“Excellent- please don't change a thing!!”

Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Spent 4 nights at Blue Lagoon at the end of August, before going on to Octopus resort. Had the most amazing journey out to the island as we took the sea plane - something I shall never forget. We arrived on a Sunday so we didn't receive the usual welcome but were invited to the cava ceremony the next night. In fact, my husband went most nights and had a drink with all the new guests and was always walmly welcomed by the locals!

We stayed right on the beach which is well worth paying the extra if you can afford it; we could sit on our deck and watch the sunset whilst sipping on a glass of bubbly - I was in heaven! As far as the bungalow goes, we loved the outside bathroom and the king bed was very comfortable. The bunk beds were fine although not much room on the bottom bunk to sit up. Could have done with a table in the corner to use as a dressing table but not a worry!

There's plenty of activities organised here but it is a fairly quiet resort and so even though our bungalow was right next to the restaurant and bar, we were never kept awake by loud music and most people were tucked up in bed by 10pm! Our main reason for choosng Fiji was so that my husband and son could go diving as they'd just completed their PADI course back home. However, my son broke his arm 5 days before we went so they couldn't dive. This didn't stop him doing everything else though. He went night snorkelling - which he loved - cave trip (and even swam under the water, through the tunnel and into the next cave which was pitch black!), crab racing and fishing! We all participated in the Survivor Fiji night which was lots of fun and even a little competitive!! Happily, our team won and were treated to a fabulous champagne breakfast on the beach the following morning. Thank you so much for that Justin and Mel - you are wonderful hosts.

This resort is very laid back, well organised and beautiful. We will see you again soon I hope - my husband and son are desperate to do the Shark Dive that you run there and I want to return to chill out in my little slice of paradise. So,...please DON'T change a thing :-)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bahrain08
Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 blissful nights mid Sept 2011. After reading previous reviews, we chose to pay the small fee to upgrade to the captains lounge on the Yasawa Flyer, what a perfect start to our break away!! Sitting back in air-conditioned comfort, sipping on a glass of white wine, the 5+hr trip went remarkably quick!
From the moment we booked online to the very sad moment we were ferried back to the Yasawa Flyer, we received the highest level of service from all the wonderful staff we interacted with. No request was too much, they even organised a private trip to the caves for 6 of us as we were all only staying 2 nights and the cave visit wasn't scheduled on those days. We met some lovely new friends during our stay, and this was solely due to the communal eating - what a fabulous idea! The food was amazing; we had the kokoda for lunch both days, so good! The first night was Fijian night, so we were very lucky to experience our first Lovo - the pork and chicken was so moist and tasty, yummo! The second night we chose to splurge on the lobster dinner for 2 - WOW!!!! There was so much food, and not one lobster, but 3!!!!!!! What an amazing way to spend our last night in paradise. We stayed in a beachfront villa, #5, it was so spectacular and comfortable, our little piece of paradise. It was spotlessly clean, and even when we messed it up a bit, it was serviced the next day and was spotlessly clean again, and had beautiful fresh flowers placed in it too! It was the little personal touches like that that you don't find in many places these days. I had a beautiful relaxing 1hr massage with Mary, what a lovely experience! There were so many wonderful moments, I could go on and on and on, but I better get back to work so I can save up for our next visit here!!! Thank you Justin, Mel, Tim & all the beautiful staff - Prue

Room Tip: We loved beachfront Villa # 5!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pg1418
Reviewed September 24, 2011

There isn't a lot I can add that hasn't already been said 100 times – but that I'd very highly recommend this as a holiday destination whether you're looking for a romantic break, somewhere to take the kids, or are an independent traveller. The scenery is stunning, the staff and hosts are fantastic – and super helpful, the food is great, the accommodation is fantastic, there is plenty to do, and it's decent value for money. We were travelling with a 7 month old, and they couldn't have been more accommodating. Don't waste too much time reading reviews - there aren't any skeletons in this closet. Book with confidence and you'll have an unforgettable trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden villa - they are 25 metres from the beach and great value for money
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Monkey_Kelv
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the resort in early July 2011 as a joint celebration of our anniversary and our birthdays. What can I say, it was the best holiday either of us have ever been on and we will definitely be back. We stayed in a Garden villa, and it was great. Although next time we decided we would choose a beachfront villa. The staff are brilliant, the food is great, don't even think twice about it - go here! We will be back definitely. The highlight of our trip was the village visit, it is a must do.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sez86
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were fortuante to spend 6 days at the Blue Lagoon Beach Resort in mid August. From the moment of our arrival we knew it would be a spectacular holiday. The incredible staff greeted our boat beachside with traditional Fijian music and refreshing drinks. We were escorted to the beautiful Palm Villas. The Palm Villas are the newly built 5 star accomodoations which can fit a family of 5 very comfortably. We were in paradise.

