“Poor service, bare rooms, unsatisfying meals”

Salybia Nature Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Salybia
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed here with my husband and 2 teenage daughters for 2 nights. The surroundings are beautiful and relaxing but everything else is substandard without apology. The rooms lack basic amenities and are finished poorly. The staff are incapable of meeting even basic requests.. Couldn't get beach towels or bath towels. The safe in the room did not work and was told that none of the safes work and there is no hotel safe. The beds are soft and the linen worn.Half of the items on the menu are unavaialble and there is nowhere else to eat. The rates are high and you do not get value for money.The restaurant is understaffed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank vashtin

Reviewed October 27, 2008

Wonderfully and brilliantly put together. A lovely hideaway. This was a little paradise in the middle of true local Trinis. This a lovely getaway for anyone wanting to have a taste of the Carribean as it was and as Adam and Eve meant for it to be with all the mod cons. The staff were very friendly and check in was smooth. The food was anglonised using local ingredients. The ambience 1st class. The sea view was wonderful. The only draw back here was that the drive to the resort was on an almost single stretch meandering road. Though there was no entertainment on the grounds I still loved it as the peace, quiet and tranquility was worth it all. I would definetly stay here again but I might opt for driving up there in a 4 wheel drive SUV.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2008

Overall pleasant staff but desk personnel seem not to go out of their way to be accommodating, they just do the needful - maybe because we are locals??? Available meals were good, but not much variety. Clean rooms and surroundings. The available nature spots - trails, beaches, waterfalls etc. could have been advertised by the management. I simply adored the view, especially at sunrise since I am an early riser. Love the location...off the beaten path. Would definitely visit again!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2008

The property is beautiful and the food was great however since the bed is so uncomfortable we left after only one night!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2008

On arrival the grounds was spectular; the front desk attendants were efficient on checkin a little improvement in the bell service would be nice, when we went to our room the linen was clean -the room was very inviting; the highlight of this resort is the food-excellent fantastic in a nutshell well worth the money
the wait staff was pleasant and helplfull through out our stay. I would describe the place as truly a vision by its owners. I would describe my stay as truly an unforgetable experience.Keep up the vision

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I visited this hotel over the Easter Weekend 2008 as I could not leave Trinidad to visit Tobago which was my first choice destination.
As I entered the hotel the ambience was lovely and the exterior seemed to match the hype posted on the website (ultimate rustic elegance) that's where the fun ended.

The check in process was slower than normal because the credit machine was not working properly and kept redialing.
While waiting on that I had to wait further as the receptionist needed to respond to a text that she had just gotten while i was still standing there.
Then I had to wait on the porter to come get my bags.

On to the room.
The rooms were far from elegant and definitley basic .There was a mould colony growing on the walls and linens were dingy.

The Pool
The pool was in desperate need of a cleaning and was far from appealing. I could see stuff floating in the water (wrappers , etc)

The Dinner
This was the horror of all horrors the dinner was boufet style and the choices were turkey/ fish, Lentil peas, rice, mashed potatoes, salad.
Definitely the worst boufet I had ever seen, and it tasted as bad as it looked. I went to sleep hungry and it cost me 400 TT dollars for that meal.

Needles to say I wont be returning to this hotel, and to all visitors to Trinidad please dont go here, our twin island republic has many more beautiful places ,and if you do go here please dont judge us by this hotel, a short trip to toabgo would reveal what paradise really is.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nazim_mhmmd
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I have read all the commentary about this place however as luck would have it my job required me to be there for a retreat. I managed to steal away during a break to the SPA which i have to say is truuuly divine. EXCELLENT SERVICE. SCENERY: BLESSING TO THE EYE!. LUXURY SUITE: complete with jacuzzi and balcony facing the ocean.............. TO DIE FOR! IT IS DEFINITELY A MUST SEE FOR THOSE WHO JUST WANT TO GET AWAY DESTRESS AND RELAX! DOWNSIDE? not much activities apart from turtle sight seeing and the resort gymn.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank TriniLioness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salybia
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Salybia Nature Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!