“Casual resort and beautiful location”

and 1 more site!
Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Perth, Australia
“Casual resort and beautiful location”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed for three nights in August 2014 in a garden villa and had a great time. We travelled non-stop from Perth and from the moment we arrived we felt relaxed straight away.

This is definitely one of the nicer resorts in the Yasawas, however bear in mind the resort is still aimed towards a relaxed, casual vibe, rather than the strict, sterile nature of some high-end hotels and resorts. What I mean is that you need to go with the flow (Fiji time) here and be prepared to accept the following:
- The bathroom is outside, which I found great, you're on a tropical island though, so there will be geckos, bugs etc that will share the bathroom with you
- The villas are nice but get dirty fast given they are surrounded by sand
- Dining can be communal - be prepared to talk to others!
I found that the above added to the experience and didn't bother us at all, but just want others to be prepared.

The food is quite good considering the remoteness of the island - you won't go hungry!

Advice:
- If you're coming straight here from the airport (or going straight back) then take the seaplane. It works out around $80 extra per person than the Yasawa Flyer but takes 4 hrs less. Plus the view is amazing!
- Sit on the communal dining side of the restaurant. Its interesting to meet others from around the world and most of the entertainment is on that side.

Overall we enjoyed our time immensely. We snorkelled a lot, kayaked, went to the caves, there was a lot to do in our three day stay. Would recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gavman81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have just returned with my wife and three children after five nights in a Palms Villa at Blue Lagoon. There is nothing I can fault about this place. It was our second stay and it was even better than our first, which we didn't think was possible.

From the minute you step on to the beach and have a drink handed to you, to the minute you step off and receive a very personal goodbye from the staff, everything is relaxed, fun and just stunning.

The mixture of accommodation means a real cross-section of people from backpackers to older couples to families, this really makes the place in my view. All inclusive pricing also takes the hassle out of the holiday when it comes to meals. And the food, OMG, best food in Fiji I reckon.

If you needed any more reasons to go there is one more - the staff. From Nathan behind the bar to Apo on the boats, the staff really look like they want to be there, they want to make your holiday the best it can be. And they do.

Don't think about it, just go, you won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Joseph S
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife was born in Fiji and lived there for fifteen yrs on the main land. My first trip was our Honeymoon in 1983. I fell instantly in love with the islands, the people and the relaxing aura that seems to come over you when in beautiful Fiji. Our fist stay at Blue Lagoon, Wow.... This is right up there in all respects. Beach is beautiful, sheltered from the prevailing wind, catches sun all day. Snorkelling is great off the beach and beyond with multiple sites close by and varied. Jeff in the dive shop is amazing so interested and helpful. The accom is great especially the open air showers, really special. Food is also very good, perhaps better than most you will find any where in the islands. The head Chefs Vi and Jai are out there in front of you and can make you feel special by spoiling your individual taste buds. Most important of all the staff, Fijians, from there near by villages are so naturally friendly and welcoming. Its an absolute Privilege to stay at the Blue Lagoon Resort. Would Love to Return.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joe H
Auckland
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is the second time we've been to Blue Lagoon. We were there three years ago (see earlier review) and our three kids are just that little bit older which makes the dynamic a little different. Sometimes trying to recreate the party for round II doesn't quite work out, but it did at Blue Lagoon - with no regrets!

For the kids, getting onto the beach and getting into the groove of making their own fun (we allowed no iDevices...) took a day or so, but when their imagination kicked in they disappeared for the rest of the holiday and we hardly saw them! A lovely safe beach, the pool and other kids to form a posse with and make their own fun.

The Palm Villas are amazing, spacious, air-conditioned and very private. The kids had their own room and our bed was really comfortable. To have your own front yard, complete with day beds, loungers, a hammock and direct access to the beach was unbelievable luxury, but worth every dollar.

