Spent 4 nights at Blue Lagoon at the end of August, before going on to Octopus resort. Had the most amazing journey out to the island as we took the sea plane - something I shall never forget. We arrived on a Sunday so we didn't receive the usual welcome but were invited to the cava ceremony the next night. In fact, my husband went most nights and had a drink with all the new guests and was always walmly welcomed by the locals!
We stayed right on the beach which is well worth paying the extra if you can afford it; we could sit on our deck and watch the sunset whilst sipping on a glass of bubbly - I was in heaven! As far as the bungalow goes, we loved the outside bathroom and the king bed was very comfortable. The bunk beds were fine although not much room on the bottom bunk to sit up. Could have done with a table in the corner to use as a dressing table but not a worry!
There's plenty of activities organised here but it is a fairly quiet resort and so even though our bungalow was right next to the restaurant and bar, we were never kept awake by loud music and most people were tucked up in bed by 10pm! Our main reason for choosng Fiji was so that my husband and son could go diving as they'd just completed their PADI course back home. However, my son broke his arm 5 days before we went so they couldn't dive. This didn't stop him doing everything else though. He went night snorkelling - which he loved - cave trip (and even swam under the water, through the tunnel and into the next cave which was pitch black!), crab racing and fishing! We all participated in the Survivor Fiji night which was lots of fun and even a little competitive!! Happily, our team won and were treated to a fabulous champagne breakfast on the beach the following morning. Thank you so much for that Justin and Mel - you are wonderful hosts.
This resort is very laid back, well organised and beautiful. We will see you again soon I hope - my husband and son are desperate to do the Shark Dive that you run there and I want to return to chill out in my little slice of paradise. So,...please DON'T change a thing :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new stylish resort located on one of the best beaches in the Yasawas. Right in the middle of the blue lagoon region, the resort is located on a white sandy beach with all tide swimming. Dive shop, snorkeling and many activities. Open planned restaurant and bar with espresso bar and live music nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Blue Lagoon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Beach Hotel Nacula Island
- Blue Lagoon Beach Resort Fiji/Nacula Island