“Perfection”

Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I still dream about the sound of the wind howling through the trees and the waves hitting the shore of beautiful Nacula Island. It was by far, the more restful holiday I've had in a very long time. The resort is tiny and its one of two tiny resorts on this tiny island. You'll get to know your co-vacationers well during the communal dining at meals - personally I thought this was really fun. The staff is very hard working and friendly. They genuinely want you to enjoy your stay. The food is pretty decent, considering the lengths they have to go to to get it to you! The fresh bread in the a.m. is fantastic. I would whole-heartedly recommend that anyone visiting Fiji stay there for at least a couple nights. It is well worth the ferry ride. Also, if you can, spring for the beachfront accomodations - they are well worth the extra money.

We took the sea plane back to the main Island. The folks at Blue Lagoon helped us to arrange it. It was a great way to see the Islands and was super fast. If you have it in your budget, I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank wanderluster94
Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Beautiful resort. I travelled here with my boyfriend before meeting my family in Australia. We stayed for 4 nights in the garden bure with the outdoor shower. Beautiful room although only a fan to cool you off. Outdoor shower was amazing! Room was very clean and kept clean throughout our stay. Good food although not a huge menu, but for our 5 day stay it was great. Beach was well maintained and kept tidy, ocean was BEAUTIFUL and the reef right in front of the beach is amazing for snorkelling. Best part was that it is a small resort pretty much had the beach to ourselves early in the morning as we chose against doing activities and decided to just relax. There were no children which was awesome, as there is a 4 hour boat ride to the resort I can see why people with children didn't choose this place.
A couple things that could have been better: Drinks were a bit pricey but we brought a bottle of tequila with us :) :). There are also very few snacks only chips really. If you eat lunch at lunch time, you don't get dinner until around 7 or 8, thats a long time with no food when you are used to eating every two hours! Mid afternoon light snacks would have been nice, nothing crazy just something more than chips. On your last day your boat leaves at around 1230-100 they do not give you lunch... with a four hour boat ride ahead of you I was not impressed with that. They did give you the option to buy a wrap or two which was nice but really a meal before hand would have been much appreciated. We took the trip to the village which was great although the stuff they sell was obviously bought on the main island and then sold for about double if not more the price... you can get all the "handmade crafts" at the airport for way cheaper. I understand they dont have much money but it would have been nice to actually get a unique item from the village. I still bought from the village though :)
Other than that really I would definatly recommend this place! Very friendly staff!

Room Tip: Garden Bure was great and for a good price. Outdoor shower a must have it was wonderful
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LYVY
Reviewed July 17, 2011

After carefully looking for a place to spend my wedding and honeymoon in Fiji I found the best value for money in Fiji: Blue Lagoon Resort.

I have to say that the managers Mel and Justin are great, they help me with everything when I was planing my trip.
Once in there, they are even better!!!! seriously! they manage to make you fill so comfortable and take care for everything with a smile in their face!!!

We took the Turtle Island sea plane from Nadi to Turtle Island resort(45 min of amazing views of Fiji) and from there to Nacula Island by boat(10 min).
That is the best option since it cost $140 pp(only $40 more than the boat!) and saves you about 5 hours of boat!!!

The accommodation is spotless !!! even the most simple of the rooms with the share toilet (which is always clean).
If you can afford the garden bungalows or sea view bungalows they are beautiful, all of them with a beautiful private garden shower and flowers decorating everything!

Amazing island, amazing people, great food and clear Cristal turquoise water makes the place haven on earth!
If you can, don't miss the shark dive. One of the best!

I absolutely love it, best holiday on my life!!!!

