“Blue lagoon resort fiji”

and 1 more site!
Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Ballarat, Australia
“Blue lagoon resort fiji”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent. Family of four with 2 teenage kids. We stayed in a new 2 room ensuite garden villa 19 which was not beach front. Very spacious with outdoor daybeds. Close to restaurant but far enough away not to be bothered by stayers at the bar. To that they stayed really late anyway. Beds very comfortable accommodation clean, loved showering under the stars, ample soft towels for beach and villa, grounds well maintained, staff friendly, food was good and we never went hungry. Snorkelling was great right off the beach. Hubby and son scuba dived every day and experienced a shark feeding dive which was 'awesome'. Daughter and I visited village school which was a wonderful experience. A great place for a family holiday with little kids also.. Weather was warm, high 20s still pleasant swimming weather, no humidity, a few Mosquitos, so be prepared.

Only downside for us was the construction of a new villa taking place next door. They went from dawn to dusk. No chance of an afternoon nap in your room or a sleep in even on Sunday.. luckily the beach was a good alternative with hammocks and sun lounges. Next time I would choose a beach front bure. A beautiful place to do as little or as much water based activity as you want. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no building works happening near your room.
1 Thank Maree748

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Suva, Central, Fiji
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My brother and I along with one of his friends stayed at Blue Lagoon for 3 nights and had an absolutely fantastic time. Not only is it a beautiful spot and well worth the trip out on the Yasawa Flyer, the service was exceptional and the food truly some of the best I've had in a Fijian resort. Some of the highlights included playing volleyball with the friendly staff, snorkelling along the reef just off the shore, swimming with Mantarays (yes, they swam up to us at the beach, WOW) as well as heading out to explore the famous Sawa-i-Lau Limestone Caves - not to be missed. I look forward to staying at Blue Lagoon once more, thanks to all the staff at the resort for making our stay enjoyable and memorable!

Room Tip: The dorms are comfortable and relatively cheap and the beachfront villas are stunning if you can aff...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Toufik R
byron bay
Reviewed July 25, 2013

this review has been long overdue, the wife and i stayed here a few years ago. from the moment i first set foot on this island i felt a sense of warmth we were really made to fell welcome the food was great the people are so friendly. snorkelling was awesome so close to the beach we had a bungalow right on the beach.this is a place you want to keep to your self. it may not suit the noisy crowd but thats ok my last trip was to bali stayed in a nice place would i go back there never.would i come here again in a flash

Room Tip: git a room right on the water.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stumbled across blue lagoon beach resort very accedently while searching for accommodation in Fiji, being a fan of the blue lagoon movie ( also filmed in fiji) i saw the name of this resort as a sign! to begin with I was looking for a 5 star chain hotel in denaru, but once I saw this hotel I couldn't go past it! Although it wasn't the most luxurious or well- known hotel i was originally looking for, the charm and absolutely magnificent natural beauty it appeared to have attracted me...
It was my first time to Fiji, but not my travel companions- she had already stayed on mana island previously, so BLBR had some high standards to live up to, however if your looking for relaxation & absolute beauty,look no further...

