Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oarsman's Bay Lodge(Nacula Island)
$119
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$166
Hotels.com
Botaira Resort(Naviti Island)
  • Restaurant
Paradise Cove Resort(Naukacuvu Island)
$199
$191
Travelocity
Naqalia Lodge(Waya Lailai)
  • Beachfront
Nanuya Island Resort(Nanuya Lailai Island)
  • Breakfast included
Viwa Island Resort(Yasawa Islands)
  • Pool
1,475 results
All reviewsgarden villacave tripfishvillage visitsea planethe yasawa flyerdive shopoutdoor bathroomcrabmeal plancommunal dininglocal villagelodge roomsshark diveyasawa islandskids clubnacula village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I and our 9 yr old son just spent 6 days at the Blue Lagoon Beach Resort in Fiji last week. It was a fabulous experience! Prior to this we had spent 10 weeks traveling all over New Zealand in a camper van and this was our final stop prior to heading home to the United States. I spent many weeks before our long trip researching places to go in Fiji as I was looking for that idylic white sand beach, crystal clear torquoise water, laid back atmosphere that I associated with the perfect South Pacific island. Well, this was it hands down!

It's a small resort with both beachfront and garden bures, as well as beautiful dorm style rooms for the backpacker crowd. There's a main dining/bar/deck area with a sand floor with plenty of comfy padded benches and beanbag chairs scattered about for hanging out. There are large communal dining tables, each seating approximately 8 people and other smaller pub-style tables seating 2-3 people in the dining area. The main beach is just a few steps away and has plenty of padded lounge chairs scattered about with alot of shaded areas. There were activities scheduled throughout the morning, afternoon and evening in which to partake or you could just veg out on the beach all day. Literally 3-4 steps into the water there is an extensive coral reef with some of the most spectacular snorkeling I've ever seen. I've been all over the Caribbean, Mexico and Tahiti and have never seen snorkeling like this so close to the beach! They have a separate snorkeling trip they offer several mornings/wk but you really don't even need to do as the beach offers the same underwater views.

The food was either buffet or order off the menu style and was fantastic. The meal plan is compulsory but very reasonably priced. We are "foodies" so we're very picky about what we eat. Everything was fresh, local, healthy and tastefully presented. They also accomodate just about every type of diet so you'll never go hungry no matter what your food choices are. All beverages, except for coffee and tea at breakfast, must be purchased separately. Each night has a themed type dinner which adds to the fun and variety.

The staff were incredibly friendly and bent over backward to meet our needs. They even know everybody's name which I found impressive with new people arriving everyday. The cleaning staff made the extra effort and spelled out my son's name in decorative flowers presented on his bed!! Now that's some personalized bed making!!! The bures were clean, comfortable, nicely decorated Fijian style and serviced daily.

There are two ways to get there from the mainland, sea plane or "The Yasawa Flyer" which is a large catamaran style passenger ferry that makes multiple stops to various islands and resorts both dropping off and picking up travelers. We opted for the sea plane for our arrival, serviced by "Turtle Airways", and the ferry for our departure. The sea plane option is more expensive but only 35 min long to Turtle Island where you are picked up by boat and transferred to the resort, approximately a 10 min boat ride. The ferry, on the other hand, is 4.5 hours as Blue Lagoon is the farthest stop from the mainland. It is, however, a very comfortable boat with 2 outside decks with chairs and an indoor air conditioned area with plenty of seating as well.

So, if you're looking for the perfect place to stay in Fiji then look no further because truly, it doesn't get much better than this! My only regret is that it's so far from the United States!!

10  Thank slf0725
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food was phenomenal. The atmosphere was laid back yet with some very fun activities. And the shark dive was exhilarating. The BL cave diving was a really cool activity for half a day. Don't be afraid to climb the wall and jump off the cliff - but keep your balance!!!

My fiance and I stayed in the dorms and I can say without a doubt it was the nicest 10-bed dorm room I've ever stayed in. With an added bonus of having Fresh tropical flowers on your bed everyday!

Had an awesome 4 days here and would highly recommend! BULA!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank JHWorldTravels
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We travelled as a family to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort over the Easter Period for 7 nights and I only wish it had been 7 weeks !!! Amazing , beautiful resort in the best location.
Staff are fantastic, friendly and helpful. Food was fabulous every day, the kitchen staff turn out consistently high quality food and everyone we met commented on how good it was compared to other resorts !
We stayed in garden villa, lovely rooms and I adored my outdoor bathroom , being able to sit on the loo and watch the stars..so wanted to take that bathroom home !
Massages were great, snorkelling was amazing and we could just walk off beach onto the reef.
The number of friendly fish to be seen so close to a resort was incredible and the snorkelling boat trip was also well worth doing.
Met some lovely people there in the communal dining room and the daily activities were really good.
Could not recommend this resort any higher and I cant wait to go back there...my best holiday yet in Fiji and I have been there 12 times now....love it !!!!

2  Thank janbula
Reviewed April 17, 2013

As a family with two teenagers we have just returned from an Easter week break in a deluxe beach front bure at BLBR and cannot praise the resort highly enough. We have been lucky enough to travel extensively, but our family rate the stay at BLBR as the best holiday yet.
Island is tranquil and idyllic and the resort kitchen produced a consistently high standard of fare, in particular a wonderful Easter Sunday brunch. The chef is obviously an unsung hero in the back room, amongst a great cadre of friendly staff, including the exuberant and entertaining Tim, Luke etc. Village visit was moving, the school-kids sang with such gusto and as far as other activities are concerned, our two kids particularly enjoyed the challenge of the cave dive.
Had a couple of glitches on pricing with Fiji Travel Network but thankfully all have finally been resolved to our satisfaction.
Weather was glorious (thanks for sorting this guys) and coral immediately in front of the resort is teeming with a multitude of varieties of fish.
Provision of a couple of hairdryers in the office for occasional use might be appreciated by the girls and one other minor suggestion would be to put a local brooms in the room as I am sure guests wouldnt mind sweeping out the sand occasionally cutting down on the work for the girls from housekeeping. (yes beachfront means literally that!)
We cant wait to go back there in the not too distant future.

Bring back "Ribs" the white puppy, all is forgiven!

Room Tip: Beach front bures well worth the prime location and dedicated loungers and hammock. Other younger guests found the dorm accommodation good value
1  Thank PHod3
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks: 3 nights in a deluxe beachfront villa, 10 nights in a garden villa and it was excellently. there is majestic scenery: blue lagoon, clean white beach and green hills(mountains). there are a lot of fish and corals straight a couple of meters from the beach, but there is a place with sand and depth too, where you can swim when the low-tide comes.
The food was absolutely delicious and good in quantity. The activity was very varied and interesting. The stuff was very friendly. All was very good. My only complaint would be that we couldn't fully unpack because there wasn't enough space to put things and pillowcases were not so clean.

Room Tip: beachfront villa is better
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple