Safe Landing Resort
$206
$191
  • Pool
Oarsman's Bay Lodge(Nacula Island)
$120
  • Restaurant
Coconut Beach Resort(Tavewa Island)
$194
Botaira Resort(Naviti Island)
$156
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Paradise Cove Resort(Naukacuvu Island)
$202
$170
  • Beachfront
Viwa Island Resort(Yasawa Islands)
$312
$263
  • Pool
Turtle Island(Nanuya Levu)
TripAdvisor
Naqalia Lodge(Waya Lailai)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfree activitiesblue lagoonfishstay nightsbeachfront burevinaka vakalevubeautiful beachbiscoconutcavetripsyasawasmealsvillagefijiresortisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This place was really weird. I stayed here two nights with my friend in a dorm room. The rooms were basic but clean and had a toilet and shower to share between 12. The shower was in a box room with no natural light so you couldn't actually shower during the day as they only turned te generator on at 11-2 and 6-11. Also it was hardy worth showering in there the shower was so poor. There was also no light near the sink so it was pretty much pitch black when trying to brush your teeth at night.

The food was very disappointing. Fair enough you need to feed a lot of people on a budget but you don't do this by just feeding them rice. Many of the lunches consisted of lots of rice, very bland. The dinners were watery soup followed by one evening a pasta with chicken gristle. There was not one bit of chicken breast, it was all chicken bone and gristle. I was actually very angry. I didn't eat one piece of meat my whole two days there. The breakfasts were dire. They offered dried up old weetabix, bread and butter and pineapple. When I asked if they had jam they said they didn't. I felt like they skimped on all the food major ally and I know I wasn't the only one disappointed.

Another issue I had was with the staff. The manager actually had a staff meeting whilst we were there in front of guests and was overheard giving them a talking to which I found very unprofessional. I'm not even sure how many staff there were all I know is that anytime I went into the shop or to the bar of activities room, nobody was about. I actually had to drag myself around the resort trying to find someone in an orange t shirt to answer my questions.

In terms of activities I felt like they almost tried to offer too much they couldn't keep on top of it all. To make matters worse the activities guy 'simmy' had an issue with smiling. He was the grumpiest guy ever and was so unenthusiastic about everything he did and said I almost felt like I was a pain just being there. If you're an activities guy you need to smile and be welcoming and friendly. Not act like you'd rather be anywhere else on earth but there.

I got locked in the shower one evening and my friend went to fetch the manager. Eventually when I got out myself out rather than apologise to me he said 'it always does that'. No apology whatsoever.

Another thing I found deeply disappointing was our first night there. After dinner we were all quite happy having a chat and a couple of drinks when the staff got up and demanded we do the bula dance. I absolutely hate organised fun and really don't appreciate being forced into dancing when I'm paying for my holiday. This dancing went on and resulted in many of us running back to our rooms at the earliest chance which meant I didn't feel like I could relax in the social Area in the evenings without getting forced to do something. Same goes for the second night. They tried too hard to provide evening entertainment when all people wanted to do was sit and chill out.

Sort it out staff! The resort could be great but it lacked character and most of all basic organisation!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank phoebe w
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Be sure to visit the tea rooms whilst staying at any of the resorts on the island. It is run by a lovely local lady who makes a different fresh cake daily and also serves tea and coffee. She told me that on the 9th of April is her sons 21st birthday and they will be throwing a special ceremony where he walks on hot coals as this is a tradition from her village. She welcomes any visitors to celebrate with them so if your there don't miss it!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StephS77
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Some people book more than one night and then not to happy about being on an island. I was there one night and was glad to leave. The bed was not comfortable. Dave is lazy because he does not repair showers and other things. I think Dave likes his dress he wears. It is just a show. You want to go to church then you must pay $10 before going. Dave is in this for the money. Dave is the owner. The food was good.
Maybe Blue Lagoon would be better, I don't know but maybe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bob c
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hi there,

we have been to Fiji at the end of May 2012 for 6 days and only stayed at Safe Landing as we didnt have more time to explore and wanted to enjoy and calm down a bit. This is the reason why we havent taken the opportunity to island-hop, which must be amazing!