Okay so to start off with, the hotel is located on the most spectacular, stunning, amazing, magnificent beach in the world. Coming from Australia & travelling to many tropical places abroad , I have seen many beautiful beaches, but none that compare to this beach! The untouched beauty of this beach is certainly one of the worlds best kept secrets., It is literally like a post card, To begin with I was hesitant about the resort not having a pool, but for the whole 10 days I was there, the thought of swimming in a pool never crossed my mind, instead i much preferred swimming in the spectacular & crystal clear sea water !
Secondly, the people/ workers on the resort were the most lovely & kind people- the managers who were Mel & Justin at the time (I'm not sure if they still are as i travelled back in late october 2011) we're so hospitable and approachable ( typical Aussies ;) and they did everything they could to accommodate guests and ensure they had a lovely time. The workers were ALL so lovely, Emma the breakfast / lunch waitress was one of the kindest ladies I have ever met. Jo, the housekeeping/ massage lady was so friendly & trustworthy, her insight information about Fiji and interesting stories added a special touch to my trip! And the rest of the staff members (unfortunately I'm bad with names) were equally as kind, friendly & hospitable. they truly made my trip memorable. The Villlas to my standards were beautiful, not modern & prestige, but what you would expect from a villa in Fiji ! They were always kept clean & tidy which Was also a bonus!
The community atmosphere at dinner was something I was hesitant about, I am normally quite shy and private however I must say the community dinner tables were one of the peeks of my trip!
Everything else was spot on with this resort, there is one alike right next door, however it isn't close to the standard of BLBR!
The excursions they offer we're both affordable & amazing, whatever you do don't miss out on the trip to the limestone caves ( literally the best thing I've ever done in my life, and I've been to many grottos, etc) & also the visit to the village, it's such a beautiful experience to see how the locals truly live.
One final thing I would like to say, is since my trip to Fiji, i have been on multiple holdidays, and I have even traveled through Europe, I am constantly comparing the stunning destinations that I visit to the beautiful nacula island, so far nothing has even compared to the stunning Fiji!
The hidden treasure nacula island holds a special place in my heart, and I hope to one day in the near future visit it again, you would truly be crazy not to visit this island or stay on this resort- from one fusy person to another there is truly nothing you will not be satisfied with during your stay,there's something for literally everyone !!!

Room Tip: Every villa is beautiful! Garden villas are great, but if you want extra luxury go for a beachfront...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mikele S
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our family (including 2 teenagers, 14 & 19) thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Blue Lagoon Resort recently staying for 5 nights. We had selected the Premium Palm Villa so that we had 2 bedroom accommodation and were delighted at the spacious comfort, with beautiful Fijiian ceilings and finishing items. The day beds (verandah setting for 4, 2 in the garden & 2 on the beach) were very adequate for lots of comfortable lazing around, whilst there was plenty to do for active teenagers - snorkelling from the beach, paddle boarding, kayaking, learn to dive, walks & the newly installed pool.
The daily activities were well thought out and offered plenty to do without necessarily paying extra - many sessions were optional and free of charge. The items paid for such as the trip to the local sea caves were well worth it.
The food was incredible and excellent value for money - although we were hesitant about the common dinner time, it turned out to be a highlight, giving us the opportunity to mix and mingle with many travellers of all sorts of origins and experiences. The main meal was always followed with optional activities to keep guests amused throughout the evening. I cannot remember the last time my kids went 5 nights without TV and without any complaints!
The staff were wonderful - very chatty and friendly. My daughter made special friends with our house keeper and the bar staff learnt our names within the first couple of days.
Thank you Blue Lagoon - we hope to be back soon.

