My wife and I stayed 7 nights. They were wonderful. Wonderful food, activities, rooms (I'd recommend the extra for one of the Points) Sunsets were breath-taking, swimming, awesome. The resort is located on the island Waya and is VERY secluded. Shoes were not required (except the hike to the peak) but the sand made for difficult walking for someone recently recovering from the hospital. Seeing as this doesn't apply to most people, my wife found the barefoot idea much to her liking, and didn't wear any for seven days! The staff was great, most being from the local village, and were very helpful. Everything was better than I expected, especially for the price. We came from the U.S. and thought it worth every penny(expensive flight.) Communal dining ensures dinner conversation. Not a place for recluses, but ideal for those who like company! Bring FD$ cash for arts and crafts from the village or small denominations if you choose to donate to the local school. Vinaka!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The minute you step onto the beautiful mile long, golden sand beach at Likuliku Bay, you will be on ‘Fiji Time’. You will find some of the best snorkeling and diving in Fiji, just step outside your front door. Our beautiful reef is only a few meters from the shore, and is a protected marine reserve. Octopus boasts some of the warmest, friendliest smiling faces anywhere in the world, come and meet the “real Fiji”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Octopus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Octopus Hotel Waya Island
- Octopus Resort Waya Island
- Hotel Octopus
- Octopus Resort Fiji/Waya Island