Our stay was everything we could have wanted and more. The ability to completely "unplug" enbaled us to relax and soak in the beauty of the island and the Fijian people. The resort has an incredible symbiotic relationship with the local village that is truly inspiring.

There are plenty of fun activies to keep you busy if you would like, or you can just relax at the beach or wander and explore on your own.

The entire staff were AMAZING and so hospitiable.
Following is a big shout out to some of them by name:
- Moses and his sidekick the "warrior" for their wonderful bar tending, infectious smiles and great sense of humor
- Whalu, Kenny, Apu - their great help & expertise during all of our water activities
- Dro-dro - for the relaxing Fijian massage
- Ema and Kafo who were wonderful "go to" people
- Martha, Amelia and all of the others at the restaurant
- the amazing kava boys led by the incomparable Noble

Last but not least Justin and Mel who keep it all running. You have created a wonderful/relaxing vacation environment. You went the extra mile to ensure the ultimate satisfaction that will keep us coming back!

Vinaka and Bula,
Roonie and Vida Bruozis

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank VidaSantaMonica_CA
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I went to blue lagoon for 5 days and they were the most amazing 5 days ever, overlooking amazing blue water with such great snorkeling! in the 10 days travelling around the yasawas the food at blue lagoon was definitely the best and the servings sizes were always enough to keep you full! i spent my 21st birthday here and i couldnt have hoped for a better birthday!! We did the Cave Trip which was really fun and nice! definitely worth doing! For my 21st my boyfriend got me the lobster dinner which was sooo good! there was soo much food we walked away stuffed! Not only did i have an amazing dinner but afterwards the fijian singers sang me a Happy Birthday and i was given a ridiculously yummy cake and a gift from the staff :) They really made my day and i couldn't imagine a better birthday!!
We stayed in the Lodge and the Garden Bures. The lodge was defininately a lot better than i was expecting so our stay there was very pleasant. the bathrooms are always clean too which is a plus! the garden bures are really lovely and the outdoor shower really makes it special!
I will definitely be going back to blue lagoon resort when i go back to fiji :)!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anyaaaaaaaa
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Given all of the reviews of this place, may not make sense for another one giving it five stars. However, this place is awesome. I really needed a vacation, and 5 days here was a great way to relax and enjoy island living.

Pros:

1. Excellent management: Justin and Mel are extremely professional and around great people - they saw the boat off every day and waved to people as they left the resort. They take pride in making sure everyone has a comfortable and pleasant stay - staying very engaged with staff and guests

2. Great food: the chef takes chances, and 9 times out of 10 they are on target. The food was wonderful and changed every day. I stayed at Beaches once and thought they had great food - but I think the Blue Lagoon rivals it

3. Beach/Reef: Can't beat the reef that comes right up to the beach. Both are awesome and snorkeling was nearly as good as the scuba diving (don't miss the shark feeding dive)

4. Staff: the staff are great - particularly Nick the divemaster.

5. Activities: Plenty for the whole family. I thought the visit to the caves were the best

Cons:

1. Lodge room was pretty good, but not excellent. Could use more hooks for clothes and a chest of drawers as it was a very basic setup.

2. Massage was just okay and the price was a bit too high for what you get. I had not had Fijian massages before, and it was bit like the Khmer massage, only for some reason both masseurs really went to town on my calves and they hurt for hours after the massage (maybe good, but strange that they focused mostly on my calves and others complained of similar treatment).

3. Drinks were overpriced, but I guess they have to make their money somehow. Someone brought their own bottle of gin - not what I would do, but worth it if you are on a very tight budget and like to drink a lot

4. The stretch between lunch and dinner can be quite long, and I was often really hungry before dinner. They had snacks you could buy until 6 PM, so the wait between 6-7:30 PM each day was a bit much with no snacks available. They would do well to put out something to tide people over. Until then, best to bring some granola bars or something if you think you might get hungry.

All in all, one of the best vacations I've ever had - and the pros far outweigh the cons. It's a perfect place to relax and just check out for a few days. I will certainly try to go back there again someday (and from what other guests told me, the Blue Lagoon is the best deal in its category on the Yasawa Islands).

Room Tip: Go for the beach villa if you've got the money
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
#1 of 1 in Yasawa Island
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
#2 of 3 in Nacula Island

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!