We booked a seaplane to the island, which reduces a five hour launch ride to about 30 minutes in the air. I think that extra four hours on the island is worth every dollar. The food was great too, plenty of variety and of a very high quality with excellent breakfast as well. In fact, it was significantly better than the food served by a "so-called" five-star hotel in Denarau where we stayed after our BLBR experience. I still can't get over the fact the Apo, the Dive Boat skipper, remembered my son from three years prior, and gave him his own Blue Lagoon experience as boat boy on the Tai Maria that he still talks about! We will certainly return for episode three, and next time we will stay for longer. Thanks to all the team for yet another amazing holiday!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyofTank
sydney
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have returned for the second time with our little daughter and absolutely loved it! Instant relaxation after stepping off the seaplane which took us straight from nadi airport to the resort. Amazing views even with slightly overcast sky.
We come here for the beach, the snorkelling straight off the beach, our 5 year old came all the way out with us snorkelling and we even saw Nemo! The other times we hardly ever saw our daughter she was soooo busy playing with the other kids and nannies from the kids club.
The chef Vi has been there from the opening of the resort and I was so pleased to see him again, the food is amazing!! All the kids meals are delicious and carefully prepared and very fresh! Kids eat at a round table while parent can enjoy a pre dinner drink, then they all go to watch a movie with nannies and a big bowl of ice cream so parents can enjoy the delicious food...
Open air showers are so cool, bures very comfortable with lots of space and a great daybed and hammock and sun lounges... Nothing more to ask for.
The resident managers Antje and Phil are delightful, a lovely, approachable & hard working couple running the resort smoothly in the background! I can go on and on, if you have more questions let me know and I can go into detail. We can't wait to get back asap. It is the absolute fiji experience you can wish for with a little luxury and a delightful mix of guests.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Waikato
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Was I dreaming? My husband and I have just returned from Blue Lagoon Beach Resort after a wonderful one week island holiday experience. We had a great trip up on the South Seas Cruises Catamaran which was superb, a unique experience stopping at many resorts on the way to drop off and pick up passengers, staff aboard were very professional and service great.

We were greeted at Blue Lagoon by singing from the BLR staff which was lovely and then shown to our spacious villa, which was nicely presented with lovely island flowers. We had a lovely peaceful and fun holiday, the resort staff are all great, always lots of smiles, staff can often be heard singing to themselves while walking along the pristinely maintained sand pathways leading through to entrances to the villas. Staying at the resort were many young people, just chilling out and enjoying the laid back ambience. Dotted amongst the younger set were folks a little older, like us which added another dimension. We enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, mixing with people from all over the world and participated in fun nights, crab racing, Survivor Fiji etc. with this wonderful mixture of age groups. The resort is not rowdy, just good clean fun and well run activities with no pressure to partake. The flax weaving and roti making with Teresia was fun. Chefs not to be left out taught us how to make Kokoda which we were able to taste afterwards!! The food - well where do we start, it was all lovely and fresh, well presented with lots of food choices for differing palates. We would say it would equal any 5* resort on the Fiji Mainland, an amazing achievement considering the distance BLR is away from the mainland. There are many snorkelling trips, cave trips etc on offer. We particularly enjoyed the Village Visit and Meke performed by the Fijian village people, again big smiles and wonderful harmony. A big thankyou to the ladies who made the lovely leis that we all got, they were very very special. The school visit was great too, I was pleased to share my crocheted flowers with the children. Last of all was a big thankyou to the village people for sharing their island with us, the amazing natural beauty of Nacula Island, the crystal clear water and the picture book scenery. The big attraction for us was the snorkelling right off the beach, little fish of all colours darting round, bright blue long ones just below the surface would swim along with us, and way down silver ones all synchronised swimming together like water patrol. One can describe it as swimming in a crystal clear aquarium. I look at my many photos and I see I wasn't dreaming!! Take the plunge you over 50's you won't be disappointed, but leave room for us to return!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GilliWaikato
New York
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a Jungle Bure in August 2014 and LOVED it. What an amazing place. If you're looking for a bit of luxury in the Yasawas, this is definitely the only place you have to go. The bure's are massive, the pool is incredible and the water is crystal clear and the bluest I've ever seen. From the moment you step onto the sands you feel relaxed. It's truly paradise.

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong with the rooms. I was happy to pay a bit more for the Jungle B...