“Aaaaaahhh............” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Newcastle, Australia
“Aaaaaahhh............”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Well, it's all true! All is superb... from stumbling out of bed into the magificent azure water to snorkel above the incredible reefs... to Sunday bbq night and movie... The cave trip is an amazing experience but for me it's the involvement with the local village, Nacula, that makes the experience so special. We were here over the new year period which was lots of fun. I'd heard about people who kept extending thier stay and were shifted around rooms but never thought that would be us - it was. It's just too difficult to leave. The managers were very accommodating and creative... one night when the resort was full to the brim, we had to leave the spillover bure and slept in the massage hut. Fun! WELL DONE!

Room Tip: If you want to stay longer and stretch $ - stay in a lodge room - completely comfortable!
2 Thank Ilovebarbeach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed the Beachfront Villa (no. 5) in Blue Lagoon Beach Resort in the beginning of January 2013 for 6 nights. I was quite impressed about the efectivness of the booking arrangement and information with offers prior to our arrival. We have been picked up at the airport und brought to the ship. Also the arrival to the resort was very well prepared.There was no "check in" process upon our arrival - we have received the information, where our accommodation is and where do we have to go for lunch and we could immediately use our room.
The rooms look very new and are cleaned every day very keenly and if there is something to be fixed, it has been done immediately after we said a word.
The personell is very nice - in the bar, in the restaurant, in the booking office, in the activity base..... they all are always in a good mood and do the best to make you feel really comfortable.
It was obligatory to book the food package (breakfast, lunch, dinner).The assortment of the breakfast buffet is for europeans little poor, the lunch and dinner were really recommendable - we liked especially the menu for lunch. The owners of the resort joined the restaurant very often for food and other activities and had a chat with their guests. Every evening has one of the resort managers reported about the planned activities of the next day. Thanks to the big tables in the restaurant we could meet the other guests and exchange information or just had a nice conversation. Our son loved the children dinner! The offered evening activities are quite funny - it is a good mixture for everybody and each age. As we have a small child, we have not joined many of offered activities of the resort, but I liked the village visit. It was quite impressive to see the life of the Fijian people and their kids. If you book a stay in Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, bear in mind, that the journey from the main island by the ship can take a long time. We have decided to fly back to the main island by sea plane. It was a wonderful experience. Again very well organised by the resort team and even not much more expensive as the ship. The prices generally in Fiji and therefore also in Blue Lagoon Beach Resort are quite high, but I found the "value for money" still acceptable. The spirit of the resort is very special. Many thanks once again to everybody in the resort - you made our holidays unforgettable. It is too far for us to come back soon, but I would recommend the resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ocz-girl
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We visited Blue Lagoon the first week of January. For those Tripadvisoring this resort for the first time you will see that everyone really has great things to say about it; so I'm not going to waste your time telling you all about my vacation... you probably don't really want to hear about that anyway. I will say though: The Staff (and owners) at Blue Lagoon are beyond amazing!!!! Period. I truly believe they would do anything to make your stay perfect.

So.... her are some point form items that I would have found useful in advance

The Boat Ride - listen to your wife when she says to put sunscreen on when you get on the flyer boat. I guess you can get burnt at 8 am on a couldy day. Who knew?

Beach Front - do it! Really - don't even think about not doing it. The snorkeling is amazing right out your front door.

Get the Lobster Dinner for 2- ..........2 ? Whatever - We were not sure if they were expecting 6 people to join us, as that is how much food the served. Mabye skip lunch!

They have tables for 2 to 4 if dining in gagles is not your thing!

Prices - Cheap internet (I didn't use it - you're on holidays so let it go - (get a life and talk to your wife)
Beer - $5 - $7 fjd
Wine $35 - 55 fjd - Which I found pretty reasonable

I see they had some fun blender cocktials for about $16

Stay 7 minimum - everybody I spoke to that was leaving after only 3/5 days said how disappointed they were that they didn't book for longer stay. We stayed 7 - we went to another Island resort for 5 - which was smaller, more expensive and although it too was awesome, Blue Lagoon still had it beat!!!

Caves - if you want to tick it off your list go for it - I was not as wowed as others were. It's a cave - one has light - one is dark.... the end.

The only slightly issue
It was hot - unusually hot - so it was sometimes tough to get an ice cold beer or glass of wine. But they will keep filling the wine bucket full of ice for you.

Blue Lagoon - they get it. You will not be disappointed.

2 Thank maxum2311
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visited the Blue Lagoon Beach Resort in Fiji in December 2012 with my husband and another couple. Even though we arrived only one week after the cyclone, the resort looked beautiful. The staff had worked very hard to get place cleaned up and reopened in time for Christmas. They were all very friendly and quick to accommodate any request of ours. We had a fantastic time at the Blue Lagoon and we were sad to leave.

We had to make last minute arrangements to arrive there one day early because another resort that we were originally booked to stay at was closed due to damage from the cyclone. I phoned the Blue Lagoon’s reservation line (Fiji Travel Network) and spoke to Kylie who was kindly able to offer us a garden bungalow for the first night. Kylie had also helped me enormously a few months prior to this by setting up a special arrangement with the Octopus Resort (for which they also take reservations) for an early transfer to the mainland in that resort’s private boat.

The garden bungalow was charming and spacious; the bathroom alone was about 20’ by 15’ and had an outdoor shower. Since the resort is only 3 years old, everything is still new and is kept very clean and tidy. We were surprised and happy to find a lovely Christmas gift on our doorstep the next morning!

