“the staff became family in days”
Review of Nabua Lodge

Nabua Lodge
Reviewed March 22, 2014

felt so welcome and absolutely loved all the staff, the location was utter paradise and i will be going back next year made lots of friends there and left welcomed the entire time they couldnt do enough for us, very happy memories and fantastic food

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Firstly, if you are looking for quiet then this is the place to go. The rooms were basic but clean. It was peaceful with not too much to do other than lie on a hammock and read a book whilst eating the free mangoes - heaven.
The trip to the Blue Lagoon for snorkelling was worth the visit and not expensive. Also the very short walk along the beach for afternoon tea and cake was lovely and a good excuse to get off the hammock!
The food in Nabua was nothing special - but none of the food I had in any Fiji hotel was great, just ok. I enjoyed it and would go back if I was going to Fiji again.

Room Tip: Pay for a bure rather than a dorm
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went to 5 resorts in the yasawas and this was our least favorite. The dorms are basic but clean (I know its fiji but there were so many bugs in the showers, didn't experience it anywhere else), the food is ok and the beach is not spectacular. The resort is ok but don't expect anything to 'wow' you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katie_m989
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This was by far my favourite island lodge. The people were so friendly, would do anything to improve your stay. I have never met a nationality that are so pleasant.
The rooms were basic, but clean and we slept very well.
This is a relaxing island not a party island! Beautiful beach and snorkeling!
The village trip where you meet a chief watch the school children sing and dance and visit a small craft fair made by the local women. Is a must.
Would highly recommend staying here!
Thankyou to Joe and Romeo for making this island so memorable.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Dani1994
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great place - first island experience of Fiji and it did not disappoint. The resort is pretty, we stayed in a double room which was large and luckily came with a mosquitto net! Staff were very friendly, food was tasty and evening entertainment kept us at the bar all night. Beach very small but there was enough space as it is not overly busy. There is a little cafe that sells tea and cake in the afternoon a few minutes walk from nabua - nice and quaint. Perfect blue water as you would expect from Fiji and so far from the main land it is not too busy. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nabua Lodge was one of three resorts I was booked into at the Airport at Nandi .
It was not my prior choice , but it was the first Island I went to . After 4 nights I move to another Island , I had already heard that the third Island lacked water . I hated the 2nd Island resort and after one night requested to return to Nabua lodge . When I returned , I fell into the arms of the staff waiting to welcome new visitors . I was put back into the best bure , which was decked out with flowers as if for newly weds .
The food wasn't very exciting , but kept the wolf from the door , our chef a young man of 21 . I simply loved the location the beach and the island people with whom I made good friends . I stayed all my 2 weeks at Nabua Lodge . I used to guide new arrivals along the beach to Oarsman's Bay , where at any state of the tide , the snorkeling was superb . I have never seen a more beautiful coral reef , so accessible close to and such a huge variety of fish . I would go back there any time , I particularly liked the Fijian naturalness . if I go to a Pacific tropical island ; want it to be just that , to be able to commune with the natives , have a taste of their lives . I do not want a modern resort , catering for western comforts , that has no real down to earth fijian culture .

Room Tip: I prefered to have a room with a bathroom , because I need to go during the night . I was first in a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is not what you are seeing in the pictures. In December 2012, there was a Cyclone that hit this area. The pictures are beautiful on line but things are not there, such as all the green. It is not any 16 dollars U.S., Years ago it was that price. More like 40 or 50 U.S. dollars. a night., depending on the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
0 mi away
Long Beach Resort
Long Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Matacawalevu Island

Been to Nabua Lodge? Share your experiences!