Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oarsman's Bay Lodge(Nacula Island)
  • Restaurant
Safe Landing Resort(Nacula Island)
  • Restaurant
Nanuya Island Resort(Nanuya Lailai Island)
  • Beachfront
Coconut Beach Resort(Tavewa Island)
Turtle Island(Nanuya Levu)
Botaira Resort(Naviti Island)
  • Restaurant
Paradise Cove Resort(Naukacuvu Island)
1,475 results
All reviewsgarden villacave tripfishvillage visitsea planethe yasawa flyerdive shopoutdoor bathroomcrabmeal plancommunal dininglocal villagelodge roomsshark diveyasawa islandskids clubnacula village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We went in Aug and stayed in a 2 bedroom garden villa. From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. With 2 small children 3 & 1 it was perfect.

The seaplane was the answer as we wanted to get to the island a relax as soon as possible.

The staff were amazing nothing was too much trouble. Our boys were running the place after a couple of days and we felt safe letting them run wild.

The food was really good for Fiji, heaps of variety and very fresh and enjoyable. We enjoyed the communal dining and met people from all over the world.

If you want to relax this is the place but the activities are fantastic. The swimming, snorkeling and diving are world class. The maze was one of the best dives I have done. The shark dive was interesting as well with no fewer than 8 large bull sharks sharing the dive with us.

The nannies were amazing and just perfect to provide us with some time alone.

We will return and next time upgrade to the deluxe beachfront villa which there are only two.

Recommend this for anyone who wants a Fijian experience on a great island with one of the best beaches in the world.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's a long trip by ferry (wifi & movies onboard) but well worth the extra travel time! I stayed in the dorm and it was immaculate! Bathrooms and rooms are frequently cleaned. Clean linens & towels. Plenty of activities (organized or on your own). Kids are really well looked after - day & night. The staff was terrific - and took such good care of me. I am coeliac and they looked after me better than 4-star resorts I have stayed at. Chef "J" came & talked me through the meals at least twice a day. The food was fabulous & they made sure I had plenty of gluten-free items at every meal. "Phillip" & "Luke" were hilarious during the evening activities. I thoroughly enjoyed myself & have enthusiastically recommended the resort to friends & relatives! Can't wait to return to BLBR!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dottie B
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Blue Lagoon made my island hopping experience brilliant. The staff are lovely and friendly and remember your name. The greeting song was great! The beach is gorgeous with really snorkelling. It rained quite a lot while we were there and the bar set up activities to keep us amused, such as a drawing comp, wordsearches and sudoku which I thought was a nice touch. The resort itself is very clean and well laid out. We were given a wide range of food to choose from and it was all delicous. The portions were a bit too big though so it was easy to overeat! I would definately recommend this resort and hope to go back to it next time I visit Fiji!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The resort is right up at the top of the Yasawa islands so the Yasawa Flyer ferry trip was long (4.5 hours) but that was ok because every 20-30 minutes you stopped at a resort to let people on or off so the trip was quite scenic and not boring. They have free wifi on the ferry and a cafe where you could get drinks and snacks which weren’t more expensive than I was expecting. A seaplane is more expensive but only takes 30 minutes.

The Blue Lagoon Resort has beachfront villas, garden villas, the lodge and the dorm. We had a garden villa which was really nice. As I understand that the lodge has separate bedrooms but shared bathrooms and the dorm is basically backpacker accommodation.

The beach at the resort was great with snorkelling right off the beach. They let you use kayaks for free but they charged $5/day for snorkelling equipment and $15/hour for paddleboards which still seems quite reasonable. The snorkelling is amazing, and apparently the diving is great too. There were always people at the dive shop so the diving was very popular but we didn't try it. At low tide the coral is in knee deep water and some of it even sticks out of the water. At high tide the water gets much deeper between the beach and the coral so try to plan your trip so that high tide is at a time of day that you will be in the water.

The food was really good and the meal plan was very reasonably priced. The meal plan included all three meals and the restaurant had "snacks" you could order between 3 and 5. Dinner was 7pm but they had a special dinner for the kids at 6pm followed by a kid’s activity which made the dinner a lot more relaxing for us. There are NO complaints about the food at this resort.

The resort had loungers on the beach. Beachfront villas had reserved loungers but everyone else had to share the loungers outside the restaurant. The problem is the people that only paid $30/night to stay in the dorm would come along at 7am before breakfast and put towels on the loungers to “reserve” them which sometimes made it difficult for everyone else to find one.

The resort has a pool that they had just installed. My son (6yrs) preferred the pool to the sea but personally I don’t understand why – the beach was beautiful. The pool was warm in the late afternoon and close to the bar so that was a good place to go at 4pm before changing for dinner. There were built in loungers around the pool but nothing to provide shade (unlike the trees on the beach) - I got too hot sitting there in the sun watching my son so when he was in the pool I tended to stay in the pool with him.

We did the cave trip – I recommend it: it was expensive but worth it. It is the same cave as the one from the Blue Lagoon movie. I did the free guided mountain trek between the resort and the village and the views were amazing – you go over the mountain and come back along the beach but you don’t go into the village because that is a separate trip. We also went on the village visit and it was worth doing (apparently it was free before but they charge for it now – but only $10/person or $20/villa). We took some clothes for the children in the village that were quite appreciated and they had a craft market around the outside of the community hall after the welcome ceremony (singing, dancing, etc.). Then we went to the school where the students gave us a presentation (singing, etc.) and we gave them some school supplies we had brought which they also appreciated.

They had some kid's club style activities for kids but not a full kid's club. The kid’s activities were interesting for the kids but only took an hour or two during the day and then an activity after the kid’s dinner. We were sure that my son was old enough to entertain himself but a full kid's club would have been much more relaxing for us.

We took some tonic and a duty free bottle of gin with us. The supermarket in Denarau had some this trip but that hasn't always been the case. There was no refrigerator in the villa but if you asked for a glass of ice at the bar they would give you some so it didn’t matter.

The villas had screens on the windows but the bathrooms were open to the sky so keeping mosquitos out of the room was tricky – every time you opened the bathroom door you were worried that you were letting in mosquitos. They would benefit from mosquito nets on the beds and we suggested that to them.

The resort had electricity via diesel generator which was very handy and it was way more stable than I expected – the only outage was just before dinner one night for a minute or two. While we were there the barge came with the supplies and I was amazed at the number of barrels of diesel they unloaded.

They had wifi but they charged for it and according to people we talked to it wasn’t working for most of the time we were there and when it was working it was VERY slow almost as if their wifi router was hooked up to a single mobile phone and everyone was sharing one mobile phone’s data connection. We hadn’t planned to use the wifi so we didn’t care.

In summary we will be returning to the Blue Lagoon Resort and thought that in terms of value for money it was very good. They also have a sister resort called Paradise Cove Resort which might be worth checking out next.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AucklandJerry
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A year later we decided to go back to Blue Lagoon and we were not disappointed. Beautiful beach, great snorkelling at your doorstop. Food had improved from last year - perhaps that was due to the new management - Sarah and Gus who made us feel very welcome and assisted with our every whim! My 5 year old daughter loved the new pool. The afternoon and post kids dinner kids activities were a hit with us as we could relax for a hour or two over dinner. We stayed at the Palm Villa again - what a gorgeous villa with it's own private path and multiple relaxation "zones"- how could you not like that! Also big thanks to Jay for our special dinner on the beach and to all of the staff who remembered us from last year. Hopefully we can go back next year!!

Room Tip: If travelling with a family - Go the extra mile and go for the 2 bedroom Palm Villa - you will not be disappointed,
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family