We stayed here for a week after a few days in Nadi for our Honeymoon.
First of all, there are no words that can describe how beautiful the beach is here - I have never seen such blue sea, and the ride on the yasawa flyer to get here was stunning!
We stayed in a beach front villa, which was great. Opening the door to that beach was just heaven and we really miss it. The pool area was also lovely, but like other reviewers have said - there is very little shade and the mattresses get boiling hot (however since we've left they have actually built shades on the sunbeds now.)
The food was really good, and most of the staff were very pleasant and helpful - especially the chefs, who were very accommodating with our fussy eating requests (we don't eat seafood). Plenty of choice at breakfast and lunch time, but a little restricted in the evenings.
We also loved the dogs on the island, including the resorts's dog called Charlie.
The outdoor showers were nice and powerful, and great on a sunny day, but not so great when we had rain & wind. It also wasn't very nice if you had to use the bathroom at night as any light would attract gigantic moths!
Where the resort fell down, unfortunately, was that is was largely geared towards backpackers. Yes, the beach front villa was lovely for a honeymoon, but when it came to the evenings, the 'entertainment' and the communal dining wasn't really to our liking. We didn't go to make new friends and some of the other guests were very irritating, and as such we would have preferred to have more tables for two. We paid significantly more to stay here than those staying in the dorms, and we felt a little let down that we were getting the exact same experience as them.
We did purchase the 'romance package', which included a beachfront meal (this was great!) and a fijian couples massage, but I am sorry to say that the overall stay didn't really live up to our expectations and we weren't made to feel very special, which would usually be expected on a honeymoon.
So in a nutshell - stunning location, great food and staff, but maybe worth exploring other options if it's your honeymoon as this is overpriced for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new stylish resort located on one of the best beaches in the Yasawas. Right in the middle of the blue lagoon region, the resort is located on a white sandy beach with all tide swimming. Dive shop, snorkeling and many activities. Open planned restaurant and bar with espresso bar and live music nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Blue Lagoon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Beach Hotel Nacula Island
- Blue Lagoon Beach Resort Fiji/Nacula Island