“Blue Lagoon - relaxing”

Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Reviewed January 19, 2014

we stayed at Blue Lagoon resort for 4 days last week, this was our third trip and as always it was amazing, the service, food , staff and BEACH !!! loved it . we stayed in the palm villa. love them
having our own sun loungers is great. Air conditioned bedroom is perfect. we look forward to our next stay at Blue Lagoon.

Room Tip: Palm Villa are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bev009
There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon Beach Resort

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This review is long overdue as my wife and I stayed here over a year ago, but it was our most relaxing vacation ever. The beach is one of the most beautiful in the world, and the snorkeling just a few steps away is fantastic. The people and all the staff are really friendly, and I really love how they incorporate the villagers into the guests' experience. We are vegetarians and had some of the most delicious food we have ever had, on par with restaurants in San Francisco - amazing considering they are 4 hours from the mainland. There is plenty to do besides relax and we went on dives including the shark dive. The dive master was good but there was a Canadian girl at the dive shop who was quite rude and unfriendly. The rates are very reasonable for what you get and it's hard to imagine getting better value anywhere. Ultimately, this is one of our favorite beach spots of all time and we can't wait to go back!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eruption83
Reviewed January 17, 2014

If you on holiday, then this place is affordable. I stayed for business, but when I'm done for the day, I usually laze around the beach or go for snorkeling. Awesome sunset and food are ok, breakfast is great though. The room are well kept and has an outside bathroom, which was done with great interior design. Staff are friendly, got our booking mixed up, but the staff was very helpful and makes our stay a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2014

They obviously read these reviews as I noticed a few things that had been commented on (reserved seats on the beach, coffee/tea in the afternoon and plentiful cold water) are now changed.
This was probably the most relaxing holiday I've had. It's in a beautiful location and you don't have to worry about anything.
This place is lovely. I stayed in the dorm for three nights, which was quite comfortable. There are two dorms, each with eight beds and both are air-conditioned. On one night our air conditioner wasn't on/working, but it wasn't that hot anyway. The shared bathrooms do have hot water, though you don't really need it.
The drinks are a pricey, given that you're already paying a ridiculous price for food. Sure, the food is nice, but it's $90 a day, and there's no in-between meal snacks.
Everyone raves about the cave trip, but if you've been in caves before, I'm not sure it's worth the price over the other activities. The hike was good, though I think some people found it a bit strenuous. The sunset 'cruise' was well, about 5 of us going out on a small boat at 5:45 for a sunset at 8pm (dinner starts at 7pm), which is just way too long to stay out on the water with nothing really to see, and then we were back before sunset (because of dinner).

I liked: survivor (I hate to admit), crab-racing (though I wish they didn't throw them so far onto the beach afterwards), poached eggs for breakfast, voivoi weaving, chef Rogi teaching us kokoda, the bar staff were always friendly.
I didn't like: guests smoking in the bar. The constantly changing wi-fi - I think it's pay-only now, but they appeared to be going through a transition when I was there, but quite frankly I was suprised they *had* wi-fi.
I would like to see: more activities in the bar and restaurant and free sunscreen.
I was glad that there weren't any children there. It's not really the place for them. It's basically a bed, a beach and a bar. And that's what makes it so great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank takengine
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Probably one of the best places to stay in the Yasawas- stunning beach, amazing food especially- loved the omelettes for breakfast, and hte buffet dinners they sometimes did. Friendly, professional staff, good range of activities, nice atmosphere, definately do the cave trip- it was amazing. The dorms are really nice, with airconditioning- no bed bugs because they spray regularly. Top notch place to stay! Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Deagle769
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We spent six nights at blue lagoon beach resort - and it was just great! We had a wonderful spacious beach bungalow and six days of sunshine and good weather. Stuff was great and very friendly, breakfast was good (-> the banana crepes are SO tasty), lunch also and diner was amazing (-> we loved the BBQ and the Fiji diner). A great place to spend a wonderful holiday "like in paradise" with great value for the money. Would definetely love to return.

Room Tip: Beach bungalows are just great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christine325
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Not that there are alot of options on where to stay, but we picked the Villa with a garden view. The rooms were VERY spacious and clean. The outdoor shower is GREAT! The hotel has an activity calendar with different activities everyday so you can't exactly get bored. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included / compulsory and is all communal. But the food is good! So there is nothing to worry about - the banana crepes... still thinking about them! :)
Just a short note - there is no A/C but there is a fan.....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
#2 of 3 in Nacula Island
Mantaray Island Resort

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!