“PERFECT GETAWAY BULA”

Coralview Island Resort
“PERFECT GETAWAY BULA”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

i spent my last 3 days here, and it was amazing !! next time I'm coming back to Fiji, i will go straight to Coralview !!!
there is a lot of activities to do here, friendly people... i love them all !! volleyball every afternoon so much fun, cave trip was great ... suntan beach was beautiful, village visiting was so touchy and unforgettable, fijian dancing lesson !!! bonfire was fun,, the FOOD was goooooooood !!!
i highly recommend this place !! you will not regret it..
the dorms are very clean !!!

Room Tip: i spent my time in the dorms and it felt it was a private bedroom hahaha definitely spending weeken...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Coralview_Island, Sales & Marketing at Coralview Island Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Bula Oowiee Teresa Uthe Kosasih,

Thanks so much for the review.

We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the resort. We hope that the memories that you encountered at Coralview Island Resort will remain with you till the day we meet you again. We also hope to see you back at the resort in the near future so us to top this recent experience.

Sales & Marketing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Although towards the end of the Yasawa flyer boat’s route, I would highly recommend taking the time to explore this gem of an island.

The 10 bed dorm I stayed in was clean and spacious. The single beds made a refreshing change to bunk beds (which in my experience is standard when backpacking) and you are given fresh sheets everyday.

The price of your accommodation includes 3 meals in the style of a buffet. There is always a variety of dishes offered so there is something to suit everyone’s tastes. I think that the chefs’ greatest attribute is that much of the food is sourced from their gardens so freshly prepared fruit and baked bread and muffins are provided everyday. Special mention must go to the soup- you’ll understand once you’ve tried it! As with visiting any island other than the mainland, I would advise taking a packet of bottled water with you (you can get 6 litres for $12 in Nadi) as once you run out you’ll be paying $5 for 1L bottle.

Everyone I met travelling who had been to Fiji said that the people are really friendly, but even by that standard the staff at Coralview were the most warm and welcoming Fijians I have had the pleasure of getting to know. They greet you into their family whether you are staying a day or a month. They have a full-schedule, offering a variety of free and paid activities (including bush and sunset walks, volleyball, cave and snorkelling trips) and the traditional lovo meal and cultural dance show on Saturday night is a must-see. They are really flexible if there’s a particular activity you wish to do, but at the same time there’s no judgement if you just want to chill out in the hammock all day.

I would also highly recommend (with bells on) the diving. The staff at the dive shop are loads of fun and adapt to your comfort level. My personal highlights were the shark dive (honestly not as scary as you’d anticipate), Cabbage reef and the Maze (made up of swim throughs), but top prize goes to Bonzai if you’re lucky enough with the weather.

I guess the highest form of praise I can give is the fact that when I arrived I had only booked one night, but, as I enjoyed it so much, I ended staying 8 nights in total and I still wasn’t ready to leave. This is a very special place.

1 Thank JRC21
Coralview_Island, Sales & Marketing at Coralview Island Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Bula Vinaka JRC21,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review.

It is very pleasing to read that yet another guest walked out of Coralview Island Resort happy and satisfied and that we were able to make you feel like one of us. We appreciate that what you all have mentioned and so encouraging to other guests that you had only booked to stay for 1 night but ended up staying for 8 nights which we have been so thankful for.

Thankyou so much for the review and we hope to see you at Coralview Island Resort in the near future.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place is absolutely beautiful! The staff are incredibly friendly, the food was amazing and the setting is simply paradise. I highly recommend taking part in the activities they offer like the blue lagoon and caves trips. My time here was an experience like no other. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering going to Fiji.

1 Thank Jaymi S
Coralview_Island, Sales & Marketing at Coralview Island Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Bula Jaymi S,

We would firstly like to thank you for writing this review.

Always glad to read that a recent member of the Coralview Family departed satisfied. In saying that, we hope that we made your stay an enjoyable one and also one that you will remember.

