Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$860
$475
Travelocity
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
$372
$172
$153
  • Pool
$607
Cancelon
Clef des Iles(Mahe Island)
$297
$276
Agoda.com
Ocean View Guest House(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
$112
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
2,009 results
All reviewssushi restaurantbeau vallon beachocean viewexcellent locationbeautiful beachfront office managershower roomour honeymoonlive musicla plagemahe islandbreakfast and dinnerlate checkmain restaurantspecial thankshalf boardwater sports
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The greeting staff was very proactive and friendly, cannot say the same about the waitresses by the pool restaurant. I loved the view for breakfast from the restaurant. The beach is very clean and you will find some restaurant walking distance. The rooms were clean, however were very tiny and poor furnished. I understand the price is a good one for Seychelles, but I think next time we would prefer to rent a house.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rurik88
Reviewed March 17, 2014

mid-range hotel with quite casually staff. We stayed at the hotel twice and the first time we were upgraded and got nice rooms with great views of the ocean. The second time it was a problem with one of the rooms, it leaked into the water over the door, it was the plumbing which meant flooding when you showered. Staff promised that the room would be exchanged but detT was nothing! The food was ok but pricey! Location was great, right on the beach. The pool and pool area clean and well maintained

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susanne H
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed for a day on way to flyfishing at Farquhar atoll...beds were comfortable ...suggest an ocean view ...mountain view was a little claustrophobic
Food was good ...felt like we were dining on beach

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Sankalp K, Director of Sales at Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Yehudigaffen

Thank you for your comments. I do recall you telling me about the great bone fishing you experienced. The Seychelles is a great paradise to experience just what nature can offer. Thank you for choosing the Coral Strand for your layover.

Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had to stay at this hotel for business reasons. It is apparently owned by Russians and clearly caters to Russians of the lower middle class. It was probably designed by the architect of the lubiyanka prison.It is soulless and grey. The rooms are awful and dank.I insisted on an upgrade and all I got was the same bedroom and another room attached that made the moon seem atmospheric. The food is like Butlin's UK aka,1970s.Plenty to eat and mediocre at best.
The lift never worked and in the absence of a gym the walk up and down 5 floors in the clammy heat was I guess a form of exercise!
The staff were mostly pleasant and useless. I had to ask 4 times for extra hangers.

As to nightly entertainment, If loud pop music and second rate bands are you thing, in bar by the pool, that would be hard to exceed in terms of drabness, just about saved by the Indian ocean lapping by the shore, then you will like this place. Particularly, if you think Soviet style accommodation is warm and welcoming .Otherwise, this hotel is a blight on the otherwise pretty coastline and is best avoided by anyone who has good taste and a deeper pocket.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Ian M

Dear Ian

Thank you for posting your comments and providing your review.
I would like to point out that the hotel is indeed recently owned and managed by Russians but certainly do not cater for just our guests from Russia. We have a strong client base from all countries that do see the Coral Strand as value for money. The hotel first opened its doors back in 1972 and from a structural point was the style at the time. Due to limited space we still though have managed to make some radical changes to the bedrooms and restaurants with the refurbishment completed late 2012. I am sorry to hear that the rooms did not live up to your expectation. The complimentary room upgraded provided was to our Deluxe room which offers a separate lounging area to the main bedroom. This room type is our largest room with 48 sq meters. I am glad to advise that the lift by the reception which was out of order is now functioning (the second lift on the other side operated as per normal). As I am not sure of your length of stay with us the music does change every night from "pop" to Blues to Jazz with the odd Karaoke now and then, all shutting down by 10pm.
Once again we do apologies for not meeting your expectations

Reviewed March 9, 2014

When I was selecting a hotel for my mahe trip my concerns were that the hotel should not be isolated like small properties, should be in the center and on the beach. Although it's not four star as it says but it was good as compared to others if price is a concern. Breakfast was just ok, room and washrooms were like clean and were with everything which was required.

Room Tip: Request for a ocean view in the middle building
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Agha I

Dear Agha

Thank you for your review. To coin a cliché The Coral Strand hotel is what it says on the tin. Location great, in the middle of the beach, close to the shops and other restaurants in the area. Although our food standard and service is certainly of 4 star quality, we are continuously striving to improve.
We look forward to welcoming you back.