Thank you so much Mel, Justin and Tim for doing so much for me and my wife and making my stay in Blue Lagoon Beach Resort so great!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RudyBrasil
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Arriving Arriving at The Blue Lagoon was like coming home to paradise!
Stepping onto the shore at Nacula was like instant heaven and right from our arrival we enjoyed every minute. The water and air temp were divine after a cold Sydney winter and to have top quality snorkelling, crystal clear water, and a sandy beach for the kids- high and low tide was fantastic! We found the snorkelling straight off the resort to be incredibly complete and convenient; good visibility, improving to great the further out you go, a healthy, diverse reef with an amazing range of coral, fish, fish, fish! And safe for the children; no strong tidal changes, no rips or currents- no problems!
Prior we spent four nights at the Naviti on the Coral Coast in cattle-class crush hell with hundreds of drunk tourists, smokers and screaming overweight kids, during which my 10 yr old son and I contracted food poisoning and our camera broke. Great to leave!
The spectacular journey on the Yasawa Flyer, although long for our 7 yr old and slightly worrying for those of us still nursing tender bellies was a perfect introduction to another side if Fiji. The further out we went, the more interesting and diverse the islands, reefs and even people became!
The assortment and pace of activities was perfect for us; enough to do without feeling rushed to get everything in and pricing was appropriate; lots of inclusive activities, free tours and those at a cost were very well priced. We loved the cave trip and visiting the school (please take all the books etc. you can fit), running up the summit, enjoyed the coconut demonstration and the children weaved for hours with Thease(?). We were also able to enjoy lots of R&R- reading in the giant hammocks, lying on the beach soaking up the sun etc.
With the assortment of accommodation and pricing at Blue Lagoon, comes a diverse range of people and we met wonderfully interesting people from all over the world. The children made friends and played happily all day- absolutely no need for kids club! It’s a safe environment and they felt confident having free run of the resort, gardens, beach and water, enjoying a level of independence unavailable at home. (For those who don’t have children- don’t worry. From our 7 nights there and what I observed, for the most part it seems to be a nicer type of child and family who ends up out there).
The food was perfect. Enough range and variety without being overwhelmed by choice (nice on holidays!) and the staff were all exceptional; from the restaurant and bar, the office, boatmen, band, housekeepers, guides, David the night guard and Justin and Mel. Particularly impressed by Tim (office manager, boatman, fire dancer…), who upon being asked declared that no, there is nothing he cannot do, and the delightful Emma. All so friendly and inclusive, happy to enlighten us about island life now and in times past (without making you feel too much like the white-honkey tourist). I was very sad to leave.
Interesting, we spent the next night at the Radisson Denarau Island, which was lovely; huge with a continuous pool and water feature chain and waterslide and an endlessly extensive breakfast, but our 10 yr old summed it up best for us all, “this is nice and I like the breakfast, but I like the little island better”.
I recommend this for those who like a slower pace, are not into consumerism and commercial trappings of modern western life and appreciate the natural environment. I would have never holidayed in Fiji (having imagined it all to be like the Coral Coast resorts) but for a friend recommending Blue Lagoon so highly. We can’t thank her enough!

Room Tip: For our family of 4, the Garden Villa was ideal and eaily affordable. Friends stayed in the Palm vi...
4  Thank Vicmassage
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed with the Blue Lagoon Resort on Nacula Island this July and had a fabulous time with the family!

The villas were beautiful with open-sky showers and spacious bathrooms a huge hit. The double lodge rooms were also cool and comfortable with a short walk to the bathrooms.

The resort is positioned in a prime position on the Island with a long sandy beach, reefs accessible throughout the day (and night) and with many reefs, islands and attractions nearby.

What we were really struck by though was the way the people of the island welcomed us and made us feel like one of the family! In our short stay we made a lot of new friends and left reluctantly at the end!!

Thank you Blue Lagoon :) Hope to see you soon.

2  Thank Ellaphantastic
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Staying here was really a dream!
The resort is beautiful and right situated on the wonderful, long, white sandy beach with its cristal clear waters and a beautiful reef.
The bures looked beautiful from the outside. I stayed in a dorm, which was airconditined and very clean. Beds were comfy and every bed had a small own table. No bunk beds :-) Even the shared facilities were clean and every day you've been given a new clean towel. New beachtowels were outside the rooms for free.
At night the path through the resort was lighted with candles. That looked awesome :-)
Staff were all very friendly and helpful. They made my stay so special.
The food was simply AMAZING!! I especially liked the breakfast. If you're a backpacker and have nothing but toast, jam and instant coffee for breakfast in weeks, you really appreciate what they offer you: coffee, tea and juices, cereals, muffins, pancakes, fresh fruit, sausages ... and of course toast, spreads and jam ;-) For lunch you could choose from different meals presented on the blackboard and dinner was always an event with amazing menus! If you are vegetarian or don't like anything they'd offer you usually, they always have a yummy alternative for you!
The Bar offered lots of drinks including cocktails.
Entertainment is offered everyday, but it varies from day to day: bakery or village visits, cave trips, church service, weaving, trips to the blue lagoon and so on. But overall this is a quiet place to realx and to sit back with a good book.
A couple of times a week they greet the new guests with a cava ceremony, which was an interessting experience.
I only can recommend staying here, you'll find paradise!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Apolda
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed here for four nights and loved it! The staff are really nice and helpful. Despite a misunderstanding regarding our booking the office staff couldn't have handled it better. For this reason we sampled nearly all the different types of accomodation avaliable. The beachfront villa is gorgeous and luxurious, the garden villas are just as good, minus the view, and the dorm is the best we've been in, in 10 months travelling.
The food is spectacular. The choices are wide and all very tasty. The evening feast are good too with themed nights (seafood/tapas/bbq).
The activities on offer are also well worth doing. They are all guided by the lovely local Fijians. We really enjoyed the morning hill walk and school village and would definitely recommend it.
No matter how long or how short your time at Blue Lagoon is, it is sure to be the highlight of your trip and you'll definitely be kept busy with the activities and the brilliant snorkelling right on your door step!

2  Thank Alvie89
#1 of 1 in Naviti Island
Yasawa Island Resort and Spa
Yasawa Island Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Yasawa Island

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!