We hope to see you back at Coralview Island Resort in the near future.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Well this was my second trip to Fiji this year and had to return ( for a week this time, still not enough) as the treatment was awesome the first time around. Somehow they managed to top that experience. The other people staying at a place also make up the experience. The crowds were completely different but Coralview was able to accommadate them both and make all feel like family. Will be going back again and for alot longer than just a week. Have read many positive things about the guys in the dive shop and about all the ladies (girlfriends) who make you feel like home, to the fantastic spread the chef puts on daily, and lets not forget our bartenders, they have all become wonderful friends and family. See you all again.

Vinaka veka levu
OOOO's

2 Thank JamesStockman
Bula James Stockman,

Thanks so much for taking out time to write this review.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the resort. We are also glad that we managed to top your previous stay and we hope to see you back at the resort so we can top this most recent experience.

London
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed three nights at Coral View resort and fell in love with the place. It's only a small resort which makes it so much more friendly. The staff were so lovely and really do make the place what it is.

There's lots to do but there's also amazing peaceful beaches if you don't want to do anything. We had a whole white sandy beach to yourselves with not another person in sight.

The food and entertainment were great, there's also a resident baker who makes delicious cakes!

We regretted leaving after arriving on our next island. We would highly recommend Coral View to anyone travelling around the Fijian Islands.

Jade & Elena

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Coralview_Island, Sales & Marketing at Coralview Island Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Bula Jade_Alice,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review.

It is very pleasing to read that your stay was enjoyable and fun. Yes we agree that the staff are the total package of the resort and we are so blessed that they work day in and day out to make our guests feel at home taking away any doubts or uncertainty that they might have on arrival at the resort.

We take alot of pride in having a fun environment for the guests and also one of kind food which you have may have come across. I will surely pass on the kind compliments to the staff and in saying that, we hope to see you back at Coralview Island Resort.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was welcomed with a song & it continued throughout my stay. The guys in the dive shop are the same guys doing the cultural dancing in the evening. The women surving my dinner are singing me a farewell song as I left. It was the kind of place where you develop relationships & I was guenuinely sad to say goodbye. I feel like I made friends. I also liked that Coralview was not commercialised & plastic. It felt the real Fiji.

• Stayed October 2012
Bula Rocketcat,

Thanks so much taking out time to write this kind review and very humbling to read that you enjoyed your stay on the island.

Yes Coralview is the type of place where people arrive as strangers and leave as friends but most importantly, they are and will always be part of the Coralview Family. Coralview uses its staff well and in saying that, the same people that serve you in the morning, entertain you in the evenings and Coralview is very fortunate to have such staff.

Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Muri Beach
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We (my 17 yr old daughter and I) went on an Ultimate Lei, Awesome adventure tour to the Yasawa islands in Fiji and our last 2 nights were at Coralview. We found the resort friendly with great accomodation. The food was really excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. We went diving in the caves, swimming on disappearing islands, visiting a Fijian village and watching the villages play pretty serious sevens rugby as a school fundraiser. i would definitely come back here and bring the rest of my family as there were more trips to do but we ran out of time. I really liked this resort and felt very safe and cared for on all the activities. We also heard about the save the turtle endeavours that the resort was doing. And as we were leaving they released a turtle they had saved. Didn't have a beautiful beach but very close to lots and lots of trips to them.

Room Tip: They had dormitories and I was told by people we met that they were very nice facilities. The sleepi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Coralview_Island, Sales & Marketing at Coralview Island Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Bula Cathy L,

Thanks so much for the kind review and glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the resort.

We have been grateful enough to have you spend 2 nights with us and hope all your expectation were met by the resort. We are also happy that even though you had 2 nights with us, you had the opportunities to do alot of things as you have mentioned in the review.

In saying that, we hope to welcome your family & you back to the resort in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavewa Island
Mantaray Island Resort
Barefoot Manta Island
Barefoot Manta Island
#1 of 1 in Drawaqa Island

Been to Coralview Island Resort? Share your experiences!