There are many amazing things about this resort...it's stunning, the water is various shades of aqua, the reef is just off the beach. You can snorkel everyday and barely leave your beach chair. It's a place like no other. You feel a bit part of a "family" while you're there. The optional activities are appealing and the ones we did were great. There is some kind of optional event every evening (crab racing, movie on the beach, etc) which creates a unique and lovable atmosphere.
However, you've got to love the place for what it is. Know what to expect. It is not a romantic escape nor does it provide you with many options for anything. Our garden villa was adequate but the bed was nothing special and the linen was much like a hostel. Our villa was the only one without an outdoor bathroom and ours had seen better days. Make sure you get the outdoor bathroom!
All meals are communal (tables of 8). Breakfast is a very simple continental. You've got a few options for lunch (although they are the same everyday). Dinner is served with only one option. If you don't like what they're serving, there is nothing else to eat. There is nothing provided outside of meals (in the meal plan). Snacks for purchase are very very limited. Oh and the fridge doesn't keep the beer (or anything else for that matter) cold enough. In fact, they will hand you a warm beer unless you object. And they definitely need to invest in a new blender because the current one doesn't do the job. No ice cold drinks here. Espresso drinks are available but it's taken as an annoying request by most staff. Don't expect service to your beach chair. Ice cream would be a nice addition :)
In terms of transport to the island, we took the seaplane (Turtle Airways) which we would HIGHLY recommend. It saves you heaps of time (well worth the expense) and you get a chance to see Fiji from the sky! Absolutely amazing.
There are so many amazing reviews about this place and so we had high expectations which weren't quite met. This place is special in it's own way. If the management improved on some of the above things I think it could become spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new stylish resort located on one of the best beaches in the Yasawas. Right in the middle of the blue lagoon region, the resort is located on a white sandy beach with all tide swimming. Dive shop, snorkeling and many activities. Open planned restaurant and bar with espresso bar and live music nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Blue Lagoon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Beach Hotel Nacula Island
- Blue Lagoon Beach Resort Fiji/Nacula Island