We then moved to beachfront bungalows (number 3 and 4) that we loved. These included high ceilings with decorated rafters, a stunning outdoor shower (which had its own garden), and a great deck overlooking the beach just a few feet away. We had a hammock in front and two chaise lounges as well. There was even a built-in footbath beside the deck so that we could rinse the sand off our feet.

The resort made a huge Christmas buffet lunch with roast turkey, ham, fish, prawns and many vegetables and salads. The desert was a served on a beautifully decorated plate with “Merry Christmas” written in chocolate sauce. Each day there were different delicious dinner specials throughout our stay. At lunch we could choose from the menu, and at breakfast we would have a made-to-order omelet or fresh food from the buffet.

There are also many activities that guests can participate in; we went on the trip to the caves and on a snorkeling excursion. I highly recommend both. The villagers came and sang for us twice, which was nice and we were invited to the nearby village as well.

The snorkeling directly in front of the resort at the edge of the reef is excellent. It was easy to swim safely quite far out to sea by following the edge of the reef at the side of the boat channel. The water was 85 degrees F (according to the thermometer) so it was lovely and warm. One of the people in our group went on four dives and was really pleased with the expertise of the dive master.

We were all quite impressed with the level of service that we received from all of the staff, especially Kylie and her husband Chris (who had flown in to help with the reopening of the Blue Lagoon after the cyclone). They are genuinely nice and are very efficient at getting things done and taking good care of the guests. When there was a small plumbing problem in our bungalow, Chris had it fixed right away. He also helped my husband deal with an ear infection. Kylie and Chris mingled with the guests at mealtimes and made all of us feel like we were part of one big family. The resort manager Tim was great too; he quickly got rid of a wasp’s nest in our bathroom as soon as we asked. Even the cleaning staff (especially Kitty) made sure that we had everything that we needed in our rooms.

I have travelled to many places in the world, and I have never been to a resort that made me feel as welcome and as relaxed as the Blue Lagoon Beach Resort. My husband and I will definitely return there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Norsa
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights in this beautiful resort. It's our honeymoon and we carefully chose it as it was the Tripadvisor winner for 2012 in Fiji. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The accommodation was great. Most of the activities were fantastic, especially the snorkelling trip and village visiting. Luckly, we won the famous international crab racing for the second prize. We really enjoyed the lobster dinner for the first day in 2013. Unfortunatelly, Villa 2 which we stayed was the only beachfront villa without a sunhut. Afterall, we both belieave it's one of the best memory in our lives. We are sure to be back someday. Wish they'll offer us some preferential:)

Room Tip: Room Tip:The premium beachfront villa is recommended. Villa 1 is better than Villa 2.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for four nights and I could have easily stayed a lot longer. It is beautiful and the best place I stayed in Fiji.

The staff were very friendly and made an effort to learn your name. They were genuinely interested in your travel stories and your life and would share your stories with the other staff who would come and seek you out and have a conversation. I was travelling solo and was at the end of my three weeks in Fiji so this was a wonderful way to make me feel very welcome.

The food was fantastic and the Head Chef Koli was clever with his flavour combinations. There is no way you could go hungry at the Resort. The Lovo night was a particular favourite of mine. The food was set up as a buffet but the bqq meats were excellent. Every night I was there the food was different and served differently. It ranged from three individual courses, variety of different dishes shared among the table of 6-8 people or buffet. Lunch was al a carte.

The manager organised activities everyday most of which were free of charge. In my time at Blue Lagoon I learnt Basket Weaving; indulged in Fijian lessons; attended a cooking class; went snorkelling around the stunning reefs in the Yasawas; went on a village and school visit; went to the famous caves in the Yasawas; played a game of survivor; entered crabs in a crab race and watched dances from the local village. You were never bored. They had planned entertainment every night to bring all the guests together and the best thing is you could choose to participate. The resort just had an amazing buzz filled with friendly, relaxed people. There were activities that you could choose to do throughout the day diving, kayaking and hiking were some more of those options. If you didn't want to do the activities you could lie on the beach, hammocks or deck chairs or swim in the gorgeous blue waters.

The rooms were lovely. The only thing they were lacking is aircon but I didn't feel like I needed it. I stayed one night in the Lodge room and three nights in the Garden villa. I was more than happy with the shared bathroom facilities. They were close to all the rooms that needed it and they were clean. The Garden Villa was beautifully appointed and the outdoor bathroom was great. The rooms were neat, tidy, roomy and clean with daily cleaning services.

It was truly a home away from home and I would definitely come back with friends and family. It was by far the best place I stayed in Fiji.

Tip take the sea plane. It is worth the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Melissa M
sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here over New Years break, the place was great. Had the lobster dinner here 1 day and it was awful, the setting was perfect but the food was so over cooked. Fed most of it to Charlie the dog. Walked up to the top of the mountain which was great but not advertised as its a free activity and they really try to make there money at this resort.
I would still suggest this resort but I won't be going back.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank PavSydney
blbresort, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review that the resort was amazing! Whilst Charlie the dog certainly is happy that your Lobster dinner was not as it should have been, we certainly are not. We wish we had known and we could have made this up to you by taking the opportunity to chat to the chefs and prepare what should have been the best seafood platter you have ever had.
But we are though pleased that you discovered the mountain peak, you can do this for free with the guided group as well, but some people like the solitude. Whilst the activities are vast and on offer so people can choose themselves what to do and maybe, what not to, it is a shame that you did not have the chance to explore the village, the church, or the island on one of the many free trips that the resort offers, the cultural cooking and weaving lessons are also great and 100% free for all. It's a shame we will not see you again, but It's great that you would recommend the resort for any travellers.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nacula Island
Mantaray Island Resort
Nanuya Island Resort
Nanuya Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Nanuya

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!