Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$132
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$182
  • Breakfast included
$284
$250
  • Breakfast included
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
$260
$189
Mount Irvine Bay Resort(Mount Irvine)(Great Value!)
$128
$141
Hotels.com
$199
Hotels.com
All reviewsan ocean view roombig poollobby areaday passpoolshammockstrinidadhoneymoon
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

My Girlfriend and I recently stayed here to view the leather back turtles at the surrounding beaches. From a general point of view the accommodations lack certain amenities, and others are sub par.
The main door to enter and exit the room were not 100% secure and made of hollow ply wood. The door leading unto the room patio was unable to close completely without risk of the sliding door falling off its track.
The toilet is roughly 10ft left to right, 2.5ft - 3ft front to back. I'm medium build 6ft 2 I was unable to brush my teeth with my gf in the area with me. 1 person at a time.
The bed was beautiful and large and the AC was perfect. The staff are gems, always willing and accommodating.
The food was above average in most cases. But the buffet, was not buffet style as the food (though laid out) is being served for you in specific rations, regulated by a designated person.
Playa Del Este is definitely do-able but it was not correctly advertised, so your expectations vs reality vs cost was not feasable.

Regards,

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RyGrecia
Reviewed May 29, 2017

This was my first visit to this hotel and after paying a premium price for "all inclusive" I really felt robbed.

The meals were really poor, and only when we were there we realsied their meals were designed to be a one serving type set up. It was poor and imagine at breakfast..could not even get egg's or butter??? I had kids with me and my son ended up taking bake only...

Then at lunch, it was again poor and servings were small, it was as if they were giving me this for free after having paid a high price.
This hotel is most definitely overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2017

to start prices to high for the quality of service given and available to internet access limited.. prices on line different from over the the phone taking advantage of out of state visitors customer service the worse staff members rude rented room w what was supposed to be beach access became a maze of nothing but stairs and lot of accident waiting to happen due to uneven grounds n slipper floors there jacuzzi n sauna not working wouldnt recommend or visit this place again... bad experience

Room Tip: dont book here go next door theres looked nicer
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia E
Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend & I recently stayed at Playa del Este & it was wonderful. The staff is lovely as the food & ambience. Nowhere is perfect, touch ups are required which they are doing. Def a 2 thumbs up!!!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Diane M
Reviewed February 7, 2017

My husband and I only got the weekend for a honeymoon knowing we were limited on finances to travel so we decided on a local area in our country of Trinidad where we've never gone before and an all inclusive not including drinks unless your request it in you costing. Oh bring dvds as the entertainment is limited.
The ambiance of the resort was quiet given it was in the height of the christmas season and school exams was in progress for christmas break. We took an ocean-view room and it was so serene to sit on the balcony in the early mornings and late nights just enjoying the sound of the ocean and seeing the waves breaking on the shore.
The food was of local creole cuisines. Something we are already accustom too but I would've liked more of an option/variety.
The room was spacious although the bathroom were somewhat small for tall people but we adapted.
The big pool was so relaxing for us both. Just to sit under the waterfall and get that back massage was so wow. The other pool was just quiet and easy for me as I'm 5ft tall person to swim in.
Walking along the resort you will be so amazed at the view far reaching the ocean and so enjoyable to just sit and stare out.
Its a long drive in but when you get there it so worth the stay....go experience it and see for yourselves.

Room Tip: Ocean-view
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple