I traveled solo, staying in the dorm accommodations. From what the other solo travelers said, the dorm accommodations were some of the nicest in Fiji. I stayed for 7 nights, which was probably too many. Most people who were traveling solo stayed for 3 nights and then moved on. I was on a limited budget, so couldn't do a lot of the activities, but the highlight of my whole trip was the hike.
In December, it was very hot, almost too hot to really enjoy myself without a/c. If you have the $$ to upgrade, it would definitely be worth it.
Highly recommend this place. Stay for 3-4 nights to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The minute you step onto the beautiful mile long, golden sand beach at Likuliku Bay, you will be on ‘Fiji Time’. You will find some of the best snorkeling and diving in Fiji, just step outside your front door. Our beautiful reef is only a few meters from the shore, and is a protected marine reserve. Octopus boasts some of the warmest, friendliest smiling faces anywhere in the world, come and meet the “real Fiji”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Octopus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Octopus Hotel Waya Island
- Octopus Resort Waya Island
- Hotel Octopus
- Octopus Resort Fiji/Waya Island