Korovou Eco Tour Resort
Paradise Cove Resort(Naukacuvu Island)
$232
$197
$224
$217
Orbitz.com
$236
$222
  • Pool
Oarsman's Bay Lodge(Nacula Island)
$118
  • Restaurant
Naqalia Lodge(Waya Lailai)
$101
$88
  • Beachfront
Viwa Island Resort(Yasawa Islands)
$435
$381
Priceline
$653
$594
  • Beachfront
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island(Tokoriki Island)
$638
$277
Sheraton.com
  • Beachfront
Tanoa Waterfront Hotel(Lautoka)(Great Value!)
$135
$107
Priceline
Botaira Resort(Naviti Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice place to stayisland hoppinga lovely stayfresh water poolbeautiful islandevery mealvillage visitlaid backthe yasawa flyercoconutsnorkeljtbondcommunity
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Just got back. Ok I haven't stayed at any other resorts on the Yasawa islands, but I loved Korovou. The staff were always happy to help and do things. The accomodation was fine. My Bure had a bunk, twin and double bed and it was only me and one other. Food was great. A variety of salads, fish, vegetables, noodles, rice with Dinner buffets a couple of times too!. The chef also took ideasfrom guest and cooked pizza for lunch and even made spaghetti bolognaise for dinner.
The snorkelling was out of this world and right there so no extra boat hire/transport costs.
if you're used to staying in Hiltons, Sheratons etc then this won't be the place for you. If you've stayed on any islands in Thailand in the cheap beach bungalows, then this is very similar.
I can't wait to return to Fiji and see more islands but I'll definately be back Korovou soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed in a large dorm while on this resort which was very cramped, hot and not very clean.
The bathrooms and showers were ok, but not the best and the water pressure was poor.
The beach was very nice as was the swimming pool and the evening entertainment was interesting!!!
Overall an ok place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Before arriving I was worried about Korovou because of the number of bad reviews abouty this place. But they were oh so wrong. One said the foreshore was muddy - sorry but it is all clean sand - nice fine clean sand on the reef flats that might look a little muddy to a land lubber, but quite the reverse if you walk over it. Another said that the pool had no steps out of it - they clearly did not go close enought to see that there are built in steps in two corners that young kids were playing on - sure one of the added metal stepways had no steps - but they were superfluous. Another said the staf fwere unhelpful and grumpy - if I had a criticism it is that they were toooo friendly and always wanting to assist. The food was served on a wondeful wooden deck over the beach and we could not complain for the price - it was tasty and plentiful - this is NOT a 5 star hotel so do not expect 5 star menus for such an economic all in one price. I would go back tomorrow. I dcan understand the reviewer who thought it was dull as it was raining all the time - but most Yasawa resorts would be dull in such conditions - luck of the draw - or go in the dry season like we did with all 9 days fine and sunny.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I chose the Korovou Eco tour resort carefully as me and my partner wanted to spend a few nights in the same place, relax, see men fishing, eat good food, go on hiking trips, enjoy pleasant staff and experience some fijian culture.

Unfortunately none of my expectations were met. I just read a lot of books as there was nothing else to do.

In broshure advertised men fishing was not true. We stayed at the resort for 3 nights and 4 days and we have not seen a single person fishing and were not given fish even a single time.

Staff were grumpy and badly organised. When we had to leave the manager came and told us that she did not know we were at her resort... Fijian dance performances were very bad quality, sexual and abusive and scary. Not my cup of tea. It seemed they danced to advertise male staff for some sexual activity rather then introduce traditional dance.

When we arrived it was lunch and we were given very little food and had to wait for 7 more hours until dinner. Food quality is not impressive. It is an overpriced resort and the menu consists of sweetcorn, carrots and sweet source in various shapes and forms.

When we asked about hiking trip we were showed to go up the hill ourselves, which was fine but even after we were the couple of people which stayed there longest we did not understand what was ECO about the resort as there were plastic bottles scattered all arround the resot. We were encouraged to buy water bottles rather then filtered water as other sources of water were not available.

I personally would not recommend anyone to go there as they even do not have a nice beach - it is muddy. Octopus resort is a much better option/

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Renatik
Reviewed September 12, 2009

Korovou is more touristy than other resorts in the Yasawas so if you are looking for a bit more comfort then this could be for you. They have electricity in the bures which means you can charge your cameras and phones but it also means fans and hot water- a bonus in the Yasawas! The bures weren't very clean- our bathroom had a blocked drain and the hair from the last 2 years worth of guests filling it.

The food was reasonable and a step up from what we had had further north in the Yasawas but it was also lighter on than a lot of the other resorts. The staff were friendly but never really went out of their way to look after you.

The snorkeling trip with the manta rays was something that we had heard great things about but we were left $25FJ out of pocket and never saw any rays after being assured that we would. Aside from that the snorkeling was reasonable but not the best location in the Yasawas for coral and great marine life.

We enjoyed the nightly entertainment but a word of warning- be prepared to dance!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends