“best holiday of my life”

Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Blue lagoon is just amazing.

The location is just beautiful, and the ability to snorkel at both low and high time makes Blue Lagoon very unique.

The resort still maintains an island feel as you will get sand between your toes when you walk from place to place. There is no AC and no TV, plus there will be some mosquitoes, and local people are the work force of the resort.

I cannot wait to return back to Blue Lagoon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kiwi_Adrift
Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This holiday spot is perfect because it's people make it..... I booked this by sheer fluke for our first family island holiday....and boy did I luck out with my choice!! There is so much fantastic stuff about this island stay to compliment....from the amazing managers; Mel & Justin to fantastic staff; Marika, Josh, Vatili and the wonderful Village community who are employed by the resort helps make the whole experience so authentic!! There is a really nice array of activities to involve yourself in....if you want to....and there's plenty of nothing to do...if that's what you prefer.....
We highly recommend the underwater Cave tour. It's such a nice boat ride and a great opportunity to feel the adventure.
I can't say enough great stuff about this holiday destination but it's not for people who want motorised watersports and a pool for the kids.... it is however a lovely place to share a holiday experience with your grown up kids as we did!
So many wonderful memories will remain with our family from our stay....we miss the resort and it's most important ingredient, the 'people who make it'.....we hope to make it back there one day soon!!

Room Tip: Accommodation is fabulous on all levels!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FiRichBriBro
Reviewed June 17, 2012

With so many glowing reviews it's hard to add much new to the conversation. This was our first trip to Fiji, and the Blue Lagoon Resort exceeded our expectations in just about every way. We elected to stay in a "budget" Bula Lodge room, which we were completely satisfied with - clean, simple, bright and quiet, with fresh flowers on the bed each day, a little front porch and clothesline in front to hang your wet gear after a full day at the beach. The Bula Lodge rooms are situated a little bit back from the beach in a semicircle along with the dormitory and shared bathroom (re the bathroom - this may not sound great but is really not a big deal; it was rarely busy, it was clean and has an ample number of showers and toilets). While having your own bure would be terrific, realistically you're going to be outside much of the time, the meals are the same and you're all sharing the same beautiful beach. We were there for five days and the Blue Lagoon folks kept the meals varied and delicious, the evening entertainment fun, the kava strong, and the activity options rewarding. We thought the snorkeling was great on the reefs right off the beach - go out a little further and you'll see more - although some said there was better snorkeling at other resorts in the Yasawas. We did a few activities throughout our stay - cave trip, village visit, snorkeling around the bend - of those, we thought the village visit was the most interesting. The enthusiastic welcome from the locals will blow your flip flops off. In any event, try to do some activities, even just walking up the hills behind the resort for the awesome views - and get to know the staff a bit - it'll enrich your experience.

After only five days we were sad to leave what had started to feel like family - staff and guests alike. The guy with the best job at the resort, Charlie the dog, even came down to the beach to say goodbye as our launch headed out to rendezvous with the Yasawa Flyer. When we got back, close to Nadi, and picked up daytrippers at some of the close-in islets, I wondered if they knew how much they were missing by not venturing out farther. By the way, connecting to and from the Flyer is a snap; the fare includes pick up and drop off at hotels and hostels all around Nadi on a set schedule. Go! You won't regret it, no matter which accommodation you choose, what you do when you get there or what you decide to eat and drink.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank voito
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is my 3rd trip to Blue Lagoon ( heaven on earth). The first time I went with my mother and met my new partner, the second time I took my mother to thank her for taking me and meeting my partner and the third time I took my partner and our new baby (Ollie) to celebrate my mother,s 60th Birthday. I can,t tell you how beautiful it is and each time I think about the next time I can go back. I have already reviewed all the wonderful things about it before but I felt compelled to say that even after 3 visits it is as beautiful and alluring as ever. It,s the whole package. I think what helps make this place so amazing are the divine local Fijiians and the professionalism of the Managers Mel and Justin. They helped make my mother,s birthday one she will never forget. The special dinner on the beach accompanied by a special encore from the band boys was exquisite. They go beyond their job description to ensure you have an unforgettable time on this little piece of paradise. Their second in charge Tim, is a little gem also. He did an amazing job managing the resort in Melanie and Justin,s absence while they were on the mainland. I look forward to seeing you very soon Blue Lagoon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank adrianerb
Reviewed June 15, 2012

After spending a holiday last May at Blue Lagoon, and then again with the whole family for the week before Christmas, we have returned again on 19th May to this beautiful place.That says it all!
This time, however, we stayed in their luxurious Palm Villas, set alone at the end of the resort in perfect privacy from everyone else! The outdoor/garden bathrooms with their bird visitors and flowers, the front verandah with the two lounges, umbrella, and large table, as well as the hammock, and the beachfront personal thatched lounge right near the water -what more can I say!
Add to all this luxury and comfort the wonders of the best lagoon beach in Fiji, with soft sand, clear,deep,blue water, and the reef stretching out to the horizon, and you have the ingredients for the perfect relaxing holiday. We found the food wholesome,varied and plentiful, the staff more relaxed than earlier, and very friendly and helpful. Always a smile and a greeting each time you meet them. I especially liked their three course menu which they had a few times, and the buffet-on-the-table menus allowed you to mix with the other guest if you wished. You can also opt to eat in front of your bure, or on the pretty deck.
A special thanks to Mel and Justin, Tim, the friendly barman, and our smiling bure girls. You are all doing a terrific job. See you again soon.

Room Tip: If you can afford it,Palm Villa 2 is the furthest away from everything. However, the garden Villas...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jude049
Reviewed June 12, 2012

If you are looking for a resort in Fiji on the internet the choices can be overwhelming, i was nervous booking myself but my fantastic experience started when the agent for blue lagoon started to correspond with me, Kylie was amazing friendly helpful I felt as though i was in great hands, when I arrived at the resort to be greeted by locals and a cold drink I thought wow this is just beautiful, I cannot say enough about my stay, my husband and I were treated like a King and Queen by everyone the local people are so friendly the Managers are amazing the accomodation just divine, it was immaculatley clean, the shower under the stars was truley wonderful, it was my birthday whilst there and they all surprised me with a cake and a group of locals sang to me, I am extremley fussy so you can trust this review when I say look no further as I can guarantee if you choose the Blue Lagoon Beach Resort you will come away feeling you have had value for your money infact we didnt want to leave and will definitley go back.

Room Tip: We chose the Garden Villa, I thought this was fantastic but the Beach Front villas are just as nice...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee M
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Words can't describe the beautiful setting and wonderful people from around the globe whom we met during our 1 week stay in V5 on the beach. This place has it all for a fantastic/relaxing/activity rich getaway. The trip to the village/school, going to church on Sunday, snorkelling, hiking, lazing in the hammock, crab race (and oath!), etc. were all great experiences that we will never forget. Each and every member of the staff was beyond friendly and extremely accomodating in meeting our every want and need. Thanks Justin, for EVERYTHING!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Yasawa Island
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
#2 of 3 in Nacula Island

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!