We really enjoyed our time here and stayed 8 days. It was a time of quiet, laying in the hammock relaxation and snokelling on excellent coral reefs. If you want to party, this is not the place for you.
We bonded with the staff and we were sad to part.
It is not a resort in the terms most people think. It is basically 8 single cement bures on the beach with an open covered patio to have meals, that is it. They also have an office room, and a small domoritory above the office and a kitchen to make our meals in. There are about 8 staff members. There is no choice of meals but if you are vegetarian, you will get a fish or egg meal instead of beef or lamb meal. Meals are good but are very similar day after day, with some exceptions.
The rooms are clean, but realize it is to developing country standards. There may be some mold, some sand and dirt in the corners of the bedframe, a lizard may be in your room until you shoo it out, and so on. That being said, we overlooked it because we weren't looking for a normal North American motel experience.
The staff told us not to drink the tap water and since they were out of rainwater, we had to purchase drinking water by the bottle from the Oarsman, which cost fijian $6.00 for one an a half litre bottle. At some meals, they could not provide a beverage, you had to drink your own purchased water. We felt this was not right, since it is an all inclusive resort.
We brought our own bottles of liquor along and had drinks in our room each evening rather than purchase their drinks at fijian $6.00 or more. They did not have much of a selection of drinks, only Fijian beer, gin, tequilla and sweet liqueurs, that we could see. There are no stores on it island to purchase anything. Internet is available in the office at fijian $15.00 per hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated beside one of the worlds best all-tide swimming beaches is Oarsman's Bay Lodge in the remote Yasawa Islands in Fiji.Stay in simple, traditionally built bure accommodations. We offer deluxe or family style bures for groups, dormitory style for backpacking and budget conscious guests. Adventurous travellers can pitch tents and camp out on our grounds, or be swept away for a night or two on your own private island. Oarsman's Bay Lodge will exceed your expectations of what a Fijian holiday can be! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Oarsman's Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oarsman`s Bay Hotel Nacula Island
- Oarsmans Bay Hotel
- Oarsmans Bay Resort
- Oarsman's Bay Lodge Fiji/Nacula Island