovely little island very unspoilt which we loved. At times we were the only people on the beach and although the facilities were limited, that was part of it's charm. If you want a beach with sunbeds then go to pigeon point but for a really quiet beach with a very nice place to eat then I would suggest Buccoo Beach. The hotel was really nice with all the facilities you need for a relaxed holiday. The food in the Havana restaurant was excellent as was the service at the hotel. Our room was really nice with a view out to sea. If you are looking for a friendly small hotel and a quiet relaxed Island then I would definitely recommend Tobago and the Bacolet Beach Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joan2222
Ketton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a great little hotel. The staff could not have been more friendly and there's everything you want on site.

The pool is small but lovely and although the steps to the beach are steep, once you get there... it's a quiet little haven. Shame there was not any snorkle gear to hire out so make sure you bring/buy your own as the little bay could be quite decent when it's not too rough.

It's a ten minute walk into Scarborough and to really explore the island you need a hire car anyway. The food is excellent although the evening menu is a tad limited and a tiny bit pricey.

We had a Junior Suite on the first floor and it was brilliant. Spacious and with all mod cons - cable TV, decent stereo. And the view of the bay was excellent.

The rooms and the grounds were always immaculate.

We had a B&B deal and the breakfast was superb. It varied day by day and there was always loads to choose from. The lunches were good too and more reasonable than the evening fare.

All in all - a little gem and I'd defo stay here agin!

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and get a first floor room - the view and the extra bit of space is worth it...
1 Thank Fazerace
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Bacolet Beach Club and were absolutely happy that we had choosen this hotel for our vacation. It's a beautiful hotel with nice, stylish and clean rooms, the view from the pool overlooking the sea is breath-taking and down at the private beach you can spend hours and hours relaxing and watching the waves and sipping a drink from the beach bar .... the staff is always friendly and helpful and we loved the food - miss my curry shrimp :) I can definetely recommend it and hope to be there again soon...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts

Been to Bacolet Beach Club? Share your experiences!