Safe Landing is a nice and basic place in a beautiful location but lets go point by point. First of all the trip there is a bit long as it takes around 5-6 hours, which added to the trip by plane from Melbourne was quite exhausting. And we havent realized this when we booked it and thought it would be only and hour or two, which was an interesting surprise as you might imagine. Nacula Island lies right at the end of Yasawa Islands and is probably one of the larger islands there so if you are an explorer and like hiking the hills its a good place, though the pathways often end in the middle of nowhere :)

For us it was paradise as when we arrived there were less guests than staff (there were 6 guests including us) so the beach was empty and we had it all for us alone.

The "hotel" is a basic place as most are in Fiji, but in terms of accommodation all was fine. We hat one of the bungalows and nothing was missing. Having the beach literally at your doorstep and a hammock to lie and read in was awesome. One little bugger we had was a frequent visitor, which was a small mouse crawling out of the sewer system used, which used to go through the trash. The staff planted a cat into the room to catch or scare it away, but then we just plugged the hole from which it came and we havent seen it again. Sleeping there was great and we always were full of energy, though the early breakfast at 8am was a bit of a stretch.

The staff as well as the Australian owners were very friendly, always helpful and there was a lot to do, like learning about the natural medicines form plants they use, peeling a coconut, making wristbands, kayaking, night snorkelling and drinking kava in the evenings as well as some group activities of which we werent that fond of as we wanted to be alone and relax.

The beach was nice esp. when the tide is high as there is enough of a sand patch to swim and mess around. If it is low there is a lot of see weed and its not ideal to swim in, so I wouldnt give the beach more than 3/5. But it was still beautiful and relaxing with no one there.

There is a reef and patches of corals just outside if you swim for a few minutes although its smaller, but the fish are plentiful and much of the coral is in great shape. The only downside is the current since the reef is near the end of the island and the open ocean creates a heavy drag so be careful.

In terms of snorkelling and diving there are many opportunities although we only took snorkelling trips around, looked at the blue lagoon beach etc. Corals in Fiji are in great shape and comparable with the great barrier reef at places. The staff took us through a number of different reefs and we saw a lot of fish, some turtles, squid etc. We later went there by foot (for free) and have spend a nice afternoon at the reefs and had a great walk as well.

There are other trips like the famous Sawa-I-Lau Cave, which was kinda cool and adventurous but also a bit disappointing since the "story" that we were promised on how the cave was created to be told was skipped. The staff there didnt speak much english (almost at all) so when we asked no one knew what to answer and since there were crowds of people waiting in the water to dive under the rock it was kinda rushed and then without any light to explore the cave we just waited till we can swim out finally. I would recommend the trip though, since I think at times its probably better and after all you dont get to swim in a cave in turquoise water every day. We did not do any other trips besides hiking, which i will upload some photos of.

The only real downside for us was the food, which although good was very repetitive and mostly consisted of rice and carrots and some meat, mostly fish that was only served at dinners (not all dinners at that). The breakfast was good though and you could eat as much as you liked (and was made). However my fiancee and I both often found that we were hungry in between the meals. There is cake stand nearby which is open for a few hours every day where you can get homemade cake and tea or coffee which quelled the hunger a bit. Dont know but what I heard from other guests (island-hoppers) there was a lot of food in other resorts on other islands and no meat scarcity.

Perhaps one more thing that we were delighted about, electricity ran only a few hours a day (around 4) so we could really shut down everything and just relax. For some people this might be a bit of a problem. Internet is available but extremely slow and only on the owners staff computer, and for a fee, which is understandable that far away from the main island.

Overall Safe Landing is a great place to go, for a very good price compared to other resorts if (that is if youre not island-hopping). The beach, water and corals were beautiful as was the surrounding nature (rocks, hills). We would definitely recommend it if you're on a budget and would return if there would be a bit more food and a variety of it.

Room Tip: just get a bungalow and youll be happy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Richard L
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Most amazing time overthere with my girlfriend! Johnny our tour guide has to be the best guide ever. He made everything happen and nothing was a problem. If you go there make sure to visit the cave, since its a true yasawa experience! We also made it to the church on Sunday which was very welcoming and nice. All in all.. Safe landing is exactly what it looks and sounds like.. A nice place where you can "land" and just kick back and don't worry about a thing, since all the wonderful staff is there to take care of your every need!

• Stayed: November 2012