The Amazon Lodge B&B
Nirvana Bed and Breakfast(Tunapuna)(Great Value!)
$45
Willard's Bed and Breakfast(Tunapuna)(Great Value!)
$68
Inn Flight Suites(Piarco)
$75
$71
$193
Grand Diamond Trinidad(Piarco)(Great Value!)
$126
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
$79
  • Restaurant
$108
$104
All reviewsgreat cookgreat companygreat hostsfantastic staysix nightshosts peterus feel at homeyogurtasa wrightscarlet ibisplace to staycaroni swampoffer toursother guestssurrounded by treesrooms are spaciousdietary restrictions
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I spent 5 days at Amazon Lodge. The Hosts Peter and Louise were so wonderful. The accommodations were very clean and comfortable. There is a wonderful patio to sit and relax while enjoying the many different types of birds. The Food was so delicious. They were so accommodating in providing Vegetarian choices for me and even Almond milk. I chose to have Peter be my tour guide. Having lived in Trinidad for 30+ years he was really passionate about his "home". He has a wonderful way of educating you on all you could ever want to know about Trinidad. I found it really enjoyable. They provided lunch on the days of tours. I highly recommend. The location is so beautiful, at the top of the hillside overlooking the valley. Very safe.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
AmazonLodge, Manager at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thanks for the review, we certainly had a good time hosting you at the Amazon Lodge and hope you will return soon so we can share more laughs! Jack is recovering well after his operation, and missing the extra mommy he had while you were here :-) We are already at work improving our rooms - it is extremely valuable to have a friend who is happy to point out areas where we can improve our accommodations. Come back soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I spent a week at Amazon Lodge in Trinidad. I was met at the airport by Peter with a choice of drinks to welcome me to Trinidad. Throughout the week, both Peter and Louise went out of there way to look after you.

Louise was a very good cook. I really enjoyed the meals put before me.

They offer various tours to different parts of the island and in all cases, you were given plenty of time to wander around. Peter is very knowledgeable about the island and gave an interesting overview of the island.

Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Peter Q, Owner at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thanks for the great review. And thanks for teaching us so much about the wonderful world of birds. We will definitely be putting more Humming Bird Feeders out. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at the Amazon Lodge for two weeks, in July/August. It was a real delight to stay at the Lodge. Peter and Louise are wonderful hosts, who did their very best to make us feel at home.

The Amazon Lodge is located on a hillside, overlooking a valley, with beautiful tropical foliage surrounding it. It comes with all the appropriate amenities. The rooms are spacious, clean, and inviting. There was more than sufficient room to store our belongings. The Lodge provided my sister and me with all our meals. Louise is an excellent cook and is a wonderful host. She prepared some fantastic meals. My sister and I always looked forward to her creative delicacies. The conversations around the dinner table were very interesting and stimulating. Peter has a wealth of knowledge of Trinidad and the surrounding region. He was always available to advise us on tours and other activities of local interest. Peter has an extraordinary sense of humor. This added to the enjoyment of our stay.

I would definitely recommend Amazon Lodge to family and friends. It is a great place for either a long or a short stay.

Room Tip: The Manaus Room is large, spacious, and most comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
AmazonLodge, Manager at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

We appreciate all the lovely comments, thank you very much. Yes indeed, we also cherish fond memories of some wonderful conversations and debates around the dinner table! Please stop by whenever you find yourselves in Trinidad, if only to say hello over a cup of tea on the porch.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Enjoyed several days at the Amazon lodge with Peter and Louise.

From breakfast on the veranda watching the many birds waking up in the morning with us to the excursions around Trinidad enjoying the culture and vistas off the beaten track with Peter and Louise my stay at the Amazon lodge was the high point of my trip to Trinidad.

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken B
AmazonLodge, Manager at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thanks for the great review, and we really hope to see you later this year when you return to Trinidad. We enjoyed your free-spirited company and think back with fond memories of the many debates around the dinner table, not to mention a card game or two! Safe travels - Peter and Louise

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Peter and Louise, Thank you for opening up your home to both John and I. Our time with you definitely put the icing on our vacation, believe me we were in no hurry to leave Trinidad. Your love of the country and your amazing personalities made us feel very welcomed and right at home.

There were so many places we wanted to go in such a short space of time, but your vast knowledge helped us make our sightseeing choices perfect. We enjoyed our trips to the Temple of the Sea, Pt. Lisas, Lopinot Cocoa plantation, you pointing out various points of interest along the way and of course visiting with Thedore and his Hummingbirds. John loved the rum shop stops, learning local expressions, stopping and drinking Carib by the side of the road and being plied with rum and coke, you have definitely turned him into a true Trini and a friend for life. Thanks for being such a gracious host.

We ate all of our meals with Peter and Louise. Peter you are one lucky man that Louise can spoil you with her culinary abilites and us for the short time we spent with you. We were happy and very satsified after all our meals, including the picnic basket and out brown bagged breakfast while at the airport (Louise was up at 3am preparing breakfast on our day of departure). Louise, what wonderful hosptality you have shown us.

Our accommodation was very comfortable, beds and A/C was perfect. Hot water is available. We also had free use to the internet. Best of all, the view to the center of the island, garden, birds and ambience was very amazing. John and I enjoyed our vacation immensely but staying with you was at the top of our vacation highlights.

Peter, on a more serious note. Man, forget dis damn 3 months ting and make it permanent nah (lol). Peter and Louise, Well done!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LizAkit
Peter Q, Owner at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thanks for the great review. You were wonderful guests, a real pleasure to take out sightseeing. Louise especially enjoyed preparing those super meals for you and we both thoroughly enjoyed having you to stay. Hope your come again soon.