2 Thank Denise H
NSW South Coast
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I and my two daughters have just returned from 14 nights at the Blue Lagoon Resort in the Yasawa islands. I needed a good rest and decided just to go to one place avoiding the stress of packing up and travelling. Blue Lagoon had featured highly on Tripadvisor and also we had a Fijian friend who works in the travel industry in Nadi and she said it was the place to go. I have travelled to Fiji about 20 times staying in the Mananucas and the Coral Coast, so we were excited to be going to the Yasawa islands for the first time.
We had a really enjoyable stay on possibly the loveliest beach I have ever stayed on in Fiji. The snorkelling was great and as I am a less confident swimmer than my daughters I loved the fact that I could go barely a few metres from the beach and see amazing fish and coral. The Premium beachfront villa we had was also lovely, with a delightful outdoor bathroom, comfortable beds and Fijian ceiling. The activities on the island were enjoyable as well, with village visits, basket weaving, snorkelling trips and hikes. We loved the fact that we had the 14 nights to relax and really take in the whole feel of the island. The food was quite good, similar to that on many other Fijian islands such as Plantation but probably not as good as Castaway or Maolo . The salads though were the best I have had in Fiji ever. The other wonderful part of our stay was that we met some great people, other guests, from different parts of the world and became really friendly with some of them. This was probably the point of difference between this resort and the others we have stayed on which was made possible because of the fact that everyone was seated on large tables at meal times particularly dinner. You could be having dinner with someone from China, Taiwan, the USA ,Germany or Norway for instance and share your stories
There were negatives about our stay though and these would make us think twice about returning to this resort. We have come back to Fiji so many times because we love the warmth of the Fijian people and have made friends with quite a few over the years. My 18 year old daughter lived with a family for 2 months a couple of years ago and is keen to return for her gap year. We love the friendliness, kindness, Christian faith and happy manner of the Fijian people. Sadly all of us agreed that the staff of Blue lagoon did not seem overly friendly or very happy. We could not put our finger quite on the reason but the place lacked the Fijian charm of other less aesthetic places we have stayed at. The happy laughter and spontaneous fun was missing from the staff. There seemed to be distinct divide between the non-Fijian and Fijian staff even down to the colour of the staff uniforms. It seemed that the Fijians were working very hard with fewer waiters, waitresses and bar staff than at other places we have stayed. At times they were actually running between the kitchen and the dining room looking extremely stressed while we saw other non-Fijian staff having leisurely breakfasts and lunches. One day poor Phillip, a great staff member who was gorgeous, seemed so stressed when a guest became angry that his lunch was late as he was leaving that he almost fell over. I have a business and have run it for many years and I have always tried to treat my staff well giving them the same benefits during the day as I would give myself.
The other really negative thing was that I had two items of go missing from my room. On the Monday of the second week of our stay my only pair of earrings went missing. They were garnet earrings, not of great monetary value but some sentimental value being purchased in Burma on my honeymoon in 1986 and their loss meant I had to go on a second village trip to look for another pair. I did not worry too much about this as I saw the cleaner dusting the room quite vigorously on the day and thought that she might have accidently swept them up as their colour could easily blend in with the wooden floor. When I was packing up to leave though my watch was missing making me think that possibly my earrings were taken not accidently swept away. I had always left my watch on the glass table in the room and the earrings on the bedside table or on the vanity. The day before my watch had fallen behind the glass table and I cannot remember whether I retrieved it or not as often there were other things on this table, it was a bit messy at times. It was the first good watch I have ever owned. It was a Swiss Tissot watch which I have owned for 10 years having travelled to many countries with it and other Fijian resorts as well often leaving it in the room. To our mistake we did not always lock our door except when we went to meals or trips .We were mostly around the room except maybe on a couple of occasions for periods of no more than one hour when we went walking. I have stayed on other Fijian islands doing the same thing and have never had anything go missing. We live in a small Australian town for almost 30 years where people often go out for short periods of the day leaving their houses unlocked, so to holiday somewhere where we have to lock doors all the time especially when you are nearby most of the time, is not for us.
As there were no safes in the room I had luckily locked our money and passports up at the reception as I also am in the habit of leaving my purse lying around unattended. A watch and earrings were odd items to go missing as we had an expensive Apple laptop, I phones and I pods in the room which were more visible as well which were of much greater value. There were a lot of people coming and going from this resort with the backpacker accommodation which does not happen on the other islands we have stayed where doors are left open all day long, so in hindsight I should have exercised much greater caution with my belongings. So I warn anyone coming to this resort to wear all your jewellery on your person at all times or leave it at home. Do not keep anything of any value in your room unless you lock it and ask the cleaner to lock the room after her when she is finished as this did not always happen.
Also if you do not like rough and I mean rough 5 hour boat trips where people were taking sea sickness medication consider taking the sea plane for $375 Fijian per person each way or go to a closer island which may not have quite as beautiful a beach but is easier to get to and maybe more family orientated.
To sum this resort up if you want a beautiful beach, good snorkeling and an overall relaxing break I recommend this resort but it is not the happy friendly Fijian experience that you find in other resorts. We spoke to quite a few other guests at Blue Lagoon who felt Octopus resort was far better and much friendlier. Maybe we might consider staying here next time or just return to our favourites: Maolo island resort, Castaway Island and my children’s all-time favourite- Plantation island resort where the staff have time to chat, joke and spend time with you not being rushed off their feet all day long. This lack of staff also was evident in the overall lack of cleanliness in the crockery and cutlery. I am a health professional and quite aware of the importance of hygiene due to the risk of e.coli contamination. The plates at breakfast and at other buffet meals were dirty and so was the cutlery. I do not know if there was a dishwasher but the level of cleanliness here needs improvement in a resort of this standard. I do not blame the Fijian staff as they were so busy at all times of the day especially Phillip and the bar staff who were often doing 3 jobs, behind the bar, waiting and hosting activities that at times I felt sorry for them and for the others working in the restaurant.
Go to this resort to experience the wonderful beach but again remember to lock your doors at all times and also watch your belongings here, it is not like some places where you can just leave your door unlocked, trust everybody and let the children come and go out of the room as they please. Take a waterproof watch so you do not have to take it off when swimming and remember your backpacking days of locking your valuables in your packs and bags. Actually this is the first time in over 30 years of travel that I have lost anything of any value, maybe I was just unlucky this time and become a bit too complacent.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the dive centre and the restaurant
6 Thank Tathra44
blbresort, Owner at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are delighted that you felt that the beach is one of the best in Fiji, that the food was great and that you enjoyed the comforts of the lovely villas, clearly you are familiar with Fiji, so to hear you felt Blue Lagoon offered the above, plus the great activites, is just fantastic.

