$163
  • Pool
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$132
Travelocity
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$182
  • Breakfast included
$301
$241
  • Breakfast included
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
$271
$189
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$86
Mount Irvine Bay Resort(Mount Irvine)(Great Value!)
$149
$106
Inn Flight Suites(Piarco)
$70
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 9, 2012

this was the best getaway i have had so far,,, the staff were very cordial and helpful... perfect for relaxation... and scenic views... i love it..have to go again,...

Room Tip: beach fronts are the best... you can hear the waves lashing against the shore... beautiful
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Playa del Este Resort:

POSITIVES:
Great location-quiet and peaceful
Scenic -the view of the beach and the coastline is absolutely beautiful
Grounds-The grounds is very well kept and clean with beautiful plants
Property-Spacious patios(a few overlooking the ocean)
Amenities:2 pools, 2 Jacuzzis,several hammocks overlooking the ocean,couches in patios(very relaxing)
Bedrooms/Bathrooms-Clean and tidy
Service-Great,warm friendly staff and accommodating manager(Pat Dillon)
Food-Rich Trini flavour
Dining/Bar area-Clean and well prepared & a complimentary drink upon arrival

NEGATIVES:
The pools need to be cleaned more often, since it can be windy and leaves and twigs from the trees get into the pools (the pools are a bit smaller than what you would expect).

The jacuzzis need to be cleaned more often -there were clumps of hair floating around in the bubbles.

Depending on the wind the beach may become a bit rough

I paid for buffet lunch, I would expect that I can eat as many times as I liked. This was not the case. I have been to this resort twice,and on both occasions I was annoyed.After I was served my one plate the staff was told that they can dish out their food. How UNPROFESSIONAL!!! I don't think its appropriate for the staff to be dishing out their plates in full view of the guests. And they finished all the food that was prepared. On both occasions I found that the staff was reluctant to give you more of a serving when you asked,because the serving size was small.
The first time this happened I thought its because there were not a lot of people at the resort. But the second time I took twenty something of my friends, and I was embarrassed since some complained of still being hungry while the staff ate the food that was apparently prepared for us!!!

Tip-Staff food should be dished out in the kitchen and not in full view of the guests.

I did have a great time even though I was left hungry!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank ProudTrini
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Needed to get away for Canival for relaxation and rejuvenation .. so I booked a 4 nights stay for my husband and I to enjoy this secret getaway.

Just as I was toId by relatives and friends of the great service and delicious foods, I wish to attest that their words aew true. I did not regret a moment of this vacation. The ambience very breathtaking and the staff was very friendly, polite and properly mannered. The service extended was excellent!!

The rooms were very clean, properly sanitized and the linens were lily white. The grounds were carefully manicured and clean. The pools were lovely .. the hammocks were enjoyable and the estate had alot to discover.

We were very impressed of the facilities provided with these affordable rates and we will consider Playa our vacation destination. Can't wait for you to open up "Lopinot" to enjoy that fascinating waterfall pool.

To the Management and staff of this fine Resort, keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: I had an Ocean View Room and it was just perfect!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Celia A
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went for the Carnival weekend 2012, arrived early.
The good - staff are very friendly, accommodating and courteous; meals are tasty and usually ample portions; rooms and dining areas are clean and grounds are well maintained; beautiful views and the estate is a joy to wander and discover. Overall the beach outside the resort is clean and beautiful, and bathing is great near the lifeguard's tower.
The bad:
1) Paid for a ocean view deluxe room, was given a small room with a full sized bed and a closet bathroom. Went to reception and requested a room with a queen sized bed. To our surprise, most rooms have full-sized beds. They gave us a slightly bigger room with a queen bed.
2) The advertised pools were tiny and dirty more like kiddie pools, we were appalled.
3) There were two Jacuzzi's advertised, one wasn't working and the other one was dirty.
4) Meal times fluctuate - be warned to always reach 1/2 hour before any meal, or risk getting scraps, despite paying for all meals.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Fullafooters
Reviewed December 24, 2011

It is awesome! Staff are nice and friendly.You should go experience fun,pure,exciting Paradise . :)

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with airconditioning they are bigger.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family