We stayed for three nights in August 2014 in a garden villa and had a great time. We travelled non-stop from Perth and from the moment we arrived we felt relaxed straight away.
This is definitely one of the nicer resorts in the Yasawas, however bear in mind the resort is still aimed towards a relaxed, casual vibe, rather than the strict, sterile nature of some high-end hotels and resorts. What I mean is that you need to go with the flow (Fiji time) here and be prepared to accept the following:
- The bathroom is outside, which I found great, you're on a tropical island though, so there will be geckos, bugs etc that will share the bathroom with you
- The villas are nice but get dirty fast given they are surrounded by sand
- Dining can be communal - be prepared to talk to others!
I found that the above added to the experience and didn't bother us at all, but just want others to be prepared.
The food is quite good considering the remoteness of the island - you won't go hungry!
- If you're coming straight here from the airport (or going straight back) then take the seaplane. It works out around $80 extra per person than the Yasawa Flyer but takes 4 hrs less. Plus the view is amazing!
- Sit on the communal dining side of the restaurant. Its interesting to meet others from around the world and most of the entertainment is on that side.
Overall we enjoyed our time immensely. We snorkelled a lot, kayaked, went to the caves, there was a lot to do in our three day stay. Would recommend this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new stylish resort located on one of the best beaches in the Yasawas. Right in the middle of the blue lagoon region, the resort is located on a white sandy beach with all tide swimming. Dive shop, snorkeling and many activities. Open planned restaurant and bar with espresso bar and live music nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Blue Lagoon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Beach Hotel Nacula Island
- Blue Lagoon Beach Resort Fiji/Nacula Island