On another note, we take very seriously your comments on your missing items, as you mentioned, we advise all guests on check in to utilise the security safe available and we, like every other resort manager, owner in the world, are mortified that your items went missing or were lost and have acted promptly on this.
However, we must state here that we are curious about your comments on the uniforms. There is no and should never be any "divide" between managers and the local team. The fact that they wear different uniforms is evident at all resorts fiji wide, the restaurant team have their colours and design (requested by the local team themselves in style), the electricians theirs, the boat/activities team theirs, and the front office/Managers theirs to help identify to any guests. We support our team in every day actions and will most definately ensure that they are never "stressed" during their day, if this was the case, then we dropped the ball and need to ensure that this does not occurr again.
The weather is always unpredictable, today is like glass and all passengers on the Yasawa Flyer, that you have warned against, have stated it was one of the most fantastic experiences they have had to have the scenic cruise through the island chain, so we are sorry that mother nature stepped in and you too did not have this experience.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Suva, Fiji
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this resort very recently for 6 nights. They choose a beautiful location, and the staff was friendly. However, my list of complaints is longer than my praises. We stayed in the dorms, only to be met with a massive bedbug epidemic. They pretended to manage it, yet every afternoon someone found more bedbugs crawling around. I had both written and called to inform them of dietary restrictions (Celiac, no gluten), and every night they would come around and ask if anyone had issues with the menu. Every time I would re-inform them of my restrictions, and yet every time they brought the food they had already forgotten. I ended up losing a great deal of weight because of the food, and getting sick from the water. If you walk start the hike up the ridge, not 30 feet behind the buildings you are met with a massive construction site. It is not only a construction site, but what seems to be their dump. They have piles of garbage 4 feet tall that they are burning. As you continue a long the path, piles of garbage litter every side. This place is far from being environmentally friendly or even conscious. The staff, while friendly, is rather ineffective and extremely slow at doing anything. After the 2nd day, I was ready to leave. It was not worth the cost of travel and 4.5hour boat ride. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
11 Thank Rebecca_Anna15
blbresort, Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review - as previously mentioned on this site, it appears our dorms were infected recently with 'unwanted' visitors - these can often be bought in from other areas. All areas have been treated and beds in question destroyed.
Any dietary needs are met and out of courtesy to the different staff that work each night, we try to ensure that you are identified in the restaurant, as 80 guests that come and go can be quite busy for the team. It is a shame you never bought your concerns to anyones attention.
The resort is very eco conscious and for some reason you are the only person who has seen walls of litter and 4 foot high piles - so we will investigate your observations as we too are now curious.
Perhaps you meant to use other words than ineffective, as surely you would not label any human being this. Any further comment is not required.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nacula Island
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
#2 of 3 in Nacula Island
Mantaray Island Resort

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!