Visited end of March/start April 2013. Took the resort boat which was very exciting and great fun but not for those with a nervous disposition or very small children! The views were amazing en route and arriving at the resort was brilliant as it really is a spectacular spot. We had booked a bure for 4 and I have to be frank and say that my first impression was a bit of disappointment with the bure. It was tiny in comparison with the other places we had stayed in Fiji, the beds were pretty ancient and the sheets and mosquito nets, although clean were worn. This is not a fluffy towel resort, but what you do get is an amazing experience. I have to emphasise how much we all loved this place within a really short time: the bathroom with open air shower, amazing snorkelling right off the beautiful empty beach, wonderful food, lovely lovely staff and after a few hours I was wondering how on earth I could have been disappointed with the bure!. I had chosen Octopus for the great snokelling, the fact that you could visit and support the villages with the church and school and these were all excellent. If you go, you must do these 2 trips; they were so welcoming and wonderful to experience and so make sure you take plenty of money to buy shells etc to support the village. The food at Octopus is terrific, especially the breakfasts and also lots of lovely Fijian food which was great. Our bure was behind the beach ones ; it was a garden bure. it didn't have air con but had a large fan which was perfect. We were invited into one of the luxury rooms which did look lovely but in the end I think I preferred our little bure! This is a wonderful place to stay and I would thoroughly recommend it. We were so sad to leave and would definitely go back. The things I'll remember most are the fish frenzies right up on the beach so you can watch the fish jumping out of the water almost all day, the wonderful snorkelling, the Chuch singing and THAT dance by the kids at the school. wonderful. Hope we will be back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The minute you step onto the beautiful mile long, golden sand beach at Likuliku Bay, you will be on ‘Fiji Time’. You will find some of the best snorkeling and diving in Fiji, just step outside your front door. Our beautiful reef is only a few meters from the shore, and is a protected marine reserve. Octopus boasts some of the warmest, friendliest smiling faces anywhere in the world, come and meet the “real Fiji”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Octopus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Octopus Hotel Waya Island
- Octopus Resort Waya Island
- Hotel Octopus
- Octopus Resort Fiji/Waya Island